Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitting a few rows above the MSU dugout.......

Banned
    vCash

Sitting a few rows above the MSU dugout.......

....at the Shriner's Classic in Houston. We had the same dugout that KY was using. When MSU players were waiting for KY to clear out their gear, I saw Mingione talking to a lot of our players. Almost positive that I heard one of the Diamond Dogs tell him......"See you next fall"!!!....Mingione just laughed and had a good time with it. Don't think there was anything taken from that other than us just joking with him. Then again....you never know what Cohen may pull off. Something tells me, that Mingione would stay at KY since they were loyal to him in giving him a HC shot plus with a new stadium on the brink. I think the KY fans are a little nervous about the situation, especially after we took Cohen from them back in 2008. Mingione, will likely get a salary bump out of our coaching search, even if he doesn't come. Should be interesting!

vCash
    We are MissState....Henderson will be our coach next year.

Banned
    vCash
    I think that's disrespectful to Henderson , even if they were just joking. at the end of the day, I have confidence Cohen will make the right call despite the fact he missed on Cann not seeing his personal flaws.

vCash
    Y'all act like Cohen has this great baseball mind.... he won 45% of his SEC games at MSU.... he will pick someone that mirrors his philosophies, like bunting in the 2nd inning....HENDERSON fits his style, he's not going to take another chance on a young coach anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Y'all act like Cohen has this great baseball mind.... he won 45% of his SEC games at MSU.... he will pick someone that mirrors his philosophies, like bunting in the 2nd inning....HENDERSON fits his style, he's not going to take another chance on a young coach anytime soon.
    Are You saying Cohen doesn't know baseball? What was his record in the SEC after his first 2 years undoing the Polk II disaster.

Banned
    vCash
    Was Cann a 2nd inning bunter?

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I think that's disrespectful to Henderson , even if they were just joking. at the end of the day, I have confidence Cohen will make the right call despite the fact he missed on Cann not seeing his personal flaws.
    It's disrespectful to me that henderson sac bunted in the 2nd inning so we are even.
    Romans 5:8

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    It's disrespectful to me that henderson sac bunted in the 2nd inning so we are even.
    touche Preach. btw, was that our 4 hole hitter sac bunting in the 2nd? not a fan of sac bunting in the 2nd either btw.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    touche Preach. btw, was that our 4 hole hitter sac bunting in the 2nd? not a fan of sac bunting in the 2nd either btw.
    Yup!! Arguably our best hitter.
    Romans 5:8

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yup!! Arguably our best hitter.
    damn. wonder what Henderson's answer would be if you were to question that call.

vCash
    Stupid post. Put your money where you mouth is. Bet whatever you want. I'll take it. He won't be our coach.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 03-03-2018 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    Take the first 2 years out considering Polk left the cupboard bare. Bare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Are You saying Cohen doesn't know baseball? What was his record in the SEC after his first 2 years undoing the Polk II disaster.
    Throwing out his first two years, Cohen's average SECW finish was 3.6.....

vCash
    Do you ever have anything positive to say about MSU? If so, I must have missed it.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Throwing out his first two years, Cohen's average SECW finish was 3.6.....
    So, upper half of the division including our best finish in school history in Omaha, a SEC Championship, SEC Tournament Championship, and three SR's. Obviously he was terrible.**

vCash
    Maybe the players know that Henderson doesn't want to be a head coach?

Banned
    vCash
    Yeah.....Cohen only missed on his personal life.....not sure how anybody could have detected Cann's outcome. Guess maybe we need to start vetting coaches like a top secret clearance to work in the White House.

vCash
    Nobody could have predicted that Canny would pull such a boneheaded move. I mean we handed him the keys to Fort Knox. From an asst. coach to head coach of one of the top programs in the country, what kind of idiot would give that up? I guess we found out, but there was no way to know it going in.

vCash
    I've seen nothing from Henderson that tells me he wants to be a HC again. He just looks and sounds like a guy who wants to be around the game and is happy being in the background.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I've seen nothing from Henderson that tells me he wants to be a HC again. He just looks and sounds like a guy who wants to be around the game and is happy being in the background.
    That's the impression I get too.