Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lunardi new update

vCash

Lunardi new update

Read this on sps from MSUDC11,

?We went from being the fourth team out to the fifth team out. Obviously a big missed opportunity for us last night, but we are still very much on the bubble and can play our way in without winning the SEC tourney if we beat the right people.?

Pretty surprising to me. Guess we should pulling for LSU tonight at South Carolina to make LSU road win look better.

vCash
    I been trying to tell people. Beat LSU and win a game in the SEC Tourney- we got a shot
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I been trying to tell people. Beat LSU and win a game in the SEC Tourney- we got a shot
    It's going to take more than just 1 unless we see Arizona and other FBI-investigated schools self-impose a ban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It's going to take more than just 1 unless we see Arizona and other FBI-investigated schools self-impose a ban.
    We really need to play someone like mizzou 1st round and auburn 2nd round. Win 2 games like that and LSU, who knows?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We really need to play someone like mizzou 1st round and auburn 2nd round. Win 2 games like that and LSU, who knows?
    We need to avoid an 8-9 seed and I can almost guarantee you that’s what we’re headed for if we make it.

vCash
    I think we will get Florida on Friday. I think we wind up finishing fifth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I think we will get Florida on Friday. I think we wind up finishing fifth.
    That will work. Obviously playing a tourney team first can lead to quick exit, but it can help us make it if we win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    We need to avoid an 8-9 seed and I can almost guarantee you that’s what we’re headed for if we make it.
    If we drew a 8 or 9 I would love to be paired with Kansas.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 02-28-2018 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Couldn't hurt. According to BartTorvik, our RPI would be ~52 with a win over LSU, SECT wins over Missouri and Auburn, and a loss to Florida (just picked a plausible team there). That gets us into the conversation at least, but I suspect we're still out.

There's a common mantra that teams can't really play themselves into the NCAAT in their conference tournaments, unless they get the autobid, because the Committee already has their minds made up by Thursday. I've never really analyzed that idea, but we were all super disappointed back in 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    If we drew a 8 or 9 I would love to be paired with Kansas.
    If we still get in somehow, we're going to be an 11 or 12 seed, nor an 8 or 9.

vCash
    Couldn't hurt. According to BartTorvik, our RPI would be ~52 with a win over LSU, SECT wins over Missouri and Auburn, and a loss to Florida (just picked a plausible team there). That gets us into the conversation at least, but I suspect we're still out.

There's a common mantra that teams can't really play themselves into the NCAAT in their conference tournaments, unless they get the autobid, because the Committee already has their minds made up by Thursday. I've never really analyzed that idea, but we were all super disappointed back in 2010.
    For reference, he estimates that we'd be at 41 if we also beat Florida and lose to Tennessee in the championship game, which should surely be enough unless the mantra is true. Winning the SECT would get our RPI to 33.

vCash
    It really looked like we packed it in for the season last nite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    It really looked like we packed it in for the season last nite.
    This is your take? Reallly? We haven’t packed it in.

vCash
    The thing is- I think we are last team in it or 1st or 2nd team out. I think Lunardi undervalues us a few spots
    Last edited by Coach34; 02-28-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Georgia may be about to knock us down a few spots. They win this and they have a chance to punch their ticket at tenn Saturday

vCash
    aTm win helps us imo

vCash
    Georgia just choked the game away.

vCash
    The ONLY way we get in now is to win Saturday and win the SEC tourney.
    Anything less and we are NIT bound.
    The 2 really bad road loses at the Kamodes and at Sand Minnows really hurt.
    It is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    The ONLY way we get in now is to win Saturday and win the SEC tourney.
    Anything less and we are NIT bound.
    The 2 really bad road loses at the Kamodes and at Sand Minnows really hurt.
    It is what it is.
    It really depends on who we play. If we get three Q1 wins and lose in the finals, we are in.

vCash
    Georgia may be about to knock us down a few spots. They win this and they have a chance to punch their ticket at tenn Saturday
    They aren’t beating Tennessee at Tennessee.