Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 and 21 point losses to end regular season

vCash

22 and 21 point losses to end regular season

Way to finish strong, you bunch of quitters

Banned
    vCash
    I wish I knew what the 17 happened to this team to do what they did the last 2 games. 17ing amazing. I don't get it. hopefully somebody knows that can splain it.

vCash

vCash

the 5 future NBA players on this team were busy looking at their draft stock instead

Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I wish I knew what the 17 happened to this team to do what they did the last 2 games. 17ing amazing. I don't get it. hopefully somebody knows that can splain it.
    learning to shoot a basketball.

vCash
    I never agree with you, but props for bringing that up. Remember that thread here... 5 NBA guys? Lol

vCash
    UT just man handled us. Today is unexplainable tho. Not one player on our team had a good day. In fact, ALL had subpar games. Too much pressure? Makes no sense. How do we play that shitty on a day when we should be chomping at the bit to prove themselves. Just an embarrassing performance.

vCash
    The Tennessee loss was not only demoralizing. They made our players feel feminine after it. Today's game is a result of that sex change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The Tennessee loss was not only demoralizing. They made our players feel feminine after it. Today's game is a result of that sex change.
    I lol'ed

vCash
    We suck...that's all there is to it. Probably lose 1st round of NIT.

vCash
    I think we need to send the Ms. Dept. of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks to Starkville to test the men's basketball team. They appear to have all contracted Chronic Wasting Disease!

vCash
    We ran out of gas... we are just not a tough team.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    LOL

vCash
    I just hope people can now see that we dont have NBA players on the team. Do we have guys with NBA potential?...yes but not consistent enough talent. I will use me as an example, in the 7th grade I had a game where I made 8 3 point shots and beat a very solid team by myself basically but people started to damn near worship me (one coach told me I was the best shooter in the state) and I realized then that I had potential and quit working. The rest of my career was very hit and miss. Thats what this team reminds me of, Holman said it the other day in an interview. He basically said that they have recently started to get more shots in without coach telling them to. Isnt that what the hell youre supposed to do anyway? Especially if you think you have NBA potential, you either want it or you dont...Also our guys look like they do p90x and the other teams look like they actually have a real trainer and nutrition program. Sorry for the rant and comparing them to myself but I just havent bought into this team even when we got hot down the stretch and its because they just reminded me of well, myself and my wasted basketball potential

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well it answered a lot of my questions about this team. The season wasn't lost during these two games, but the early season Auburn and UM games combo with MO and Vandy really was the problem. That is 4 losses that hurt more than the last two.

Hope the guys can use this as a defining moment that will lead to more effort in the off season.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shortbabyimsohard... View Post
    I just hope people can now see that we dont have NBA players on the team. Do we have guys with NBA potential?...yes but not consistent enough talent. I will use me as an example, in the 7th grade I had a game where I made 8 3 point shots and beat a very solid team by myself basically but people started to damn near worship me (one coach told me I was the best shooter in the state) and I realized then that I had potential and quit working. The rest of my career was very hit and miss. Thats what this team reminds me of, Holman said it the other day in an interview. He basically said that they have recently started to get more shots in without coach telling them to. Isnt that what the hell youre supposed to do anyway? Especially if you think you have NBA potential, you either want it or you dont...Also our guys look like they do p90x and the other teams look like they actually have a real trainer and nutrition program. Sorry for the rant and comparing them to myself but I just havent bought into this team even when we got hot down the stretch and its because they just reminded me of well, myself and my wasted basketball potential
    Just shut up. We have three players on this team that will play in the NBA. Peters, Nick W, and Ado. Did we play worth a shit today? Nope. But those three players along with Perry next year will be in tha NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Way to finish strong, you bunch of quitters

I don't know if they are actually quitters? I don't think we have good ball movement most of the time, to set up an open shot, and there is too much trying to go one on one. We seem to let the shot clock almost expire before we shoot, or set up a play sometimes, or else shoot too early, and not set up a play. I think we also take too many contested 3's instead of settling for a higher percentage 2 point shot sometimes, or driving to the bucket. We don't have a 3 point bomber like Kassius Robertson of MO, for an example. Sometimes we look like a deer in the headlight on defense, and give up some easy buckets. IMO
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 03-03-2018 at 04:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I don't know if they are actually quitters? I don't think we have good ball movement most of the time, to set up an open shot, and there is too much trying to go one on one. We seem to let the shot clock almost expire before we shoot sometimes, or else shoot too early, and not set up a play. I think we also take too many contested 3's instead of settling for a higher percentage 2 point shot sometimes, or driving to the bucket. We don't have a 3 point bomber like Kassius Robertson of MO, for an example. Sometimes we look like a deer in the headlight on defense sometimes, and give up some easy buckets
    I did not get hot till I listened to radio. Richard said way much standing around, not playing hard, etc. Williams was not impressed with our effort today at all

vCash
    I did not get hot till I listened to radio. Richard said way much standing around, not playing hard, etc. Williams was not impressed with our effort today at all
    No shit. We aren’t that bad. We didn’t play at all today.

vCash

I didn't listen to the MSU radio broadcast. But if that is the case, then I don't know why Howland doesn't put that particular player on the bench and let them participate from the bench perspective. There still seems to maybe be some team chemistry issues, but I'm not sure what they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I didn't listen to the MSU radio broadcast. But if that is the case, then I don't know why Howland doesn't put that particular player on the bench and let them participate from the bench perspective. There still seems to maybe be some team chemistry issues, but I'm not sure what they are.
    Because we have to play players like Q, Holman, and Stapleton. Our bench forces us to. Next year if those three pull that shit Perry and Woodard will gladly eat up their minutes.