Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McNeese state baseball game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I hear Brant Blaylock is raking in Juco.
    Well, he k'd half his ab's here so....... that might tell you about juco, or he got way better over night. He has the other tools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Well, he k'd half his ab's here so....... that might tell you about juco, or he got way better over night. He has the other tools.
    Brent Rooker redshirted as a freshman and barely played until his redshirt sophomore year.

vCash
    Cannot get a big hit

vCash
    Jolly wasn't good. And leibelt was a scholarship guy. Right or wrong. But he has to be kept.
    People do not understand this point at all when they're wondering why some players are kept and others are not. It's why the NCAA rules are terrible- they not only barely give college baseball anything- but they also tell colleges how to spend what little they have. And if we cut a scholarship player we lose that scholarship money for the year. And correct me if I am wrong- I believe the NCAA will not allow a scholarship player to be cut based on performance in any sport. If I recall and am understanding correctly that was part of the reason why Alabama fired Greg Goff- he threatened to cut guys that were on scholarship for them in team meetings.

vCash
    I just found his stats. He's hitting .481, 6 HR's, 3 2B's and a triple in 8 games. .563 OBP. That's pretty good at any level.

vCash
    We suck at baseball.

vCash
    Also- we need to stop pitching Leibelt. He has gotten more chances than anyone it seems like so far this year and has not had a solid outing yet other than Jackson State.

Even though Preacher was wrong about who the pitcher actually was- he was right about who it should have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    People do not understand this point at all when they're wondering why some players are kept and others are not. It's why the NCAA rules are terrible- they not only barely give college baseball anything- but they also tell colleges how to spend what little they have. And if we cut a scholarship player we lose that scholarship money for the year. And correct me if I am wrong- I believe the NCAA will not allow a scholarship player to be cut based on performance in any sport. If I recall and am understanding correctly that was part of the reason why Alabama fired Greg Goff- he threatened to cut guys that were on scholarship for them in team meetings.
    You can cut em without announcing why. And you sure don't have to start them.

vCash
    Well we may end up with a 55 Million dollar stadium and a 55 cent team.

vCash
    At this point, I’m only comfortable thinking we win 6 or 7 SEC games this year. I think the 2015 team would sweep this team

vCash
    Dang, looking like no NCAA tournament play in basketball or baseball this year.

vCash
    I just found his stats. He's hitting .481, 6 HR's, 3 2B's and a triple in 8 games. .563 OBP. That's pretty good at any level.
    Name that player

.378 AVG 6 HR's 39 RBI's and could not find OBP but it was probably pretty good in JUCO.

Answer- Tanner Poole.

vCash
    Dang. Probably see him at om next season

vCash
    You can cut em without announcing why. And you sure don't have to start them.
    True- but the NCAA knows. That could cause MSU potential problems if we don't follow the rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Dang. Probably see him at om next season
    Already committed to USM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    At this point, I’m only comfortable thinking we win 6 or 7 SEC games this year. I think the 2015 team would sweep this team
    Maybe I'm just optimistic but I think we win a few more than that. But I think we miss because we play too many SWAC teams and we don't have enough opportunities to overcome it. Assuming we finish above .500. It's just a mess any way you cut it.

Banned
    vCash
    We could move Stovall to SS. I think both Tanner Allen and Rowdy can play 2B. That would open up an OF spot for Jordan Anderson.
    This

vCash
    Jolly wasn't good. And leibelt was a scholarship guy. Right or wrong. But he has to be kept.
    Not saying he was good, just saying if you don?t have quality you need quantity. He did have a couple good outings, like Gordon?s miracle 7 innings vs Florida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Already committed to USM.
    Oh good, he can abuse us next year instead of Luke Reynolds.

vCash
    KP, Small, and France will give us a chance. Then we can have James, Self, Blake Smith, Bill, and Gordon out of the pen. That's 8 good arms. Foscue just got another hit. That dude can rake.