Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: March is here Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: March is here Edition

Not sure of the plans this weekend but I?m expecting a light one. I have the annual rabbit supper Monday and that?s a fun deal. I checked the crappie/panfish this week and they were about 20 feet off the bank in 6-8 feet of water so we?re getting close to that being on.

vCash
    Grilled some shrimp, chicken & pineapple and crab boiled some red potatoes.

vCash
    Have spent too much time on car lots convincing my wife vans aren’t that bad

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Have spent too much time on car lots convincing my wife vans aren’t that bad
    that's supposed to be ass opposite Beast. epic fail on your part sir. it's evident who wears the pants. LOL. Vans are feminine, she just wants to see a little more masculinity out of you.

vCash
    Yeah...you got this backwards man....

vCash
    Lol she needs a van and I’m selling her on it. She doesn’t like 4Runners but the Highlanders aren’t big enough. If she buys a Highlander, trips will be brutal and another baby and we’re immediately back on the market. I’d say, “look at all this room you’ll have” and she’d shoot me those gth eyes.

We ended up grabbing some Newks. Shrimp salad and whoever made the remoulaude put waay too damn much horseradish but it was awesome because of it.

vCash
    I did a simple grilled monk tonight with a salad. Nice dinner.

For tomorrow, I've got a pork-butt marinating in my mojo sauce (tons of garlic, lemon and lime zest and juice, oregano, orange juice, and a bunch of cilantro. I'll slow braise it for about 5 or 6 hours tomorrow and serve it with black beans, slaw, and plantains.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I did a simple grilled monk tonight with a salad. Nice dinner.

For tomorrow, I've got a pork-butt marinating in my mojo sauce (tons of garlic, lemon and lime zest and juice, oregano, orange juice, and a bunch of cilantro. I'll slow braise it for about 5 or 6 hours tomorrow and serve it with black beans, slaw, and plantains.
    interesting combo there for the mojo sace there beard. ever heard of adding vinegar to the marinade when cooking pork? also, are there other names for "pork-butt" ? trying to figure that out. don't recall seeing that name when I browse thru the pork section of the grocery store.

I know it's not the healthiest but I like the "country style ribs". I do chop off as much of the fat as I can. I marinate with tony's, vinegar, garlic, low sodium soy sauce with honey,,,,....then I throw them in the crock pot with celery, granny smith apples and orange slices, onions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    interesting combo there for the mojo sace there beard. ever heard of adding vinegar to the marinade when cooking pork? also, are there other names for "pork-butt" ? trying to figure that out. don't recall seeing that name when I browse thru the pork section of the grocery store.

I know it's not the healthiest but I like the "country style ribs". I do chop off as much of the fat as I can. I marinate with tony's, vinegar, garlic, low sodium soy sauce with honey,,,,....then I throw them in the crock pot with celery, granny smith apples and orange slices, onions
    Yeah, I always add some cider vinegar if I'm smoking pork; I'll even baste the pork (or spray it with a spray bottle) with vinegar mixed with apple juice.

I use those "country style ribs" all the time, lol. Those are great for stews and/or a quick mid-week pulled pork. They've got great fat content. I especially like the varieties that have all the bones removed, so you're basically getting the rib meat, and you can cook it in one solid piece (almost like a pork belly cut).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Lol she needs a van and I’m selling her on it. She doesn’t like 4Runners but the Highlanders aren’t big enough. If she buys a Highlander, trips will be brutal and another baby and we’re immediately back on the market. I’d say, “look at all this room you’ll have” and she’d shoot me those gth eyes.

We ended up grabbing some Newks. Shrimp salad and whoever made the remoulaude put waay too damn much horseradish but it was awesome because of it.
    We don’t have any kids, but we both coach and haul teenagers everyone year round and we do it in a Highlander. It’s a lot bigger than you think. I wanted her to get a Sequoia but it was too much for her. I’ve never had anything but full size trucks, and I actually like the Highlander.

vCash
    We had no kids home from college, so we went and got 2 Ribeyes cut into 1" slabs. A little Dales and Worstershire spinkled as they cooked. The last 2 minutes, they were bathed in melted garlic butter on one side. Grilled veggies To finish the meal. Primo! We sat on the deck drank a bottle of Cab, and stared at the pool cover wishing for Summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    We don’t have any kids, but we both coach and haul teenagers everyone year round and we do it in a Highlander. It’s a lot bigger than you think. I wanted her to get a Sequoia but it was too much for her. I’ve never had anything but full size trucks, and I actually like the Highlander.
    We drove one yesterday. Really nice but my wife packs more for trips than should be legally allowed. It’s obscene. We need a trip vehicle.

We did Cracker Barrell for breakfast and were doing Applebee’s togo for dinner to wrap up a white trash food Sunday. That said, the quesadilla burger is chain restaurant culinary excellence.

vCash
    My wife made shrimp & grits tonight with the Mr B?s recipe....amazing.

vCash
    Rabbit Super was awesome as usual. My bil had too much fun and we had to pullover so he could puke twice. It’s that crazy