Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Athletic facility projects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    States locker room will now be under the north end zone starting in 2018. The current visitors locker room will be converted into the recruiting lounge. The visitors will move to states current locker room.
    What happens to the wooden carved lockers in the current locker room ( may be long gone or need replacement now)? My family donated one in my late Father's name when they were originally placed there. His was in the asst coaches' dressing room. Are they still in use? Haven't been to an open house in the home locker room in many years. Really interested in knowing if they are still in use????

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What is a "pouring room"? A place to mix illegal-on-campus alcoholic drinks?
    I want to know what a pouring room is too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    we don't need to add anymore seats
    Who said it had to be seats?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Who said it had to be seats?
    It would be nice from a noise standpoint. There should be some sort of acoustic study to determine the best shape to direct the crowd noise onto the field. It'd probably be some sort of parabola with those sitting near the top literally hanging by a thread.

Having all chairbacks might reduce the demand for certain premium areas, like the club levels. I suspect there are quite a few that don't care all that much about the club amenities, but like the comfortable seats enough to pay the premium. Having all chairbacks would certainly look a lot better though.

vCash
    I've never really understood the dislike for Dorman. Way back when, around 2000 and before, we tailgated in Lot 11, which is just outside and across Lee Drive from the south end zone (what is now The Junction). Dorman had the nearest restrooms and served us well.
    It?s brick makes it look like a 1970?s design and just doesn?t mesh with the more traditional designs. I think it just needs an exterior renovation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    It?s brick makes it look like a 1970?s design and just doesn?t mesh with the more traditional designs. I think it just needs an exterior renovation.
    Well, that's certainly true and should be possible for not a lot of money.

They'd have to do something with the Alumni Center too ... that place looks terrible.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well they need to combo a new MClub building with a new Dorman. Like always, hire a local architect.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Hey I took Plant Science from No-till Merwine in Dorman 45 years ago. It's sacred*****
    Me too but not that many years.... Only 20 yr ago

vCash
    A few days ago, somebody posted an article about with quotations by Cohen about facility projects at MSU. I think it was from the Tupelo newspaper.

In addition to baseball, he mentioned new dressing rooms for football in the NW corner of the stadium. Anbody know if this is ongoing, or just in the planning stages. I know there's a tunnel there (probalby can't see if if you sit on the west side) but not sure what's beyond the tunnel. Once they complete this project, what would the Seal building be used for?

He also mentioned refurbishment/updating the Hump ... any idea what the plans are?
    We should replace the Seal Building with a much larger building with apartments (or a hotel) like the new Left Field Lofts. If they looked out over the field and The Junction, they would command some premium prices! I believe we have talked about something like that in the past and I believe OM has, too. Now that we are trying it out with the Left Field Lofts, we will have a better idea how put it in Davis Wade.

Of course, we would need to plan it so we could still someday be able to add additional seating in the South Endzone, at least a lower level. I don't think a South Endzone hotel would constrain our future expansions too much because we would still have the ability to finish the upper decks all the way around on the North End. That plus a South Endzone lower level should be more seating than we would need for decades.
    Last edited by MedDawg; 02-26-2018 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I want to know what a pouring room is too
    I am guessing it is referring to the end zone "locker room" that has an island with a sink in the middle of it. People that rent the seats have a locker that they can put anything they want into it on Friday before the game. You can then go in and pour whatever is in your locker into a cup. The only rule is no soft sided coolers I think since they might leak. I have used my friend's ticket a couple of times and he usually has a bottle of Jack or whatever and the drink machine is directly beside the doorway into the locker room.

vCash
    Did they put in a new sound system in Davis Wade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    Yes it is permanent. The team will enter thru the gridiron club like the cowboys.
    Haven't heard this about the players entering DWS through the Gridiron Club... is that gonna really happen? Would be awesome if true.

vCash
    It cracks me up how many of you go after Dorman without realizing how many research labs are in that building.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I think it just needs an exterior renovation.
    Wrong. The whole building needs to be renovated all the way through. Inside and out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    It cracks me up how many of you go after Dorman without realizing how many research labs are in that building.
    Research labs on the inside don't keep it from looking like trash on the outside

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Research labs on the inside don't keep it from looking like trash on the outside
    Agreed but gotta have the money and space to replace those labs in the ugly building before you can just knock it down
    LFC YNWA

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Or build a new one somewhere else, demo Dorman and build new classroom building that is more of an appropriate backdrop to our stadium.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Or build a new one somewhere else, demo Dorman and build new classroom building that is more of an appropriate backdrop to our stadium.
    Ok, again money.. and now you've added on the new responsibility of coming up with parking for it.. it just isn't as simple as some of you guys want to believe.. I agree that the building needs to be replaced, but I also know that it probably isn't happening anytime soon.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Update The Leo Seal building, bowl in the South end, new entrance / exits to the campus for better traffic flow, let the electronic ribbon stretch the entire length of the upper deck, and put a parking garage somewhere (not a parking lot) to facilitate more people. That's my wish list.

As for the ribbon, keep a section of live game stats during the game up at all times. Don't have them run in conjunction with the Scores.

vCash
    I think a good spot for parking garage could be put at the corner of bully Blvd and stone Blvd