Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have really enjoyed seeing this men's bb team mature and learn their roles

vCash

I have really enjoyed seeing this men's bb team mature and learn their roles

I started watching this team early in the season and almost gave up on them thinking it would be another year of "wait til next year". But the past few weeks have been great. They are still young and at times make some what I call "low basketball IQ" plays but those seem to be happening less frequently. I love watching Peters now. He has really matured and learned his role. His confidence is fun to see. Love watching Holman play. He too has a bunch of confidence and I love seeing a 6'10" guy who can post up low and defend and come out and hit 3's routinely. That's a rare combo and it causes all kinds of matchup problems for the other teams. Ado...can't say enough about him. He is a 6'10" athlete that is getting better by the damn hour. The one thing I see is that he gets backed up under the goal too much on defense. If he puts on about 20 pounds of muscle, look out. He has 1st team SEC written all over him. Love the attitude of Nick Weatherspoon. He doesn't turn the ball over or take low percentage shots. And if he gets a drivable lane, he will tomahawk it on any center in the league. Q is a question mark to me though. In the A&M game he looked quite timid to shoot the ball. He had some open 12 footers and 3's that he didn't take. I'm not sure what's up there.

Overall, I love watching how this team is figuring out there roles and how working together they can beat anyone. I saw some really good things in their timeout huddles. A lot of talking each other up and hand slaps with each other. A lot of smiles and motivating.

The job that Howland has done with this team is pretty remarkable. They are coming together at the right time.

vCash
    Great post. I agree totally. Basketball is back.

vCash
    Holman has NBA written all over him IMO. The only thing will hold him back is himself. I really like Ado's, Peters', and Nick's odds too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Holman has NBA written all over him IMO. The only thing will hold him back is himself. I really like Ado's, Peters', and Nick's odds too.
    Holman isnt a good defender. Hes a good shot blocker but as far as being a 1 on 1 defender and IQ hes gotta get better.

Nobody is worse on defense than Q. He could give a shit. Holman at least acts like he cares

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Holman isnt a good defender. Hes a good shot blocker but as far as being a 1 on 1 defender and IQ hes gotta get better.

Nobody is worse on defense than Q. He could give a shit. Holman at least acts like he cares
    Didn't say he was quite there yet, but the potential is off the charts. As he has grown and learned, he gets better every game from what I can tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Didn't say he was quite there yet, but the potential is off the charts. As he has grown and learned, he gets better every game from what I can tell.
    Agreed he has NBA length and stroke. Stretch 4s that can defend on the perimeter are all the rage in the NBA now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

I can't figure out how the player that is 3td in steals in The SEC, is the worst defender and doesn't give a shit. He is a guard who is assigned the other teams small forward. people's hate for Q is mind boggling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I can't figure out how the player that is 3td in steals in The SEC, is the worst defender and doesn't give a shit. He is a guard who is assigned the other teams small forward. people's hate for Q is mind boggling.
    I don’t care if he sets the all time record for steals, he is slow and occasionally lazy.

vCash
    Yea the hate for Q is lazy as people think his defense is. He?s been our most consistent glue when most of our team couldn?t do anything.

I don?t care what anyone says. The OP is right. This team was dog shit in early January and most of the non conference. This is a very strong maturation in a short period of time.

vCash
    With that said, I think Nick has added a toughness swagger that our hoops team hasn?t had in a long time. He is an incredible player.

Banned
    vCash
    Holman's issue is his strength and stamina. Someone said earlier this year he has asthma issues. Not sure if true or not but it'd make sense as he does appear to always be going at about 75%. When he starts playing as hard as Kevin Garnett payed Holman can be an NBA player. He has the stroke.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    The three year Howland development plan seems to be holding true. I think our easy non conference schedule hurt us early in SEC play and it took a few weeks for us to adjust. Needed more tests early in season and didn?t get them until SEC okay. This team gets better every game and is fun to watch. Finally have that old feeling all week of looking forward to the next men?s game. Nice to have that feeling again.

vCash
    Q is not 3rd in the SEC in steals
    Q is not a guard- thats the problem- he is tweener trying to find a spot. He couldnt guard a decent 2 playing for a mid-major

Peters is 4th in the SEC in steals- Q is 6th on the season
    Peters has 24 steals to Q's 20 in SEC play even with Peters starting 6 less games.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Q is not a guard- thats the problem- he is tweener trying to find a spot. He couldnt guard a decent 2 playing for a mid-major

Peters has 24 steals to Q's 20 in SEC play even with Peters starting 6 less games.
    Bullshit He is a guard, he was third in steals a couple of games ago. Good for LAMAR , I hope he becomes 1st in steals. WTF does that have to do with Q? Tweener, ok, that is your opinion, and has been proven in the past your basketball knowledge is shit.

vCash
    Bullshit He is a guard, he was third in steals a couple of games ago. Good for LAMAR , I hope he becomes 1st in steals. WTF does that have to do with Q? Tweener, ok, that is your opinion, and has been proven in the past your basketball knowledge is shit.
    So are you saying Q is a good defender? He is 7th, maybe 8th ON THIS TEAM! He is not a good defender. No argument. It’s a fact. Go watch our games again

vCash
    Oh I know. As we have seen when I called for us to start Peters at PG back in December- when we finally did it- we finally got better. We are 6-3 with Peters starting at PG- and in 2 of those losses we were ****ed over. We are 2-4 in the SEC not starting Peters. Thank goodness Howland finally listened to me.

Q is a guard body with the speed of a small forward. He cant guard a 2- he cant keep up with them. But by being slow- he does cause problems being matched up with 3's. He matches up better with 3's foot speed-wise and it helps that he is physical. Thats why he gets rebounds.

Lamar is our steals guy- Q continues to fade in SEC play. I'm sorry facts bother you
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Bullshit He is a guard, he was third in steals a couple of games ago. Good for LAMAR , I hope he becomes 1st in steals. WTF does that have to do with Q? Tweener, ok, that is your opinion, and has been proven in the past your basketball knowledge is shit. I just looked up steals Q has 40 and LAMAR has 37. Guess what they Had Q listed as a guard, I didn't see a Tweener category.

vCash
    Oh I know. As we have seen when I called for us to start Peters at PG back in December- when we finally did it- we finally got better. We are 6-3 with Peters starting at PG- and in 2 of those losses we were ****ed over. We are 2-4 in the SEC not starting Peters. Thank goodness Howland finally listened to me.

Q is a guard body with the speed of a small forward. He cant guard a 2- he cant keep up with them. But by being slow- he does cause problems being matched up with 3's. He matches up better with 3's foot speed-wise and it helps that he is physical. Thats why he gets rebounds.

Lamar is our steals guy- Q continues to fade in SEC play. I'm sorry facts bother you
    Shit Man Ray Charles could see LAMAR needed to play. You gonna take credit for that. Everybody with an ounce of Basketball IQ knew for us to be good we needed Peters. As of right now Q has 40 steals and Peters has 37. And Q is in 4th.he gets rebounds because he wants to rebound. Everyone knows rebounding is effort--so much for the Q is lazy bullshit.
    Last edited by tcdog70; 02-21-2018 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    So are you saying Q is a good defender? He is 7th, maybe 8th ON THIS TEAM! He is not a good defender. No argument. It’s a fact. Go watch our games again
    Says you, who,the **** are you? Baby Spoon and LAMAR are better, but who else?

vCash
    Says you, who,the **** are you? Baby Spoon and LAMAR are better, but who else?
    Ok 6th
    Ado, Holman, X, Nick, Lamar are better
    You’re talking about IQ- anyone with IQ knows Q is not a good defender.