Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A'ja Wilson

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    At LEAST half the boards she went over the back.
    I would say that you are the worst basketball poster here, but it's pretty clear that you are just trolling at this point. Good for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    This is South Carolina's last hooray. They will be very average next season without Aja. Missouri, Georgia and Texas A&M will all be hard to beat next season. I believe we will be top 5 in the conference but we will fall back also.
    We will still be loaded with talent but losing Viv, Blair, and Morgan will be tought overcome for offense AND leadership. May take us a while to gel as a team without them. I think we will be good down the stretch.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    This is South Carolina's last hooray. They will be very average next season without Aja. Missouri, Georgia and Texas A&M will all be hard to beat next season. I believe we will be top 5 in the conference but we will fall back also.
    That's funny. You haven't checked their recruiting classes obviously. They are just reloading. This rivalry will continue to pick up steam over the next few years.
    No Signature

vCash
    To even think Wilson is over rated, over hyped is funny! She is physical, she is athletic, so what she shoots layups and FT's, that what great players do that play inside. High % with layups dude, why shoot jumpers, she is 6'5".

You gone crazy with this post, Wilson 4 time Sec player of the year with a Natty. She is a POST Player dude, get over yourself, I sure as hell wish we had her on our team. She makes her team better in all aspects, dominate player.
    Most valuable player in the country and don't tell me you wouldn't want her on your team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I know I'll get blasted for this post but A'ja ain't all that. She's a layup machine on offense and that's it. You make her shoot jumpers and she's just a good college player not a college HOFer. Put quick bodies on her and double her when she gets the ball. Forget about trying to put our biggest on her. We want her to try to shoot over the defender not drive around and put up layups. She's too quick for our bigs. I think you double her with Vivians and another guard attacking her at the front. We have lots of guards that can afford a couple fouls. We can't have our bigs in foul trouble. The key to frustrating her is to put two smaller bodies on her and hound her into getting some turnovers and a couple charge calls. Make her shoot jumpers.
    I'm pretty sure 'make her shoot jumpers' is what every coach would love to do. Deciding on a good result is the easy part, forcing her into that is the hard part, and the degree of difficulty is reflected in the fact that no one can really do it successfully.

That's like saying 'Just make Shaq shoot jumpers,' or, 'Just make LeBron pull up from 30 feet every time.' She is dominant down low and there is a reason for that. Because she is really freaking good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm pretty sure 'make her shoot jumpers' is what every coach would love to do. Deciding on a good result is the easy part, forcing her into that is the hard part, and the degree of difficulty is reflected in the fact that no one can really do it successfully.

That's like saying 'Just make Shaq shoot jumpers,' or, 'Just make LeBron pull up from 30 feet every time.' She is dominant down low and there is a reason for that. Because she is really freaking good.
    Beat me to it.

vCash
    The idiocy in this thread is overwhelming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    I would say that you are the worst basketball poster here, but it's pretty clear that you are just trolling at this point. Good for you.
    I’m not trolling. We really don’t know how good she is because she is so
    Protected. She gets away with more than the UK men put together do. The few games I have seen where she hasn’t been quite as protected she looks human. As for the worst basketball poster here....maybe so. If so I have beat out some mighty stiff competition.

vCash
    I?m not trolling. We really don?t know how good she is because she is so
    Protected. She gets away with more than the UK men put together do. The few games I have seen where she hasn?t been quite as protected she looks human. As for the worst basketball poster here....maybe so. If so I have beat out some mighty stiff competition.
    We may not know just how good she is, but the range of possibilities is something like between 'really, really good' and 'all-time great'. We definitely know she is at least really, really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We may not know just how good she is, but the range of possibilities is something like between 'really, really good' and 'all-time great'. We definitely know she is at least really, really good.
    She is good, but I haven’t seen her in a level playing environment enough to know. A lot of what she does is based on calls not going against here that would go against 90% + one her players. Most are walking and over the back. It’s the no calls with her, not the calls that are made on people guarding her.

vCash
    She is good, but I haven’t seen her in a level playing environment enough to know. A lot of what she does is based on calls not going against here that would go against 90% + one her players. Most are walking and over the back. It’s the no calls with her, not the calls that are made on people guarding her.
    I don't know what to tell you at this point. She is really freaking good. She is not really freaking good simply because she gets calls in her favor.

You seem to believe that all we know is that she is 6'5" and everything else about her can be attributed simply to the refs all colluding to call everything in her favor, for some unknown reason.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    She also had 16 boards and 6 blocks.
    But yet UCONN blew them out..
    No Signature

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    So are we talking about UCONN being better than USC, or are we talking about how good A'ja Wilson is? We call what you just did a straw man argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    as they probably would us this year. Our lack of depth will show in the once we get to the Sweet 16 and beyond
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The problem was the amount of time TM was on the bench and our poor shooting from all over the floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    The problem was the amount of time TM was on the bench and our poor shooting from all over the floor.
    Exactly, we were beaten by our lack of offense much more than by SC's offense. Couldn't hit an open 3 and couldn't hit a layup. Also, Wilson is really freakin' good, no question about that. She also gets a lot of preferential calls from SEC refs. Both can be true. Officiating had very little to do with yesterday's result though.

vCash
    If you could shoot a lay up every time, would you do it? Yes, because lay ups are made at about a 90% rate. She can get a lay up whenever she wants because SHE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY. If you can’t see that, then I don’t know what to tell you. By your logic McCowan is just okay.