Thread: Good opening win in Houston, TX.....

Banned
    vCash

Good opening win in Houston, TX.....

.....Wife and I walked a couple blocks to Minute Maid Park from our hotel, but the KY/Houston game went really long. So we went into a restaurant-bar across the street to get some dinner. Dang place was full of red clad Cajuns!! And boy were they in a rowdy mood. With a couple extra hours to game time, they were soaking up the booze so fast, they were soon cloning themselves into obnoxious LSU fan-like demeanor. There were about a 150 of them, and I saw maybe 2-3 MSU couples. Then at game time, they carried their rowdiness with them to the ballpark......what is it about wild Louisianan's and booze that just don't mix? Even saw one guy wearing LSU garb and pulling for the Rajun Cajuns to beat us. Good pitcher's dual for awhile and both teams tried to small ball their way to a win. They went up 1-0 and then we tied at it at 1-1. Both teams replaced their starting pitchers around the 7th inning or so with Pilkington being the more effective hurler IMO......he struck out a bunch and was really pumped as the Cajun fans continually mocked, jeered, and insulted him. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw him mouth back at them and spit in their direction when he made a big KO. We brought in Cole Gordon late and he pitched well too. Glad we did everything to win that one as I was already tired of their silly childish repetitive chants. None of the other schools had fans that acted that way. I forgot who.......but one of our players banged a double to the top of short left field wall. It appeared to me it hit above the high-up yellow stripe for a HR, but the ump ruled no and the ball bounced back into play for a double. Later in the 9th though.....Tanner Poole blasted a "No Doubter" almost up to the steam train engine way up high. It was an incredible shot.....as far as any Astro I have ever seen hit one. Now that and another run in the 9th quieted down the Rajun Cajun fans......you could now hear a pin drop in their sections. That was the way we need to win......great pitching, good eye at the plate, and a few timely hits when runners in scoring position. I think we only had one error also which was a plus. Not sure who we pitch tomorrow vs Houston, but I'm sure they will fare better against us than they did against KY. KY, IMO may be the team to beat in the SEC this year. They have it all.....pitching, hitting, defense, experience. Had Vandy not lost the first game to Sam Houston in extra innings, the SEC would have been 3-0 for the day. But as for the LSU fan I saw there pulling for the Cajuns, he could have cared less about conference loyalty.....he wanted us to lose! Period. Hope we can repay the favor to him later this year!! Go Dogs!

vCash
    You could tell on the stream that the crowd was small and rowdy.....

Huge win for our young dawgs.....I saw where the Rajun Cajuns where hitting like .167 so far.

Regardless, good to see Pilk have a strong outing

Banned
    vCash
    About 2 - 3,000 total in attendance. Yeah.....I noticed their lineup card had only 1 or 2 players above .300, then a severe dropoff for the rest around.200 or less. I felt good about the game, as long as we didn't go committing a bunch of errors.
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 03-03-2018 at 11:23 AM.

vCash
    Good write up Pit Bull, better than any bs from CL

vCash
    There were 2-3000 there? Could've fooled me. And yeah you could hear the coonasses, and thats were they are from, being drunk over the radio.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Their fans are front running shitbags. Some of the worst. They had a couple of good teams and now think they are Bama football.