Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach Gautreau

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He makes like 1.5 mil a year. One thing about Cohen is he seems to be tight with the pocketbook. We won't offer anyone more than about 750k.
    Then we do what Alabama did to get Saban. 3 million. We paid a guy with zero head coaching experience 525k or something like that.

vCash
    I don't know why Cliff Godwin don't get more love.
    Because his team had a bad year last year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Then we do what Alabama did to get Saban. 3 million. We paid a guy with zero head coaching experience 525k or something like that.
    I agree but I really don't see Cohen being that way.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Because his team had a bad year last year.
    Maybe so but I bet they have a huge bounceback year this yr. they are 5-0 right now with a win yesterday over North Carolina

vCash
    I think it ends up being jay johnson or Corbin.
    I wouldn't rule out Johnson, but Corbin isn't leaving Vandy. Schlossnagle won't leave TCU either. I doubt Brian O'Connor leaves Virginia as well.

vCash
    I agree but I really don't see Cohen being that way.
    He was one of the main ones that advocated building the new stadium. MSU is a different animal than the other sports and now he has all the time in the world to get a great hire unlike last time.

As hungry as we are for a National Title in baseball I could definitely see Cohen making a huge splash hite like that and pulling it off. Cannizarro and Moorhead don't have the experience to command that kind of money which is the main reason why we aren't paying them more.

Banned
    vCash
    Gautreau was not coaching 1st today.

vCash
    Gautreau was not coaching 1st today.
    Was he out Crooting, that’s his other job

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Was he out Crooting, that’s his other job
    I would assume he was prob crootin. But that's just my assumption

vCash
    I think they moved a GA to first, Henderson 3rd and Gautreau dugout.

vCash
    What about Coastal Carolina coach that won a natty? Gilmore I think is his name

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I think they moved a GA to first, Henderson 3rd and Gautreau dugout.
    Cole Gordon was coaching 1st

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    He's a Coastal Carolina alum.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Gary Gilmore is a winner. He knows how to win and has been winning for a very long time. He was offered the auburn job in 2008 for double his salary at CC and turned it down. I don't think anything prys him away from his alma mater at this point in his career. Winning a natty for them may have made it easier to leave but I just don't see it happening.

vCash
    We are not going to get someone from a top 15 program year in and year out. We are either going to reward Henderson or hire a younger guy that should be ready for a big job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Henderson deserves a shot, let the season plaout out, he h
    Is a good recruiter with connections. I like him way more than Butch Thompson.

vCash
    Here's the thing:

I am 100% sure that no one feels worse about the baseball situation than Cohen. It embarrassed MSU and it put our players in a very awkward position- and Cohen recruited most of those players.

So, I think Cohen is going to be even more determined this time to get it right.

I don't think it will be Henderson though. If Cohen thought he was the best choice, he would have just promoted Henderson when he moved up to AD. And if we were going to have a coaching search, how many people on here would have been "ya know, we should really give Gary Henderson the job." Probably not very many.

With hindsight being 20/20 we should have just made Henderson the interim after Cohen moved to AD and then hired someone in the offseason. Which is essentially what we are doing now anyway. I think the best thing for our program at the end of the year to do is just go full reboot. Right now we have some of Cohen's old coaches on staff and Gautreau. Let's bring in the best coach we can and let him bring in his staff. We need to try to make as elite of a hire as we possibly can.

vCash
    Again, let the season play out, sometimes kids will rally around someone like Henderson.

I'm not saying he will get the job but he has shown he is a team guy and if he is successful this year, why not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Again, let the season play out, sometimes kids will rally around someone like Henderson.

I'm not saying he will get the job but he has shown he is a team guy and if he is successful this year, why not?
    Because it may not be the best thing for MSU long term?

I think we need to be careful and guard against the fact that this team will probably rally and be successful this year but that's going to wear off by next year. Yes, Henderson should get some credit for that. The last thing we need to do right now is have a knee jerk emotional reaction and make a decision that is not in our best interests long term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_H...aseball_coach)

What he did at Kentucky wasn't as good as what Cohen did plus he's almost 60 years old. I'm not sure how long he would be able to coach even if we did hire him.

vCash
    He makes like 1.5 mil a year. One thing about Cohen is he seems to be tight with the pocketbook. We won't offer anyone more than about 750k.
    I dont think so. He said he's given Vic a monstrous number. He will do whatever it takes to get the right guy.

I think Moorhead got what he did bc, 1. He wanted more money for his staff and 2. Moorhead is a first time major D1 HC