Thread: Olympics......

vCash

Olympics......

I normally can't get enough of the Winter Olympics, this time I have barely watched. I endured NBC's crappy commenters and coverage to watch my favorite event, the Men's Downhill very early on. The political crap in addition to what I already mentioned turned me off and I've not watched much since. There isn't much else on late tonight so I tried again. No actual sports coverage when I tuned in, but a politically charged piece on the SUMMER Olympics of '68 in Mexico City was airing. ENOUGH! I don't watch sports to hear about politics. I enjoy sports to ESCAPE that crap. NBC has ruined something I truely enjoyed with their crappy commenters and relentless political crap. I hate that network, that includes you too now WTVA.

Banned
    vCash
    Women's hockey vs Canada last night was awesome, it was on NBCSN till like 2 in the morning, went to shootout. USA won the gold. Phenomenal tv.

Banned
    vCash
    Watch this Liverpool. One of the best things I've ever seen in any Olympics.

https://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ev...deckas-victory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Women's hockey vs Canada last night was awesome, it was on NBCSN till like 2 in the morning, went to shootout. USA won the gold. Phenomenal tv.
    I saw it on tape sitting at Two Brothers last evening before our game, muted thank god, it was quite enjoyable that way.

vCash
    Watch this Liverpool. One of the best things I've ever seen in any Olympics.

https://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ev...deckas-victory
    I saw that, on tape again and I searched it specifically on line. I did't have to suffer through through NBC's crap to see it. Worst Olympics ever for me.......thanks to NBC. I'll qualify that by saying I actually was at THE worst single fan day ever at the Olympics, by general agreement, in person, the first day of track and field at Atlanta in 1996. There were 1.5 million people crammed into downtown that day. It was hot, crowded, and the only medal event we saw was the 20k walk. We waited for and hour and a half, after Shouldering our way through Centenial Park, to get on a Marta to get back to the bus that would take us to the muddy field they forced us to park at 30 miles west of down town. Did I mention we had to get up at 3am at our hotel in freaking Birmingham, the closest we could get, to get there in time to see what we could get a ticket for? It sucked. I'd prefer that over NBC's coverage this time.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 02-24-2018 at 12:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I normally can't get enough of the Winter Olympics, this time I have barely watched. I endured NBC's crappy commenters and coverage to watch my favorite event, the Men's Downhill very early on. The political crap in addition to what I already mentioned turned me off and I've not watched much since. There isn't much else on late tonight so I tried again. No actual sports coverage when I tuned in, but a politically charged piece on the SUMMER Olympics of '68 in Mexico City was airing. ENOUGH! I don't watch sports to hear about politics. I enjoy sports to ESCAPE that crap. NBC has ruined something I truely enjoyed with their crappy commenters and relentless political crap. I hate that network, that includes you too now WTVA.
    Your bitching arena knows no bounds...is there one topic in this world that you don’t have some sort of a complaint about?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Your bitching arena knows no bounds...is there one topic in this world that you don’t have some sort of a complaint about?
    Liverpool soccer

vCash
    Let me guess. They talked about two black athletes raising their fists on the podium. Only on of THE most important moments in Olympics history/sports history. And that bothered you?

vCash
    He does have that man crush on everything USCw.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well, I don't remember seeing too much political stuff, but what bothered me was that NBC didn't show much actual competition. Didn't show past performances. Didn't show the leaderboard that often. Oh yeah the commentators didn't really describe how events were judged, what they are looking for, etc. Basically they refused to share live information. For example, during the half pipe they kept talking about how high the men were getting. Talked about their ankle bracelets and how they reported height. But for some reason, they didn't put the live stats on the screen so we can compare against Sean White and that other dude's first big air move.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    My biggest beef with NBC is that they control all the footage and aren't allowing anyone to show highlights of any of it on twitter or instagram and they aren't showing it either on those platforms so all we get are still shots of athletes celebrating a gold instead of being able to watch the highlights like we'd normally be able to do if it was any other single sport like NFL, NBA etc...

vCash
    Liverpool soccer
    Plenty to complain about there!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious View Post
    Let me guess. They talked about two black athletes raising their fists on the podium. Only on of THE most important moments in Olympics history/sports history. And that bothered you?
    Just leave the politics out. I don't watch sports to see political statements. I watch sports to get away from political statements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well, I don't remember seeing too much political stuff, but what bothered me was that NBC didn't show much actual competition. Didn't show past performances. Didn't show the leaderboard that often. Oh yeah the commentators didn't really describe how events were judged, what they are looking for, etc. Basically they refused to share live information. For example, during the half pipe they kept talking about how high the men were getting. Talked about their ankle bracelets and how they reported height. But for some reason, they didn't put the live stats on the screen so we can compare against Sean White and that other dude's first big air move.
    This as well. Their coverage and commentary is just not good, even when they do stick to the sports.

vCash
    Off the top of my head I have no complaints about where MSU football is, MSU women's basketball, and the job Cohen is doing.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    This as well. Their coverage and commentary is just not good, even when they do stick to the sports.
    The app blows the network coverage out of the water, and Bode Miller and the hockey commentary have been great.

vCash
    Just saw Miracurl on Ice. The Beer supply in Minnesota is going to get low tonite.