Thread: 4 teams fighting for 2 double bye spots

Banned
    vCash

4 teams fighting for 2 double bye spots

If we can win our next two games we will get a double bye in the SECT because we hold the tiebreaker over Arkansas for beating them and they lost to both Fla and UK just like us so even if 3 teams are tied at 11-7 we still hold the tiebreaker over Arkansas. Win the next two and we get a double bye. We can potentially still get the #3 seed as well if the winner of Fla/UK losses their other game and we can get the #2 seed if Tenn. loses to us and UGA and UK/Fla winner losses their other game. Basically if we win our next two games the worst we'll finish is the 4th seed which is a double bye and I would think is enough to get us into the tournament but if we also win the first game in the SECT it's a lock.

MSU: games with Tennessee, @LSU

Florida: games @Bama, UK

Kentucky: games OM, @Fla

Arkansas: games Auburn, @Mizzou

Tennessee: games @MSU, UGA

vCash
    Good stuff.

I think it is also possible to split, finish 10-8, and still get the 4 seed. Know that does not guarantee a ncaa birth, but Just a thought.

But if we win the next two, I think we are in the NCAA tourney. Just win baby. The rest will take care of itself.

vCash
    Good info, 61.

Hot damn it feels good to give a 17 again, lol.

vCash
    Games tonight in the conference did not help us. RPI dropped to 63 after the Missouri loss. Florida leap frogged us after beating Auburn as well.

We do need to win out and that should get us in. Should get us an RPI under 55 and a double bye. 11-7 in this league should get you in. Still wish we had one more win though. But I think the next 2 do it.

vCash
    This never gets old to me. Of course I wish we were a lock, but I enjoy reading these scenarios.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I think it is also possible to split, finish 10-8, and still get the 4 seed.
    Very doubtful as that would put Bama, Missouri and the loser of UK/Fla back in the mix for that 4th spot too

vCash
    How bout we win out and UT loses out and we are both 11-7 and we get the 2 seed? Hmmm. Since we are talking scenarios

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    How bout we win out and UT loses out and we are both 11-7 and we get the 2 seed? Hmmm. Since we are talking scenarios
    Yes covered it and we'd also need the UK/Fla winner to lose their other game but it'd sure be sweet to get the 2 seed. Honestly I think the only team I do not want to play in the SECT is Kentucky. They still are very long and are playing their best basketball right now. Plus idc what anyone says there is an intimidation factor anytime we play Kentucky in front of all those fans. Of course that can also motivate us extra but I'd rather just avoid them till the SECT championship game.