Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Henderson era starts tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    My question regarding all of this is where was Henderson during these practices where Can was basically a no show or non observant? He's been there before and has experience dealing with coaches who are similar since he's been a head coach before. Plus the relationship he has with Cohen I just have a hard time realizing he would put up with behaviour like that
    As the #2 guy there isn't a whole lot that can be done. It was cann's program...Henderson knew that and didn't want to put himself in a position to undermine anybody. Been there done that. However, i'm sure if/when the subject was broached with Cohen he gave an honest answer. All speculation on my part but I've seen it play out time after time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    My question regarding all of this is where was Henderson during these practices where Can was basically a no show or non observant? He's been there before and has experience dealing with coaches who are similar since he's been a head coach before. Plus the relationship he has with Cohen I just have a hard time realizing he would put up with behaviour like that
    I have been asking myself this same question - I just hope that maybe Henderson brought attention to this and it ended up leading to the big kaboom...

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We only have 15 position players eligible to play. All but 3 drew a start. I don't thing we have a magic pill or player in that dugout that's going to change much. The guys we have have to play better.
    Baseball is a mental game. The distractions we all know about now, most likely played a huge part in the results last weekend. Let?s see what happens now because the team did not respect Cann.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Is the streaming free tonight?
    Yeah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Streaming??? You think Jackson State has a streaming service? They likely don't even have a camera...
    They do have a streaming service and its free

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Baseball is a mental game. The distractions we all know about now, most likely played a huge part in the results last weekend. Let?s see what happens now because the team did not respect Cann.
    I played for guys I didn't respect, never had an affect on my performance or effort. With that said, we had numerous guys who had disappointing weekends that I think will play better. Starting with Stovall for sure.

vCash
    Nothing harder then trying to figure out when you need to go over your bosses head and when to lay back and see what happens.

I would suspect that the Cann situation didn't develop until this past off season. Henderson, in his role as pitching coach, might have not been exposed to as much of it as other coaches either. He also may not have wanted to rat Cann out, hoping he would right the ship once the season started. It's a tough call. I've been there with a boss before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I am really hoping this past weekend was the product of the cloud surrounding cann
    Would like to think so but would the uncertain status of your HC really affect your focus in hitting or pitching a baseball?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Streaming??? You think Jackson State has a streaming service? They likely don't even have a camera...
    I heard Jackson State's streaming service is fire

Banned
    vCash
    I am really hoping this past weekend was the product of the cloud surrounding cann
    Well operation dumbass texting on his cellphone apparently happened Friday during the game so I can see why the team didn't have their minds fully on the series. They probably all knew Cann was fired Friday night and everyone didn't really give a shit about the games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Well operation dumbass texting on his cellphone apparently happened Friday during the game so I can see why the team didn't have their minds fully on the series. They probably all knew Cann was fired Friday night and everyone didn't really give a shit about the games.
    I heard that too. Cohen was done with him Friday, but didn’t want to distract the players. That’s why he waited til Monday.

vCash
    Do you expect any lineup changes?
    I'm expecting a rainout.

vCash
    Lineup tonight
    Mangum
    Hatcher
    Stovall
    Vansau
    Belmont
    Allen
    Skelton
    Poole
    Jordan

JP France on the mound

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    As the #2 guy there isn't a whole lot that can be done. It was cann's program...Henderson knew that and didn't want to put himself in a position to undermine anybody. Been there done that.
    ^^^This^^^

Anybody that is questioning why Henderson did or did not do X has never been either the head man or the #2 guy. Having been both, sometimes it is harder being the #2 guy and not being able to talk the head man off the ledge.

vCash
    I've spent a majority of my coaching career as the #2 guy in football- running the offense and bouncing ideas back and forth. Sometimes guys listen- sometimes guys are too damn hardheaded. Cann was too caught up into what he had going in Florida than his career. Here's why:

Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Tarp coming off the field now.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I played for guys I didn't respect, never had an affect on my performance or effort. With that said, we had numerous guys who had disappointing weekends that I think will play better. Starting with Stovall for sure.
    I?m not saying they were playing bad on purpose. But if you have all those thoughts in your head it makes performing your best more difficult. Any distractions disrupting full focus can hurt performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I?m not saying they were playing bad on purpose. But if you have all those thoughts in your head it makes performing your best more difficult. Any distractions disrupting full focus can hurt performance.
    I heard Canny was giving conflicting coaching such as be really aggressive at the plate but also try to take strikes. He apparently didn't have his head in the game at any point.

vCash
    Do we have someone ready to take Henderson's phone at the entrance to the field?

vCash
    We gonna play or what?