Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston baseball thread

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Could we have gotten a worse draw? Lol... those 2 throttled us
    No reason to lose to LSU, we are a much better team than them imo. We just played like dog shit today. Peters never woke up for the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    hitting .226
    And Stovall is hitting at .316, but his obp is .333. Walks count. Luke needs to hit better; but if he can get on base at over a .350 clip, that is very valuable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    No reason to lose to LSU, we are a much better team than them imo. We just played like dog shit today. Peters never woke up for the day.
    Agree

vCash
    And Stovall is hitting at .316, but his obp is .333. Walks count. Luke needs to hit better; but if he can get on base at over a .350 clip, that is very valuable
    Not in the 5 spot. You gotta drive runs in.

vCash
    Also, I don't think ANYBODY is happy with Stovall's production right now, but we know he can do better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketCityDawg View Post
    Also, I don't think ANYBODY is happy with Stovall's production right now, but we know he can do better.
    He is hitting .316. That is plenty good enough. He needs to get on base in other ways too though hitting 2nd

vCash
    He is hitting .316. That is plenty good enough. He needs to get on base in other ways too though hitting 2nd
    It's not just about numbers. He had like 6 or 7 hits in a row. Other than that and last night's double, not much production.

vCash
    Could we have gotten a worse draw? Lol... those 2 throttled us
    Then IF we get through Tenn, we prob get Florida... ugh!

vCash
    It's not just about numbers. He had like 6 or 7 hits in a row. Other than that and last night's double, not much production.
    There will be times when you just cannot buy a hit. That is why walks are important. Look at mangum and Stovall... in 82 PAs, they have 3 walks between them; that is 3.7% walk rate. Make fun of luke walking all you want, but he has a 15.4% walk rate (6 walks in 39 PAs). Getting on base helps produce runs

vCash
    1st pitch?

vCash
    1st pitch?
    8:35

vCash
    Starting at 8:35

vCash
    Not in the 5 spot. You gotta drive runs in.
    exactly. 5-6 hole has to hit the ball. You wanna walk? Bat 8th or 9th
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    exactly. 5-6 hole has to hit the ball. You wanna walk? Bat 8th or 9th
    I agree with that. If Luke continues to struggle hitting, but can get on base, he needs to hit down in the order. If he cannot hit or walk, gotta sit him

vCash
    The worst hitter should bat 7th or 8th IMO, that way you have someone to turn the lineup over to Mangum.

vCash
    There will be times when you just cannot buy a hit. That is why walks are important. Look at mangum and Stovall... in 82 PAs, they have 3 walks between them; that is 3.7% walk rate. Make fun of luke walking all you want, but he has a 15.4% walk rate (6 walks in 39 PAs). Getting on base helps produce runs
    I'm not a Luke hater. I would love it if he started hitting. As the pitching gets better, you gotta hit. Guys that make good contact don't walk as much. Luke swings and misses a ton. Pitchers generally need to throw 3 strikes to get him out. SEC pitchers will have no problem doing that. He just has not shown me that he can hit.

vCash
    I'm not a Luke hater. I would love it if he started hitting. As the pitching gets better, you gotta hit. Guys that make good contact don't walk as much. Luke swings and misses a ton. Pitchers generally need to throw 3 strikes to get him out. SEC pitchers will have no problem doing that. He just has not shown me that he can hit.
    I disagree with guys that make good contact don?t walk as much. The best hitters in the world usually have good walk rates to go with high slugging %

vCash
    I disagree with guys that make good contact don?t walk as much. The best hitters in the world usually have good walk rates to go with high slugging %
    We're not talking MLB, and we're not talking the best hitters in the world. We're talking hitters that are facing less than top shelf pitching. Which, in general, is what we've seen so far.

vCash
    We're not talking MLB, and we're not talking the best hitters in the world. We're talking hitters that are facing less than top shelf pitching. Which, in general, is what we've seen so far.
    Seth beer, JJ schwarz, India, cortez... all high walk, high slugging %

vCash
    Seth beer, JJ schwarz, India, cortez... all high walk, high slugging %
    Damn, dude. You're comparing Luke to those guys. Wtf?