Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
The way to do it would be through the Bulldog Club. Endow a scholarship for baseball. It can be done....I did it.
Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
If this is true, I wonder why more people don't? I'm just saying after all these years and as much as our fans follow baseball I would have thought that this would have been brought up at some point.
Is the goal of such a Bulldog Club scholarship just to free up more operating revenue for the baseball team? That would make sense, and it seems like baseball fans could do that, like Todd suggests. Lots of private schools have endowed athletic scholarships. I remember hearing a few years ago that Stanford wanted to fully endow all of their athletic scholarships (not sure if they reached that goal).

When I read the original quote above, it seemed like the thought was that a Bulldog Club scholarship for baseball could get around the 11.7 and/or minimum 25% rules. Until the rules are changed or Mississippi State receives some windfall that allows the school to offer academic or leadership scholarships to all students who are at whatever minimum level so a lot of baseball players could also qualify, how would an endowed scholarship increase our competitiveness, aside from freeing up some money to pay quality coaches or (legitimately) support recruiting efforts?