Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Leave Q on the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Too slow lazy and confident
    Did you make this post with your right hand while doing one handed push ups with your left hand? I'm pretty sure you did, and I am impressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    His boneheaded plays definitely had us in a tight spot. His turnovers led to at least 6-8 USC points but his strips, rebounds and FTs at the end were critical.

He has lazy streaks and makes mistakes but he is a key part of this team. When he?s on we don?t lose, when he?s off like today we are now still winning. The true difference is we now have other guys who step up whenQ is off.
    This is correct

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is one of my favorite posts ever.
    Why? He didn't say "What did you say?" He said "You were saying" Therefore the response
    I was saying post less. Did you not see it the first time?
    didn't make sense.
    No Signature

vCash
    I love how so many of you are blasting the guy for his post. I mean, did you not watch the game? And the games before? Yes, Q has done a lot for our team in the past. There may be times this season that he has done things that won us a game. But this isn't Mullen style of coaching here. We don't start players because of what they did for us last year or because they are older. If you took our players who are getting minutes and Joe Lunardi seeded them 1 to 7, then there would be 6 players with arrows facing up next to them and then there'd be Q seeded at 5 with his arrow pointing down. You can't deny that he is getting more and more lost each and every game as this team continues to get better around him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Why? He didn't say "What did you say?" He said "You were saying" Therefore the response didn't make sense.
    Yes, it did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    I love how so many of you are blasting the guy for his post. I mean, did you not watch the game? And the games before? Yes, Q has done a lot for our team in the past. There may be times this season that he has done things that won us a game. But this isn't Mullen style of coaching here. We don't start players because of what they did for us last year or because they are older. If you took our players who are getting minutes and Joe Lunardi seeded them 1 to 7, then there would be 6 players with arrows facing up next to them and then there'd be Q seeded at 5 with his arrow pointing down. You can't deny that he is getting more and more lost each and every game as this team continues to get better around him.
    Last 10 games:
    15.2 PPG
    48% FG
    33% 3 (was 36% in that stretch before the 0-3 of the last 2)
    6.5 RPG
    3.1 APG
    1.6 SPG
    2.3 TO/G

Outside of FG% and assists (both slight dips), those are all better than his season averages.

Last 3: 15.3 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, 1.7 SPG.

So.....huh?

vCash
    Some of you need to stop with the "we have the worst fans" bullshit. It's sports and people discuss what is going on- good and bad. Fanbases such as OM, LSU, and Bama when things are going bad are absolutely abysmal.

Pretty much nobody agrees with the original post that Q needs to sit and someone else start. But it wouldnt hurt us and likely helps a good deal if we would cut his minutes some to get Wright a few more. It might help with Q being so dead-legged at the end of some games. He played 38 minutes vs SC- thats too many. Q has a good shot and rebounds. He does some really good things on the floor. But he does some stupid shit and is not a very good on-ball defender. He has average footspeed and thats why he has to play the 3 instead of being a 2.

At the end of the day- its sports and we are here to discuss them. That's what fans do. Pumping sunshine all the time is stupid. Be real and discuss what is going on. These guys get all the perks of a free education, free clothes, food, notoriety, and TV time. They can handle some criticism.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes, it did.
    No actually it didn't but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Some of you need to stop with the "we have the worst fans" bullshit. It's sports and people discuss what is going on- good and bad. Fanbases such as OM, LSU, and Bama when things are going bad are absolutely abysmal.

Pretty much nobody agrees with the original post that Q needs to sit and someone else start. But it wouldnt hurt us and likely helps a good deal if we would cut his minutes some to get Wright a few more. It might help with Q being so dead-legged at the end of some games. He played 38 minutes vs SC- thats too many. Q has a good shot and rebounds. He does some really good things on the floor. But he does some stupid shit and is not a very good on-ball defender. He has average footspeed and thats why he has to play the 3 instead of being a 2.

