Thread: SEC Tournament is setting up to be the best in a long time

Banned
    vCash

SEC Tournament is setting up to be the best in a long time

with Auburn losing their shot-blocker there isn't a clear favorite. If we can win our next 3 we'll get a double bye and we have a good shot to win the whole ****ing thing with that extra rest. We would be 9-2 in our last 11 and only last second heartbreak 3s to Mizzou and Vandy away from being on an 11 game winning streak. I am putting the cart before the horse here but we couldn't have found a better time to be playing our best basketball since 7-8 years ago. Howland has cut down on the rotation minutes too just for you hoopsdawg. We had 4 guys log over 30 minutes and really Howland kept it to a 7 man rotation for the most part. 10 saw the court but really only 7 played significant minutes.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 02-21-2018 at 01:44 PM.

vCash
    Lol... hoopsdawg, not homedawg

vCash
    The progress of Ado can't be underscored. He has learned to play D without fouling out (fingers crossed). Also, Lamar buying in has been huge. These boys are fun to watch. It feels nice to care again...

vCash
    Seems like Feazell played good minutes last night.

vCash
    Even as the rotation is being tightened up, my boy, carter continues to play. He has been ripped up pretty good here for most of the year, but he has been solid... 9.0 ppg 2.0 rpg 1.5 apg. His 3 pt shooting has been disappointing for the most part, but it is starting to come around. He is at 32.8% from 3 for year, but this is rising... in our last 8 games, Tyson is 14/34 (.412) from 3. He has been a huge piece to this surge. We are 6-2 in this 8 game stretch

vCash
    Yep, and Stapleton too. Since he pissed that ref off in the Bama game, he’s had to contain himself a little to stay on the floor. It’s like they are just waiting to blow a whistle on him. But his game has really elevated, especially his shooting too!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Even as the rotation is being tightened up, my boy, carter continues to play. He has been ripped up pretty good here for most of the year, but he has been solid... 9.0 ppg 2.0 rpg 1.5 apg. His 3 pt shooting has been disappointing for the most part, but it is starting to come around. He is at 32.8% from 3 for year, but this is rising... in our last 8 games, Tyson is 14/34 (.412) from 3. He has been a huge piece to this surge. We are 6-2 in this 8 game stretch
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    Yep, and Stapleton too. Since he pissed that ref off in the Bama game, he’s had to contain himself a little to stay on the floor. It’s like they are just waiting to blow a whistle on him. But his game has really elevated, especially his shooting too!
    Tyson Carter is our Ray Allen now we just gotta get him to workout like Ray Allen. DJX played well in the first ten minutes and then to me it looked like he banged knees or tweaked his leg a little and was laboring some. I don't think he played in the last ten minutes. Hope it's nothing and I was just seeing shit as we need him. He is not a good defender down low though. We continue to be weak at the 4 position when Holman goes out. Perry is going to help us a lot next year. Signing 4's has been Howland's kryptonite so far. Maybe we need Kevin Love to come pay us a visit during recruiting of 4s time.

vCash
    We started becoming the team we are when Peters began starting. Lamar's shooting is still erratic and he is going to turn the ball over 3-4 times....but those 28 assists the last 4 games make it easy to see he is our straw that stirs the drink. He is also our steals leader now.

Carter struggled with his new role at first but lately has adapted. He is even attacking the basket.

We're a fun team to watch right now
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It is just so nice to be able to watch an MSU basketball game and EXPECT to win. That hasn't been the case in a while.

vCash
    Have to agree with 34. When LP embraced his role as PG and Ado maned up is when the team started to become a team. And one more big difference is when the team started driving to the basket instead of bombs away.

Banned
    vCash
    Not taking away from Lamar or Ado as they've both been a huge reason but I think it's because we're sharing the scoring and the ball better. We are playing unselfishly so someone like Q isn't our best player or forced to be anymore and he can be what he really is a good college player. We have about 7 of those now. Look at how even the scoring was last night to see.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    anyone else feel like E.Wright is getting lost in the shuffle. I suspect he'll be gone. Shame too because I like him but I wouldn't really blame him.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    anyone else feel like E.Wright is getting lost in the shuffle. I suspect he'll be gone. Shame too because I like him but I wouldn't really blame him.
    There are times where I see flashes of Eli's skills. But there are other times where he just seems really slow and outmanned on the court. That being said, he is a GREAT role player off the bench. It is great to have someone come and spell one of guards for a brief time that has as much talent as he does. I would hate to see him go, but everytime I see him on the bench he looks uninterested and diesengaged. Wouldn't be suprised if he leaves.

vCash
    Say what you want about X but we wouldnt be nearly as good without him.

vCash
    It sho shapin up like tourney time may be fun to watch agin.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    There are times where I see flashes of Eli's skills. But there are other times where he just seems really slow and outmanned on the court. That being said, he is a GREAT role player off the bench. It is great to have someone come and spell one of guards for a brief time that has as much talent as he does. I would hate to see him go, but everytime I see him on the bench he looks uninterested and diesengaged. Wouldn't be suprised if he leaves.
    I like Eli and don't want him to go. He just can't quite figure out what his game is supposed to be yet. I think he's a good player that if given 30 minutes would be pretty productive for us but he's not a better shooter than Carter so he can't dip into his minutes. He's a good rebounder and he's pretty decent driving the ball. He had one coast to coast layup last night that was impressive. He just did it outta nowhere and he looked like the fastest guy on the court for about 4 seconds. His problem is he can't figure out what he's supposed to focus on when he gets in the game. He's just a tweaner that isn't a great 3 point shooter like Carter and he isn't tall enough to play the 4 but he rebounds pretty well for his size. He doesn't cause any issues. He does appear to be disengaged 100% of the time but I think that's just his disposition and wouldn't read anything into it.

vCash
    I love me some Tyson Carter. He has 2 or 3 3 pointers a game go in and out. He has found his stroke the past couple of games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    It is just so nice to be able to watch an MSU basketball game and EXPECT to win. That hasn't been the case in a while.

Last night was the first time I truly enjoyed a game and the play in a long time.. We looked dangerous.