Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coach Gautreau

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I am rooting for Henderson to win 50 games this year just to watch Todd go all in on him. I love underdogs.
    It's going to take Henderson winning the National Championship this year for me to think that we should bring him back as head coach. I'm being serious. I'm fine with him as a pitching coach. Fine with him as an interim coach. Bringing him back as THE head coach I feel very strongly that it would be a mistake almost as bad as bringing Polk back.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's going to take Henderson winning the National Championship this year for me to think that we should bring him back as head coach. I'm being serious.
    that's terrible dude. If he takes this team after what Cann did first weekend and wins 50 games he absolutely gets the job. Cohen would sign him for 4 years no doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    that's terrible dude. If he takes this team after what Cann did first weekend and wins 50 games he absolutely gets the job. Cohen would sign him for 4 years no doubt.
    Four years would be way too long. To me, it would be sad because we have come so far since the Ron Polk II era and we are finally back at the point where we were at worst and finally at the point where we are about to springboard to the next level. It would be a step back. Not as big as Polk II but probably a four year step back because Henderson doesn't have the following that Polk had.

At this point I'm not really worried about it happening to be honest with you. Butch, Mingione, and Bohannon would have to turn the job down before it got to Henderson. Maybe even Lane Burroughs too.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 02-25-2018 at 03:04 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Four years would be way too long. To me, it would be sad because we have come so far since the Ron Polk II era and we are finally back at the point where we were at worst and finally at the point where we are about to springboard to the next level. It would be a step back. Not as big as Polk II but probably a four year step back because Henderson doesn't have the following that Polk had.
    If Henderson pulls off 50 wins and a CWS appearance I don't care if he wears a dress and sings Toto during the 7th inning stretch he'd be getting another year minimum in my book. Have we ever had 50 wins before? That's a ridiculous number

vCash
    We don’t want Henderson as the head guy beyond this year. Recruiting would plummet, as would wins. Henderson’s former players don’t give glowing reviews as a majority. Let’s just enjoy the fact that we have a solid interim coach, be glad our season nor program is ruined, and look forward to the big time hire Cohen will make after the year. It will not be Henderson barring a miraculous season, nor should it be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We don’t want Henderson as the head guy beyond this year. Recruiting would plummet, as would wins. Henderson’s former players don’t give glowing reviews as a majority. Let’s just enjoy the fact that we have a solid interim coach, be glad our season nor program is ruined, and look forward to the big time hire Cohen will make after the year. It will not be Henderson barring a miraculous season, nor should it be.
    It's going to be interesting to me- this upcoming weekend we play in a tournament where Vanderbilt and Kentucky just so happen to be playing as well. And then Vanderbilt comes to Starkville for the first SEC weekend a couple of weeks after that. If I'm Cohen I might go after Corbin pretty hard in that span of three weeks. (Look at the team we have and look at the facilities and fans we have that you don't at Vandy. We'll help take care of the scholarships. You leave the whistler in Nashville and we'll keep Gene and his radar gun under control. Oh, here's two million dollars.) Hopefully some of our major cigar boys are going to have an alumni meeting in Hoston the next couple of weekend.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 02-25-2018 at 03:05 AM.

vCash
    It's going to be interesting to me- this upcoming weekend we play in a tournament where Vanderbilt and Kentucky just so happen to be playing as well. And then Vanderbilt comes to Starkville for the first SEC weekend a couple of weeks after that. If I'm Cohen I might go after Corbin pretty hard in that span of three weeks. (Look at the team we have and look at the facilities and fans we have that you don't at Vandy. We'll help take care of the scholarships. You leave the whistler in Nashville and we'll keep Gene and his radar gun under control. Oh, here's two million dollars.) Hopefully some of our major cigar boys are going to have an alumni meeting in Hoston the next couple of weekend.
    It would be worth it to just lose the whistler.

vCash
    Can't see Corbin leaving, he won a Natty and he has it made at Vandy. Why would he leave Nashville for Starkville, surely it isn't over us having better crowds.

I'm betting Vandy would match any offer IF it came to that. Vandy has as much talent if not more than most in the Sec. Corbin has been at Vandy a while now, pretty sure he can get want he wants or needs at Vandy.

Oh, yes Cohen may ask Corbin if he would be interested, I just don't see this move.

Banned
    vCash
    U can bet Cohen will be courting Corbin something fierce these next few weeks.

vCash
    The thing that everyone is missing is everyone has their price. Let's say you are making 100K and have it made at your job. And then another job that is a reasonably good situation comes along and offers you 300K- who here wouldn't take that? I would leave my job tomorrow for that.

vCash
    The thing that everyone is missing is everyone has their price. Let's say you are making 100K and have it made at your job. And then another job that is a reasonably good situation comes along and offers you 300K- who here wouldn't take that? I would leave my job tomorrow for that.
    My point was that this misnomer that if he wouldn’t leave for the Texas job then he obviously wouldn’t leave for our job is a fallacy. He contractually couldn’t leave for the Texas job. He can’t leave TCU for any other Big 12 job. I’m sure it was written in smartly by TCU in case the Texas job did come open. I think if we offered the right price to him we would get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    My point was that this misnomer that if he wouldn’t leave for the Texas job then he obviously wouldn’t leave for our job is a fallacy. He contractually couldn’t leave for the Texas job. He can’t leave TCU for any other Big 12 job. I’m sure it was written in smartly by TCU in case the Texas job did come open. I think if we offered the right price to him we would get him.
    I agree with you. A non-compete changes things completely.

vCash
    Schlossnagle had/has a special bond with Andy Cannizaro as well. That could work one of two ways. If Cann tried to help recruit Schlossnagle here, it might be too much to pass up but I could also see it working against us in getting him as well. Man, it just points out what Coach Cann threw away. I hope Coach Cann learned a very valuable lesson in all of this. He could possibly have thrown away what looked like to be an amazing career for imo something extremely stupid and just not worth it.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20...aro_forme.html