Thread: Longest active Bowl Streaks-Tied for 14th

vCash

Longest active Bowl Streaks-Tied for 14th

We are tied for 14th for longest active Bowl streaks. Ahead of programs like Ohio State, Auburn, Miami, USC, etc.

https://scout.com/college/georgia/Ga...&ad_id=7568428

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well Ohio State only missed due to some questionable bs rules and such. Although the only reason ours is intact is grades. So.....there you go.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    People talk about how easy it is to make bowls but yet at the same time it really is an accomplishment. Obviously the accomplishments reflect the bowl- Sugar Bowl vs. Weedeater Bowl. The thing about going to bowls every year is it helps establish you as a winning program. That's how you change perceptions- not playing on a random Thursday wearing weird Snow Bowl tribute uniforms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    People talk about how easy it is to make bowls but yet at the same time it really is an accomplishment. Obviously the accomplishments reflect the bowl- Sugar Bowl vs. Weedeater Bowl. The thing about going to bowls every year is it helps establish you as a winning program. That's how you change perceptions- not playing on a random Thursday wearing weird Snow Bowl tribute uniforms.
    Right. The first step in becoming an elite program is winning consistently. While it is easier to go to bowls now only 5 sec programs have been to bowls the last 8 years and we are one of them, Obviously we all want bigger and better bowls but we have built the foundation now we have to take the next step and I believe we have the pieces in place to take that step.

vCash
    May not be popular fact, but thanks...Dan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    May not be popular fact, but thanks...Dan
    He took us to the next step up the ladder, made us consistent, and set a great foundation for his successor. I'll always be thankful for that.

That being said, I think JoMo is going to make everyone forget all about Dan...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Right. The first step in becoming an elite program is winning consistently. While it is easier to go to bowls now only 5 sec programs have been to bowls the last 8 years and we are one of them, Obviously we all want bigger and better bowls but we have built the foundation now we have to take the next step and I believe we have the pieces in place to take that step.
    To me, it doesn't really matter how good the bowl is. Just as long as we go to one. What I mean is we should strive for NY6 bowls and NY6 bowl wins when we have a special year but if we are "down" I'm good with the St. Petersburg Bowl.

And saying that- I want to win the Sugar Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He took us to the next step up the ladder, made us consistent, and set a great foundation for his successor. I'll always be thankful for that.

I guess. I always felt like Dan was overrated by our fans because of our history. I think a lot of competent coaches could have done what he did or yes, even better.

I agree that he was consistent but he also at the same time limited our ceiling with how he did some things. I didn't see him evolve much from 2009 to 2017. In some ways he stepped back.

Which is why Moorhead will make everyone forget about Dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

Dan Molen was good at playing checkers. Joe Mo will play chess.

vCash
    I guess. I always felt like Dan was overrated by our fans because of our history. I think a lot of competent coaches could have done what he did or yes, even better.

I agree that he was consistent but he also at the same time limited our ceiling with how he did some things. I didn't see him evolve much from 2009 to 2017. In some ways he stepped back.
    D
    Which is why Moorhead will make everyone forget about Dan.
    Dan is UNDERRATED because of our history among our own. Nationally he isn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Dan is UNDERRATED because of our history among our own. Nationally he isn't.
    Yeah. That's why it took him conservatively three years and his old AD to get him a job that he deemed himself "worthy" of- and why he was Florida's fourth choice.

vCash
    Yeah. That's why it took him conservatively three years and his old AD to get him a job that he deemed himself "worthy" of- and why he was Florida's fourth choice.
    You explained it yourself in the post I replied to.

vCash
    This. Don had a good eye for talent, and could develop it (especially at QB), but he lacked in on field coaching, especially in big games, and recruiting. I think we now have a guy that can do it all, and given our current roster situation and the upcoming classes within close proximity, I am pumped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You explained it yourself in the post I replied to.
    It's going to be hard to buy that he is underrated by our fans when Joe outdoes him while elevating our recruiting ceiling at the same time.

vCash
    It's going to be hard to buy that he is underrated by our fans when Joe outdoes him while elevating our recruiting ceiling at the same time.
    Joe inherited a damn good football team. I suppose you think Dan inherited that from Croom? Your arguement is the same crap Poor old MSU fans have spewed for decades, if we only had even a decent coach we would be good. I hate to break it to you but that's not the case. It never has been and never will be. We exist in Mississippi. I know the arguement about our per capita talent, but we are a damn small state, and there are TWO SEC teams here, plus another FBS team. It takes an above average coach to even be decent here. It sucks but it is what it is.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Don made us a consistent 6-8 win team. We had the talent to be a 8-10 win team while he was here.

While he did what no other had done, he also left af*ck tin of success in the table.

Let?s call a spade a spade. He did a lot of great things. He was also given some great opportunities he completely f*cked up. It raised the bar, but he could have raised it a whole hell of a lot more had he been a great coach.

Let?s hooe that JoMo seizes the opportunity and doesn?t pucker up in big games. My gut says he won?t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well Ohio State only missed due to some questionable bs rules and such. Although the only reason ours is intact is grades. So.....there you go.
    BS. OSU and the rest of the 115 CFB Teams behind us have similar crappy excuses.

There are ONLY 4 SEC Teams with better streaks .. GA, Bama, KSU & A&M. It's NOT as easy as it looks. It ALSO means we haven't has a LOSING season in 8 years. Show me the LAST time MSU did That!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"