Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Gautreau

vCash

Coach Gautreau

Hadn't see this brought up yet but how pissed do you think Gautreau is right now? I'm thinking he might of had a pretty good thing going with the Boras Corp.

vCash
    Yeah. Soon after news broke I thought about him and what he must be thinking. Now, he probably gets lost in the shuffle.

vCash
    Just another life Andy screwed up.

vCash
    He may be able to go back to the Boras Corp. if he wants to.

vCash
    I'm happy he hasn't quit on the team yet himself, I think he's mad to the point where he would have wanted too and I don't think anyone can see him staying past this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    I'm happy he hasn't quit on the team yet himself, I think he's mad to the point where he would have wanted too and I don't think anyone can see him staying past this year.
    I would be surprised if any of the coaches are back next year. Which sucks for them. I wish them well if it comes down to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    Hadn't see this brought up yet but how pissed do you think Gautreau is right now? I'm thinking he might of had a pretty good thing going with the Boras Corp.
    He should thrive at MSU. Henderson and Cohen don’t want to destroy the recruiting classes and his resume was built independently of Cannizzaro.

I think Henderson will treat him like a fox hole brother and he will be great at MSU

Banned
    vCash
    what is Boras Corp?

vCash
    It wouldn’t surprise me if we were able to grab Dan McDonnell from Louisville. This could be the perfect time to reach out to him and gauge interest especially the uncertainty around the athletic department at Louisville. Could be a perfect storm to get him. He knows the area and is an excellent recruiter. If he can do what he did at Louisville, he certainly can win a championship here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    He should thrive at MSU. Henderson and Cohen don’t want to destroy the recruiting classes and his resume was built independently of Cannizzaro.

I think Henderson will treat him like a fox hole brother and he will be great at MSU
    You bring in a name like McDonnell and I doubt the class goes anywhere.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me if we were able to grab Dan McDonnell from Louisville. This could be the perfect time to reach out to him and gauge interest especially the uncertainty around the athletic department at Louisville. Could be a perfect storm to get him. He knows the area and is an excellent recruiter. If he can do what he did at Louisville, he certainly can win a championship here.
    He makes like 1.5 mil a year. One thing about Cohen is he seems to be tight with the pocketbook. We won't offer anyone more than about 750k.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He makes like 1.5 mil a year. One thing about Cohen is he seems to be tight with the pocketbook. We won't offer anyone more than about 750k.
    For the right coach we will. If you want an elite coach, you pay him accordingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    what is Boras Corp?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Boras

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Weren't we prepared to pay Mullen an ungodly amount of money to keep him around? Or was that nothing more than a rumor? We obviously weren't going to pay Cann a record breaking amount of money considering he was a first time head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    For the right coach we will. If you want an elite coach, you pay him accordingly.
    That’s right, we have a stadium to fill.

But I’m not convinced that basketball being a sewer affects baseball much. Everybody knows college basketball was and is a filthy business, the FBI is finally looking into it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    That’s right, we have a stadium to fill.

But I’m not convinced that basketball being a sewer affects baseball much. Everybody knows college basketball was and is a filthy business, the FBI is finally looking into it
    They lost their AD because of it too, so they're sort of in a state of turmoil. Not that what you said is wrong, it's just this is as good of chance as any to take a shot at him.

Banned
    vCash
    What if Henderson does a bang up job this year? we don't give him a shot? hasn't he proven he can be a good HC at previous schools?

vCash
    Henderson is a great coach, but if you can get a McDonald or a Schnogale or even a Corbin, you go for them. Now if Henderson takes us to a Natty this yr, then sure, give him a shot. But if I was Cohen, I go for the splash hire of one of the above. Henderson is here and isn't going anywhere. Go for the splash, then you can always fall back on hi
    If need be. But I do t think that will be the case. I think we will all be shocked, In a good way, who our coach will be next yr...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Henderson is a great coach, but if you can get a McDonald or a Schnogale or even a Corbin, you go for them. Now if Henderson takes us to a Natty this yr, then sure, give him a shot. But if I was Cohen, I go for the splash hire of one of the above. Henderson is here and isn't going anywhere. Go for the splash, then you can always fall back on hi
    If need be. But I do t think that will be the case. I think we will all be shocked, In a good way, who our coach will be next yr...
    I think it ends up being jay johnson or Corbin.

vCash
    I don't know why Cliff Godwin don't get more love.