Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bracketologists giving mixed signals

vCash

Bracketologists giving mixed signals

Lunardi has Georgia as the 8th team out over us:

We beat them
    We have a higher RPI
    We have a better SEC record

Florida in as a 7 seed- a 7 seed- lower RPI than us currently and tied with us in the standings

A&M is a 9 seed that is slowly playing their way out of the Tourney.

There are so many teams lumped together fighting for a spot in the Tourney- the next 3 games will cause some major movement. We just have to keep winning and play our way in
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The committee historically frowns on major conference teams who schedule so weakly in the OOC. That is probably what Lunardi is taking into account. If we win out, we have a good chance at getting into the Tourney. But it is not a given even then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The committee historically frowns on major conference teams who schedule so weakly in the OOC. That is probably what Lunardi is taking into account. If we win out, we have a good chance at getting into the Tourney. But it is not a given even then.
    So how does that jibe with the fact that our RPI is better than two teams he has projected as tourney teams? If we get left out of the NCAAT with a better record and better RPI than two teams who make it, then it's rigged.

We win out, we're in. There's no way they could justify leaving us out.

vCash

11 seed

I'm not sure what I'm even looking at, but, it shows us as an 11 seed. I looked at a few other teams listed in this BPI resume and they aligned closely with the seeding in Lunardi's bracket. Hey just searching for good news:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../_/view/resume

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    So how does that jibe with the fact that our RPI is better than two teams he has projected as tourney teams? If we get left out of the NCAAT with a better record and better RPI than two teams who make it, then it's rigged.

We win out, we're in. There's no way they could justify leaving us out.
    Because the committee doesn't just look at RPI? That should be clear. It is a very important factor, no doubt. But they absolutely do not like when teams schedule extremely weak in the OOC. And that is what we did. We have an uphill climb compared to many others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

We beat them
    We have a higher RPI

Florida in as a 7 seed- a 7 seed- lower RPI than us currently and tied with us in the standings

There are so many teams lumped together fighting for a spot in the Tourney- the next 3 games will cause some major movement. We just have to keep winning and play our way in
    Joey Brackets has us next four out last night. Replacing UGA.

vCash
    Florida is actually a very good comparison right now. I disagree with Lunardi that they're a 7 but they would probably get in right now.

They have the exact same 2 bad losses that we have. And in terms of good wins, we both won @A&M. They also beat Arkansas and Missouri, though their Missouri win came on the road. Then we won at home against Alabama, compared to them beating Cincinnati and @Kentucky. Those two wins are clearly superior to anything we have in comparison.

Also, while they have more losses, 3 of those are against top 11 RPI teams, including 2 OOC - Duke and Clemson. They also beat us H2H and have 5 wins in the 51-100 range compared to our 2.

So yes, they have a worse record and a slightly worse RPI. We are both 8-7 in conference. But their far better OOC scheduling and better wins are putting them ahead of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Where are you seeing that? I'm still seeing UGA there.

vCash

We beat them
    We have a higher RPI

Say it slow with me. CONFERENCE. STANDINGS. DO. NOT. MATTER...... when the board realizes this, we can focus on what it?s going to take. Just keep winning baby.

vCash
    not according to the one of ESPN this morning-updated 2/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalCityDawg View Post
    Say it slow with me. CONFERENCE. STANDINGS. DO. NOT. MATTER...... when the board realizes this, we can focus on what it?s going to take. Just keep winning baby.
    Palm has LSU in the hunt- these ****ers have no idea what’s going on

vCash
    not according to the one of ESPN this morning-updated 2/22
    I don’t think they have updated that yet. Even tho it says 2/22.. last night we were next 4 out after the UGA loss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalCityDawg View Post
    If you don’t think it is a factor then ok.
    So a team with a RPI of 39 is automatically in right?
    Wrong. That’s Buffalo. If they don’t win their conference tourney I will bet anyone on here they don’t make it.

Say it with me... all we are saying is that if anyone doesn’t think that a 11-7 conference record and finishing in the top 4 of SEC this year isn’t a HUGE factor becuse it is. And it will be taken into consideration wethere the committee comes out and says it or not.

vCash
    just win the next 3 and we will be Dancing--book it

vCash
    Because the committee doesn't just look at RPI? That should be clear. It is a very important factor, no doubt. But they absolutely do not like when teams schedule extremely weak in the OOC. And that is what we did. We have an uphill climb compared to many others.
    At least we played a top 25 ranked team in our OOC play. Auburn did not. It really makes no sense to me. We could have schedule Duke and lost to them by 30 and we would be either in the tourney or on the bubble now.

vCash
    34, sticky this thread so we can throw it back up on selection Sunday. They will not leave us out with a 11-7 record

vCash
    If you don?t think it is a factor then ok.
    So a team with a RPI of 39 is automatically in right?
    Wrong. That?s Buffalo. If they don?t win their conference tourney I will bet anyone on here they don?t make it.

Say it with me... all we are saying is that if anyone doesn?t think that a 11-7 conference record and finishing in the top 4 of SEC this year isn?t a HUGE factor becuse it is. And it will be taken into consideration wethere the committee comes out and says it or not.
    You?re cherry picking. What?s their SOS? Similar to ours I?m sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    At least we played a top 25 ranked team in our OOC play. Auburn did not. It really makes no sense to me. We could have schedule Duke and lost to them by 30 and we would be either in the tourney or on the bubble now.
    And if we were 24-4, no one would be questioning whether we are in the Tourney or not. I don't understand the comparison to them. They have a much better resume than we do.

vCash
    And if we were 24-4, no one would be questioning whether we are in the Tourney or not. I don't understand the comparison to them. They have a much better resume than we do.
    ha, I'm not saying Auburn shouldn't be in the tourney. Goodness. But, they are a #2 with that 24-4 record and no OOC games against ranked opponents. If we had of beaten Ole Miss, Missouri, and Vandy, we would be 23-5....and I guaran_damn_tee you that we would not be sniffing a #2 seed. Heck, we would be about a #10 seed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    34, sticky this thread so we can throw it back up on selection Sunday. They will not leave us out with a 11-7 record
    I don't think we'll get left out at 11-7 either, BUT for those that are cherry picking just RPI or just BPI to do a side by side comparison with other teams, that's just not how it works. It's a combination of RPI, KPI, SOR, BPI, KenPom, and Sagarin. They are looking at both results based and predictive metrics. The reason I don't think we'll get left out at 11-7 has nothing to do with where it puts us inside the conference and everything to do with our placement in those collective rankings. Again, if you're quoting conference standings as any kind of barometer, you're beating a dead horse. Also this site is a good reference for any bracketology interests: http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

They have us as the fourth team out which sounds about right.