Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Hitting

Banned
    vCash

Kentucky Hitting

They are absolutely murdering the baseball tonight. Every time I've watched Kentucky under mingione they hit the ball so hard all the way thru the lineup. Even when. They aren't falling they are smashed. Meanwhile we got dinks and bloops if we are lucky. Mostly we just K. I am on the hire Nick wagon. I'd be satisfied with several guys but anyone who would be disappointed if we hired him have not watched his teams play the last two seasons.

vCash
    I like this camera angle. This makes ESPN3 look like a Bulgarian soccer telecast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    They are absolutely murdering the baseball tonight. Every time I've watched Kentucky under mingione they hit the ball so hard all the way thru the lineup. Even when. They aren't falling they are smashed. Meanwhile we got dinks and bloops if we are lucky. Mostly we just K. I am on the hire Nick wagon. I'd be satisfied with several guys but anyone who would be disappointed if we hired him have not watched his teams play the last two seasons.
    I love Ming but he’s got better players than we do. Most of which he did not recruit.

Saying that though, he’d be a great hire.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I love Ming but he’s got better players than we do. Most of which he did not recruit.

Saying that though, he’d be a great hire.
    Maybe he's developed them?

vCash
    Maybe he's developed them?
    Then why didn't we mash the ball like they do when he was here?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    We did at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    We mashed in 2016... his last season

vCash
    Was Mig the one who recruited the 9 midget all-bunt lineup or was that directed by Cohen?

vCash
    It never felt like Mingione was very liked by the fans when he was here. He was pretty hot-headed in those earlier seasons, and then he caught a lot of flack coaching 3rd base. That said, he would probably still be my top choice. Ideally, I would have liked to have seen at least 3 seasons of results and recruiting, but I've seen enough. He's still young, but nobody knows him better than Cohen.

I know he is originally from NY. Where is his wife from?

vCash
    We did at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We mashed in 2016... his last season
    Most of his time here was in the dead ball era too. I guess it's not fair to judge how those teams hit relative to now.

ETA: especially since Cohen went so far off the deep end recruiting around the dead balls.
    Last edited by WeWonItAll(Most); 03-02-2018 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    Y’all don’t have high standards.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    He was pretty hot-headed in those earlier seasons
    At least he was coaching with the right head

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Y’all don’t have high standards.
    Yea since McDonnell and Schlosnagle are anxiously awaiting to leave top 10 programs**

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    At least he was coaching with the right head
    Outstanding

vCash
    I heard from a reliable source we are swinging for the fences with the baseball hire. Mingione will be plan C or D if its true

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I heard from a reliable source we are swinging for the fences with the baseball hire. Mingione will be plan C or D if its true
    We can swing for all the fences we want but the only sure nuff big name hire we have any realistic shot at is Corbin and jay Johnson if you consider him a HR. I'd be very pleased with him but don't call that swinging for the fences. Like I said we can swing all we want for McDonnell, Schlosnagle, and The like but it ain't gonna happen. Tim tadlock would be a great hire to me but he's not a "swinging for fences" hire either.

Banned
    vCash
    I'd be very satisfied with any of the following and I think any of them would come... again the only top ten program coach I see us having any realistic shot at would be Corbin and I don't think it's a good chance at all that we could get him. I have no doubt he's #1 on the list and I'm sure Cohen is courting him heavy but after him it's one of these guys I listed below and that is perfectly fine. Make Corbin say no then go to these guys.

Tadlock
    Mingione
    Butch
    Jay Johnson

vCash
    I'd be very satisfied with any of the following and I think any of them would come... again the only top ten program coach I see us having any realistic shot at would be Corbin and I don't think it's a good chance at all that we could get him. I have no doubt he's #1 on the list and I'm sure Cohen is courting him heavy but after him it's one of these guys I listed below and that is perfectly fine. Make Corbin say no then go to these guys.

Tadlock
    Mingione
    Butch
    Jay Johnson
    Mike Fox was a name that was mentioned

Banned
    vCash
    Mike Fox was a name that was mentioned
    I'd def call that swinging for the fences. He is a top 10 coach for sure. First I've heard that name in connection with our search.

vCash
    We can swing for all the fences we want but the only sure nuff big name hire we have any realistic shot at is Corbin and jay Johnson if you consider him a HR. I'd be very pleased with him but don't call that swinging for the fences. Like I said we can swing all we want for McDonnell, Schlosnagle, and The like but it ain't gonna happen. Tim tadlock would be a great hire to me but he's not a "swinging for fences" hire either.
    Why would we have a realistic shot at Corbin but not McDonnell/Schlosnagle? Unless he's not making a lot of money, I would think he's in the best situation of all 3.