At the end of the day- its sports and we are here to discuss them. That's what fans do. Pumping sunshine all the time is stupid. Be real and discuss what is going on. These guys get all the perks of a free education, free clothes, food, notoriety, and TV time. They can handle some criticism.
    Hell 34, we have a whole bunch of great fans. We also have folks that have too bitch. HAIL STATE!

vCash
    Last 10 games:
    15.2 PPG
    48% FG
    33% 3 (was 36% in that stretch before the 0-3 of the last 2)
    6.5 RPG
    3.1 APG
    1.6 SPG
    2.3 TO/G

Outside of FG% and assists (both slight dips), those are all better than his season averages.

Last 3: 15.3 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, 1.7 SPG.

So.....huh?

6 turnovers his last game. 8 in his last 2 games. Had 2 very crucial turnovers in the last minute+ of regulation of SC game. Very slow on defense to the point that he's a liability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    No actually it didn't but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
    No, he didn't ask for clarification. He was trying to throw his own words back in his face somehow. Which is why the response was so perfect.

vCash
    6 turnovers his last game. 8 in his last 2 games. Had 2 very crucial turnovers in the last minute+ of regulation of SC game. Very slow on defense to the point that he's a liability.
    So his turnovers were an issue against SC. That's far different than 'he is getting more and more lost each and every game.' Especially since, even with the 6 turnovers against SC, his TO average over his last 10 is still slightly below his season average. So he's actually been much better on turnovers recently and had a bad game in that regard against SC. That's it.

vCash
    So his turnovers were an issue against SC. That's far different than 'he is getting more and more lost each and every game.' Especially since, even with the 6 turnovers against SC, his TO average over his last 10 is still slightly below his season average. So he's actually been much better on turnovers recently and had a bad game in that regard against SC. That's it.
    You need to watch him play. And I'm not talking just about his last game. Watch the last few. He is showing signs of frustration and confusion on both ends of the floor. He's passing on open shots. He doesn't seem to have much confidence in his shot lately. Most of his points seem to be from free throws. We can go back and forth on this all day. I'm not saying he needs to be benched and not play, but he currently is the 5th guy in the rotation to me. I would share his minutes. Have him getting 30-32 max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

But things are not going bad. They are going better than at any point in 8 years. Post deserved to be called out. Keep the over emotional stupid stuff in the game thread.

Sure, all fan bases bitch when things are going bad. But you have to admit we are pessimistic and have a ?woe is me? attitude. It is the msu way.

vCash
    HAIL STATE!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    But things are not going bad. They are going better than at any point in 8 years. Post deserved to be called out. Keep the over emotional stupid stuff in the game thread.

Sure, all fan bases bitch when things are going bad. But you have to admit we are pessimistic and have a ?woe is me? attitude. It is the msu way.
    I agree it was a bad post and deserved to be called out. But this "we have the worst fans" crap is just bs. You have message boards to argue and inform about sports- thats why they were invented.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You need to watch him play. And I'm not talking just about his last game. Watch the last few. He is showing signs of frustration and confusion on both ends of the floor. He's passing on open shots. He doesn't seem to have much confidence in his shot lately. Most of his points seem to be from free throws. We can go back and forth on this all day. I'm not saying he needs to be benched and not play, but he currently is the 5th guy in the rotation to me. I would share his minutes. Have him getting 30-32 max.
    I think he makes up for his short comings with experience that they need on the floor. We have two true Freshman starting.

vCash
    30-32 is what he gets. Remember sat game went to OT.

vCash
    Thank goodness you have nothing to do with Q minutes. Damn, you wonder why Ben can't see all the Q faults. What the Hell is wrong with Q getting to the free throw line. It is pretty clear to Me that our coaching staff doesn't feel Q is the 5th guy, but hey wtf do they know? I'm pretty sure Ben has told Q to try and drive the ball and get to the free throw line. And I wonder how he manages to get his rebounds since he is confused and frustrated .
    Last edited by tcdog70; 02-26-2018 at 11:02 PM.