Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
Thanks for bringing up the subject vv83. I?ve been pondering this myself since Hack broke the story.

The narrative on this board is that Cohen is always prepared and thorough in his business. Regardless of the time he had to make the hire (which is easily debunked by the fact that Henderson was on staff and had experience) and the fact that he couldn?t predict Cann?s sleezy ways - he still was the one that made the hire.

Stricklin gets roasted for the Ray hire, yet is Cohen getting a pass on Cann? Ray didn?t win many games (like Croom), but he at least cleaned up the program. It sounds like Cann was slowly destroying the program, regardless of last year and his recruiting ability.

Does Cohen get a pass because he?s still the AD? He has controlled the narrative very well and I respect his decision to cut bait, but that doesn?t absolve him from his responsibility of tarnishing the program?s image.
Stricklin let ray stay too long when everyone knew he wasn't worth a shit after two seasons and we let Croom stay three years too long. Cohen had enough sense to let the guy go. Stricklin and Templeton were dumb asses.