Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sunday baseball game thread

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Damn it! 3 run homer given up by Neff and my confidence in Henderson just went down. Anyone could see that coming.
    THIS^^^

vCash
    If this is the best we can put on the mound on Sundays, we are in trouble

But only scoring 3 against TAMCC also sucks

vCash
    Mangum starting to get back in the hitting groove....

vCash
    I wanted neff pulled too, but I wonder how much this 14 games in 19 day stretch we in factored into stretching neff. Also, bout half our staff it seems is injured or coming off injury... probably tough to manage innings in this crazy stretch of games pretty much every day

vCash
    It looks like Stovall would take a pitch every once in a while...

vCash
    No offense but we just fired our coach Monday and have an interim one. This season to me is not too dissimilar to Ole Miss’ 2017 football season only the interim coach we have has great head coaching experience. I’m not really going to get my hopes up or down too much in the daily minutia of each game this season. If we do well, great. If not, well we will hire the best coach to lead us into the future and beyond with the best stadium and fans in college baseball. The future is bright but this season I’m not really expecting much...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    No offense but we just fired our coach Monday and have an interim one. This season to me is not too dissimilar to Ole Miss’ 2017 football season only the interim coach we have has great head coaching experience. I’m not really going to get my hopes up or down too much in the daily minutia of each game this season. If we do well, great. If not, well we will hire the best coach to lead us into the future and beyond with the best stadium and fans in college baseball. The future is bright but this season I’m not really expecting much...
    This is where I am right now.

At least we didn't try to cover up the crap our former coach was doing for awhile until a lawyer threatened to burn our program to the ground though. Unlike Ole Miss.

vCash
    Our pitching staff should be very good by year's end. There is always some adjustment and growth early on. Same with our line-up.

No need to freak out early on and let this team become what it is by the end of March
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wanted neff pulled too, but I wonder how much this 14 games in 19 day stretch we in factored into stretching neff. Also, bout half our staff it seems is injured or coming off injury... probably tough to manage innings in this crazy stretch of games pretty much every day
    Riley Self has barely pitched and could have been brought in. We also didn't need to stretch Keegan James on Wednesday against JSU with a huge lead. I thought that might come back to haunt us on Sunday.

vCash
    Riley Self has barely pitched and could have been brought in. We also didn't need to stretch Keegan James on Wednesday against JSU with a huge lead. I thought that might come back to haunt us on Sunday.
    Eh, I do not like using self while losing. Rather have him for tomorrow

vCash
    It's still early, but I am concerned about us scoring runs against good pitching.

Our season hinges on Pilk, Small, Macnamee, and Vansau being consistent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    It's still early, but I am concerned about us scoring runs against good pitching.

Our season hinges on Pilk, Small, Macnamee, and Vansau being consistent.
    Yes, Vansau and MacNamee need to produce.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Last year we were 12-10 overall and 0-3 in the SEC on March 21. Fix a drink, have a swig, enjoy the rest of basketball season. Once its over, then you can freak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Eh, I do not like using self while losing. Rather have him for tomorrow
    I would rather the score be 4-3. We play Rio Grande tomorrow. That would have been a good game for Neff.

vCash
    I would rather the score be 4-3. We play Rio Grande tomorrow. That would have been a good game for Neff.
    That?s a pretty good point about letting neff pitch tomorrow

Banned
    vCash
    Don't give up on Billingsley yet cause of one off start, he was great in the regional for us last year when we absolutely had to have it. France has pitched once and y'all want to yank JB out of the rotation for him.

vCash
    This ump is total bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Don't give up on Billingsley yet cause of one off start, he was great in the regional for us last year when we absolutely had to have it. France has pitched once and y'all want to yank JB out of the rotation for him.
    It is what happens around here from all of us sometimes. 80% of the basketball season, everyone has wanted Eli Wright gone or benched completely. Now we see threads hoping he stays bc he has great potential lol

vCash
    Then of course LA swings at one in the dirt....

vCash
    Self had shoulder surgery recently in the offseason and many thought he would not even be available until SEC play. We're not going to stretch him out against Texas A&M Corpus Christi of America University.

We just need to accept the fact that this year is going to be completely jacked up like last year with the head coaching change and massive amount of pitching injuries- and maybe even moreso with an interim coach and a heavy road schedule. We may be OK like last year and we could also just as likely have a losing season. It is what it is.

We have another tough tournament next weekend- tougher than this one and then we finally go home and play a Utah Valley team we will probably take 2 of 3 from if not sweep. Actually our OOC schedule lightens up a LOT after next weekend. Our toughest opponent is going to be Ole Miss followed by SELU and Memphis. It's mostly SWAC teams and New Mexico State and then the Utah Valley team I talked about. I'm guessing we win somewhere between 9-12 SEC games this year probably and end up with around 30 wins and at home this year taking everything into consideration.

Oh- and whoever the genius was who made our schedule needs to hook up with <redacted at Florida> too since they came up with the brilliant idea to play a game on a Monday putting us at a pretty significant pitching disadvantage today and tomorrow.