Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why was Ado held out?

vCash

Why was Ado held out?

I don't follow our basketball program as closely as our football or baseball programs. I know Ado was held out. I thought it was confirming a qualifying ACT score or transfer classes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    I don't follow our basketball program as closely as our football or baseball programs. I know Ado was held out. I thought it was confirming a qualifying ACT score or transfer classes?
    As far as I have read grade or class inconsistencies from his home country caused concerns by the NCAA clearing house.

vCash
    And hey I played basketball in Itta Bena's old gym in jr. hi at Riverside.

vCash
    academically ineligible due to transcript issues since he transferred from Nigeria to the States despite the fact that he had the highest GPA on the team. I think he had a 4.0 at the time of the appeal. That's the NCAA for you..no common sense. Ado is probably in the top 5% academically, yet the NCAA made him sit out a year for academics.

Banned
    vCash
    NCAA always rules players coming from Nigeria ineligible at first. It's blatant racism on their part. Nothing can be done about it though apparently.

vCash
    Maybe somebody at the NCAA fell for that Nigerian Prince Scam. ****

vCash
    Mark my word the NCAA's days are numbered!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    you may be right. College sports cant continue on the way they are currently
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    academically ineligible due to transcript issues since he transferred from Nigeria to the States despite the fact that he had the highest GPA on the team. I think he had a 4.0 at the time of the appeal. That's the NCAA for you..no common sense. Ado is probably in the top 5% academically, yet the NCAA made him sit out a year for academics.
    so that 4.0 was from his Nigerian transcripts? and the NCAA was reluctant to deem them sufficient? guy seems very intelligent. I enjoyed that interview with that lady showing off his soccer skills. I'd be willing to bet he's killing it in the classroom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    I hope so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    so that 4.0 was from his Nigerian transcripts? and the NCAA was reluctant to deem them sufficient? guy seems very intelligent. I enjoyed that interview with that lady showing off his soccer skills. I'd be willing to bet he's killing it in the classroom.
    The 4.0 was from his first semester at MSU. The NCAA declared him ineligible for the entire season AFTER he had turned in a 4.0 1st semester.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The 4.0 was from his first semester at MSU. The NCAA declared him ineligible for the entire season AFTER he had turned in a 4.0 1st semester.
    You're shitting me. No 17ing way. when did he actually come to the U.S.? anybody know?

vCash
    You're shitting me. No 17ing way. when did he actually come to the U.S.? anybody know?
    He did at least 1 year of high school ball Tx I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    NCAA always rules players coming from Nigeria ineligible at first. It's blatant racism on their part. Nothing can be done about it though apparently.
    I'm not sure why that would be racism since virtually all the college basketball players are black, and they don't get automatically ruled ineligible. It would be more of an "America First" bias if anything. Maybe the Nigerian schools are subpar? I have no idea. But he seems to be pretty sharp, based on the interview they had with him a few days ago (when he played soccer with Brooke W.).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    What'd they expect? A 5.0? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    He did at least 1 year of high school ball Tx I think.
    Tennessee...graduated with honors.

vCash
    That's what happened. I belive the thing the NCAA didn't like was his 9th grade transcript from Nigeria. No joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Tennessee...graduated with honors.
    Chattanooga area, I think it was

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I'm not sure why that would be racism since virtually all the college basketball players are black, and they don't get automatically ruled ineligible. It would be more of an "America First" bias if anything. Maybe the Nigerian schools are subpar? I have no idea. But he seems to be pretty sharp, based on the interview they had with him a few days ago (when he played soccer with Brooke W.).
    Alright they just hate Africa I guess

vCash
    The only reason I asked is that earlier today, I was finishing some paperwork up in my office and half listening to the noon show on 105.9 out of Jackson. The host had on Barrett Sallee and Barrett was asked about the FBI/college basketball situation and how this will effect tournament and the schools that are involved. Barrett said something like he's not sure what's going to happen but you've got schools like Michigan State, Arizona and Mississippi State that are playing their guys.

17 that prick.....throwing our name out there like we're one of the teams involved. That MF'er will say anything to make us look bad.