Thread: We should easily be able to fund full scholarships for the whole baseball team...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Haha ok fella. You’re not educating me on anything. Cohen’s original formula was what worked, I guess you have forgotten 2013, after Burroughs left we started recruiting PG All Americans

If the education you propose is the same one the yielded your views on scholarships, I think I’ll pass LOL
    Yeah- I was pretty miserable during that SEC Championship run and two SR's with those PG All-American players.** Those PG All-Americans yielded two first round draft picks- including the SEC's first Triple Crown winner since 1984 and every member of the starting rotation and all but one position player was drafted or will be (I'm assuming Mangum and Pilkington will both be drafted) by MLB. The one player that wasn't drafted just so happened to be drafted only started over Hunter Stovall because Stovall was injured some that year- so if you count who would have been our "normal" starting second baseman it would be the entire team.

You're also mistaken about us not recruiting PG All-Americans under Burroughs- we started doing that from day one with Cohen starting with Chris Stratton and then followed that up with CT Bradford, Daryl Norris, Adam Frazier, and many others.

I am educating you. I'm really not trying to be cocky. It's just that there is a very clear formula and the one that you are promoting has been proven to NOT work and would end up hurting us. And I don't want to see any of our fans clamoring for something that I know won't work because I do know that the athletic department looks at these message boards to see fan opinions. Basically what you are advocating would be like someone saying that we should go back to Croom because they think that would work when everyone else knows it won't.

If you think that we have to recruit JUCO players you're vastly underestimating what our resources and potential actually are. We are elite and have the resources to be elite and have raised our profile quite a bit since Cohen took over. In some ways it reminds me of Alabama football before Saban- and I hope that Cohen and company do the same thing. Alabama was a very good program but had the desire to be the elite football program in the country. So what did they do? They threw an excessive amount of money at the best coach in America and landed him. I hope we do the same with our baseball program. At least that is what I would do if I was Cohen.

If you think I am wrong about the scholarships- you should ask a MLB scout. I think you will be surprised to find that they agree with me.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah- I was pretty miserable during that SEC Championship run and two SR's with those PG All-American players.** Those PG All-Americans yielded two first round draft picks- including the SEC's first Triple Crown winner since 1984 and every member of the starting rotation and all but one position player was drafted or will be (I'm assuming Mangum and Pilkington will both be drafted) by MLB. The one player that wasn't drafted just so happened to be drafted only started over Hunter Stovall because Stovall was injured some that year- so if you count who would have been our "normal" starting second baseman it would be the entire team.

You're also mistaken about us not recruiting PG All-Americans under Burroughs- we started doing that from day one with Cohen starting with Chris Stratton and then followed that up with CT Bradford, Daryl Norris, Adam Frazier, and many others.
    term flew right over your head

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I am educating you. I'm really not trying to be cocky. It's just that there is a very clear formula and the one that you are promoting has been proven to NOT work and would end up hurting us. And I don't want to see any of our fans clamoring for something that I know won't work because I do know that the athletic department looks at these message boards to see fan opinions. Basically what you are advocating would be like someone saying that we should go back to Croom because they think that would work when everyone else knows it won't.
    sorry you don't have that power and you are wrong anyway because it already has worked, and works all over the country