Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Athletic facility projects

vCash

Athletic facility projects

A few days ago, somebody posted an article about with quotations by Cohen about facility projects at MSU. I think it was from the Tupelo newspaper.

In addition to baseball, he mentioned new dressing rooms for football in the NW corner of the stadium. Anbody know if this is ongoing, or just in the planning stages. I know there's a tunnel there (probalby can't see if if you sit on the west side) but not sure what's beyond the tunnel. Once they complete this project, what would the Seal building be used for?

He also mentioned refurbishment/updating the Hump ... any idea what the plans are?

vCash
    They are going to refurbish the Seal Building also. I heard it was going to be gutted and completely overhauled. Not sure of the accuracy but it came from a former player who is a member of the club.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    They are going to refurbish the Seal Building also. I heard it was going to be gutted and completely overhauled. Not sure of the accuracy but it came from a former player who is a member of the club.
    M-Club or new Seal Building?

http://www.djournal.com/sports/msu-s...e81526b0e.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Former players normally don’t know much.

Wouldn’t make much sense to spend a ton of money on the Seal Club since the actual goal is to close in the stadium in some capacity over the next 5 or so years.

vCash
    Close in the stadium within 5 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Close in the stadium within 5 years?
    we don't need to add anymore seats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    we don't need to add anymore seats
    It?s the suites that are needed. If we expand DWS again, you will see the lower bowl go all chairbacks to even out expansion - I would bet our market studies tell us our sweet spot on capacity is about 68-70k, going chairback would about do that.

vCash
    If they just went straight up with a wall of suites/boxes on M Club side that would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It?s the suites that are needed. If we expand DWS again, you will see the lower bowl go all chairbacks to even out expansion - I would bet our market studies tell us our sweet spot on capacity is about 68-70k, going chairback would about do that.

vCash
    Bowl it in... move dressing room to Northwest corner.. south end zone lofts or hotel...recruiting/convention center, lower level chairbacks/loge....implode Dorman and build parking garage/transportation shuttle hub...upgrade west side press box and add Suites ... 100% chairbacks lower level...free wifi in all areas of stadium... upgrade concessions and restroom facilities...

vCash
    Lets clean up the East side first.

vCash
    States locker room will now be under the north end zone starting in 2018. The current visitors locker room will be converted into the recruiting lounge. The visitors will move to states current locker room.

vCash
    And they are also renovating the east club level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    States locker room will now be under the north end zone starting in 2018. The current visitors locker room will be converted into the recruiting lounge. The visitors will move to states current locker room.
    Is putting the visitors in our current locker room a permanent thing? I think they should just leave it as is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Bowl it in... move dressing room to Northwest corner.. south end zone lofts or hotel...recruiting/convention center, lower level chairbacks/loge....implode Dorman and build parking garage/transportation shuttle hub...upgrade west side press box and add Suites ... 100% chairbacks lower level...free wifi in all areas of stadium... upgrade concessions and restroom facilities...
    Hey I took Plant Science from No-till Merwine in Dorman 45 years ago. It's sacred*****

vCash
    And they are also renovating the east club level.
    Yeah, and I'm not sure what they're doing. I've been there since it opened and don't see any improvements that need to be made. I think they could spend that money better elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Hey I took Plant Science from No-till Merwine in Dorman 45 years ago. It's sacred*****
    I've never really understood the dislike for Dorman. Way back when, around 2000 and before, we tailgated in Lot 11, which is just outside and across Lee Drive from the south end zone (what is now The Junction). Dorman had the nearest restrooms and served us well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Is putting the visitors in our current locker room a permanent thing? I think they should just leave it as is.
    Yes it is permanent. The team will enter thru the gridiron club like the cowboys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yeah, and I'm not sure what they're doing. I've been there since it opened and don't see any improvements that need to be made. I think they could spend that money better elsewhere.
    I think the biggest thing is making pouring rooms like the scoreboard club.

Banned
    vCash
    I would vote to have the stadium bowled in.

vCash
    I think the biggest thing is making pouring rooms like the scoreboard club.
    What is a "pouring room"? A place to mix illegal-on-campus alcoholic drinks?