Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting fact about tenn basketball team

vCash

Interesting fact about tenn basketball team

They have 1 4* on the whole team. His name is pons (freshman), and he scored 3 points in 11 mins. They have 0 commits this season; they return everyone but Daniel. A team of pretty much nothing but 3* could very well win the sec

vCash
    Yep one of the youngest teams in NCAA... You would think they were one of the oldest by their build.

vCash
    Barnes is a helluva coach and has won everywhere he has been.

vCash
    Tough physical and smart will win in any league, any sport.

See our football program

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They have 1 4* on the whole team. His name is pons (freshman), and he scored 3 points in 11 mins. They have 0 commits this season; they return everyone but Daniel. A team of pretty much nothing but 3* could very well win the sec
    Barnes was very smart about how he built the team. He went after tough overlooked players that all play hard. It's how I want the baseball team to be built not to thread hijack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Barnes was very smart about how he built the team. He went after tough overlooked players that all play hard. It's how I want the baseball team to be built not to thread hijack.
    I agree. I want ball players not pre madonnas

vCash
    They looked like grown men compared to us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    It's shocking the difference a real Strenght and Conditioning program can make in basketball.

vCash
    Yep and one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen in a long time in how they played defense. Williams is one of the dirtiest players I’ve seen in 10 years.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Yep and one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen in a long time in how they played defense. Williams is one of the dirtiest players I’ve seen in 10 years.
    We'll put Tsish on him some next year to even it out a little. Williams is dirty though, he stuck out his knee to hit Spoon in the thigh and he basically gave Ado a concussion. Dirty ass mother****er

vCash
    We'll put Tsish on him some next year to even it out a little. Williams is dirty though, he stuck out his knee to hit Spoon in the thigh and he basically gave Ado a concussion. Dirty ass mother****er
    He wasn’t aiming for Nick’s thigh and he did end up racking him which is why Nick went down and was Williams’ intent.

vCash
    UT look like Tarzan, play like Tarzan...... MSU look like Jane, play like Jane...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    UT look like Tarzan, play like Tarzan...... MSU look like Jane, play like Jane...
    Could not have been said better... to the point and easy to understand.

vCash
    In all honesty, that’s not how I would build my team. The refs basically gave Schofield MJ type calls. They aren’t getting those calls in the NCAA tournament and may not get those calls next week in the SEC tournament. South Carolina isn’t that much different then Tennessee. The difference last night is that South Carolina was whistled for foul calls while Tennessee was alllowed to hand check and set moving screens. Very similar teams and similar talent levels.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    In all honesty, that’s not how I would build my team. The refs basically gave Schofield MJ type calls. They aren’t getting those calls in the NCAA tournament and may not get those calls next week in the SEC tournament. South Carolina isn’t that much different then Tennessee. The difference last night is that South Carolina was whistled for foul calls while Tennessee was alllowed to hand check and set moving screens. Very similar teams and similar talent levels.
    They're really not similar. TN shoots much better & is a much more efficient team. TN showed why they're a top 15-20 team last night & we showed we're trying to become 1 but not quite there yet. We're getting there & no doubt we will get there but there was a clear difference last night.

vCash
    Tennessee demonstrated perfectly what I was saying earlier this season when everyone was saying our offense sucked. Their perimeter passing and entry passes where dang near perfect. They got the ball to Schofield when he was in perfect position and he rotated to the basket before we could collapse another defender on him. When we did get a double on him, he found the open man and they got easy shots. The spacing and timing was poetry in motion.

As much as that loss hurt, we saw some of the best played basketball from Tennessee I have seen from anyone this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Tennessee demonstrated perfectly what I was saying earlier this season when everyone was saying our offense sucked. Their perimeter passing and entry passes where dang near perfect. They got the ball to Schofield when he was in perfect position and he rotated to the basket before we could collapse another defender on him. When we did get a double on him, he found the open man and they got easy shots. The spacing and timing was poetry in motion.

As much as that loss hurt, we saw some of the best played basketball from Tennessee I have seen from anyone this year.
    You just described an offense that took advantage of rolling/moving screens with Schofield getting MJ type calls. The refs had a lot to do with how great their offense looked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    Not to me.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    You just described an offense that took advantage of rolling/moving screens with Schofield getting MJ type calls. The refs had a lot to do with how great their offense looked.
    No they're offense was just that efficient. They had a very good game plan & executed well. Took good shots, took care of the ball, cut & posted up with a purpose, & crashed the glass. The refs didn't do that TN did.

vCash
    The closer to tournament time, the refs are going to let more physical play go... they are still going to call the reach in fouls and the hand checks out in the open.. that's why you see all of the ticky tack stuff get called early in the season...