Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sam Houston state baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Got an rbi, r, played great defense today, and made some good contact. Why you hate this kid so much?
    C34 must always have his whipping boy. Before LA it was Hunter Renfroe and I'm sure it will be another designee after Belmont leaves. Not that these guys don't deserve some criticism but 34 seems to want to take it to the crusade level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raymond21 View Post
    Easy. This team can not hit. Those freshman that are hitting now will see a different level pitcher when Conference play starts. We will have to win a lot of 2-1 games
    One stat that is eyecatching is that we left 31 runners stranded this weekend alone. Heck today alone our 1 and 9 hitters alone left 9 on base. That 350 BA doesn't mean squat if you Strikeout with RISP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    C34 must always have his whipping boy. Before LA it was Hunter Renfroe and I'm sure it will be another designee after Belmont leaves. Not that these guys don't deserve some criticism but 34 seems to want to take it to the crusade level.
    #FoamBat is batting .196...how is he my "whipping boy"? How bout he hit his weight?

And FYI- the guy I took up for time after time again last season- Tanner Poole- is hitting .393. You remember him- the guy that your normal message board poster kept raising hell about- hoping he would quit? Yet t=kept taking up for FoamBat time after time no matter how bad he was?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    #FoamBat is batting .196...how is he my "whipping boy"? How bout he hit his weight?

And FYI- the guy I took up for time after time again last season- Tanner Poole- is hitting .393. You remember him- the guy that your normal message board poster kept raising hell about- hoping he would quit? Yet t=kept taking up for FoamBat time after time no matter how bad he was?
    Like I said, there is some criticism warranted no doubt relative to Alexander. As a JR he should be much better than he is at the plate. The big issue here should be our coach though. Belmont is what he is and he doesn't write his own name in the starting lineup. I would hope if we had someone better we would play them. Cann started him and now Henderson is doing the same so I assume none of our coaches are seeing a better option.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    France should start but he's not at 100% yet.
    I watched France pitch on Sat. versus Houston. He was real good, but relied on his fastball way too much. Houston battery started timing him pretty quick and were absolutely crushing the ball. Luckily for us, most of those hard hits just happened to be right at our defenders. He needs to work on his change up, and curve/slider type pitches to gain confidence in them. Forgot how much he pitched, but it was enough he was spent and couldn't throw on Sunday. Beating Houston was real big as they were ranked #19 at the time. Good win that will help towards the post season should we be on the bubble. Vandy looks weaker this year, but KY looks damn strong EVERYWHERE!!!