Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What an SEC mess heading into tomorrow and Saturday

vCash

What an SEC mess heading into tomorrow and Saturday

If Bama loses at Auburn tomorrow and Florida loses at Tennessee- which they should- there will be an incredible tie in the middle of the SEC with 3 games left.

All of these teams will be 8-7 in the SEC with 3 games left:

State
    Bama
    Florida
    Kentucky
    UPig
    Mizzou

2 of those teams are racing to finish in the top 4 of the SEC. We go 3-0? 1 of the top 4 is us. Top 4 in the SEC means we are NCAA-bound
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Look I wanna make the tournament too but what place we finish in the league will have absolutely zero bearing on whether we make it or not. Educate yourself https://t.co/x4VZjsy6yv

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If Bama loses at Auburn tomorrow and Florida loses at Tennessee- which they should- there will be an incredible tie in the middle of the SEC with 3 games left.

All of these teams will be 8-7 in the SEC with 3 games left:

State
    Bama
    Florida
    Kentucky
    UPig
    Mizzou

2 of those teams are racing to finish in the top 4 of the SEC. We go 3-0? 1 of the top 4 is us. Top 4 in the SEC means we are NCAA-bound
    And we have the best remaining schedule of these teams.. outside chance at 3rd and still a ****ing shot at 2nd .. that’s ****ing crazy

Banned
    vCash
    In case anyone is wondering the SECT seeding tiebreaker when a bunch of teams are tied like this is record vs all tied teams so in this scenario we are 3-4 vs those 5 teams. So we don't want to be tied it won't help us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    Look I wanna make the tournament too but what place we finish in the league will have absolutely zero bearing on whether we make it or not. Educate yourself https://t.co/x4VZjsy6yv

What a few here are saying is that if the SEC gets in 8 even 7 teams like EVERYONE has said we are for over a month now , and we finish top 4 it’s going to be almost impossible to take 4 or 5 teams in over us . If the committee only takes 5 or 6 teams then yeah we are probably left out, unless we win a game maybe 2 in the tourney .
    We keep wining other sec teams will be losing , we keep playing ourselves in other teams keep playing their way out.

Basically we are using common sense. Palm can say last 10- 15 games don’t matter whatever. Joey Brackets just referenced AM and Oklahoma playing their way out of the tourney because how they have played last couple of weeks. So common sense tells you that their last 10 games or so means a lot.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 02-21-2018 at 12:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    In case anyone is wondering the SECT seeding tiebreaker when a bunch of teams are tied like this is record vs all tied teams so in this scenario we are 3-4 vs those 5 teams. So we don't want to be tied it won't help us.
    All these teams play a couple of teams in this bunch .We won’t be tied with anyone if we win out if my math is correct.

vCash
    I'm educated enough. If we finish top 4 in the SEC- we are in. The committee will not take 3-4 SEC teams over the team that finished 4th- I promise you.

Top 4 in a top RPI conference
    Great record the last 12 games
    No bad losses

We will be in
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It’s common sense that they’re not skipping us to put 4 other teams in the tourney. No way. If the SEC gets 8 in like people claim, they’re not leaving a top 4 team out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    What a few here are saying is that if the SEC gets in 8 even 7 teams like EVERYONE has said we are for over a month now , and we finish top 4 it?s going to be almost impossible to take 4 or 5 teams in over us . If the committee only takes 5 or 6 teams then yeah we are probably left out, unless we win a game maybe 2 in the tourney .
    We keep wining other sec teams will be losing , we keep playing ourselves in other teams keep playing their way out.

Basically we are using common sense. Palm can say last 10- 15 games don?t matter whatever. Joey Brackets just referenced AM and Oklahoma playing their way out of the tourney because how they have played last couple of weeks. So common sense tells you that their last 10 games or so means a lot.
    I fully understand the logic, but it's not going to be taken into consideration. They evaluate off of those resume sheets and conference record, standing, nor last 10 games is criteria they use. Palm isn't just making this up. The NCAA released this info to him. I still think we have a really good chance of making it, but some of the things y'all are citing won't be a factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    It’s common sense that they’re not skipping us to put 4 other teams in the tourney. No way. If the SEC gets 8 in like people claim, they’re not leaving a top 4 team out.
    In 2011 they left out 12-4 Alabama but took 10-6 Kentucky, 9-7 Vanderbilt, 9-7 Georgia, and 8-8 Tennessee.

Just saying it can happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm educated enough. If we finish top 4 in the SEC- we are in. The committee will not take 3-4 SEC teams over the team that finished 4th- I promise you.

Top 4 in a top RPI conference
    Great record the last 12 games
    No bad losses

We will be in
    Is Vandy not considered a bad loss? I know it was on the road, but in my mind it was a REALLY bad loss.

vCash
    I fully understand the logic, but it's not going to be taken into consideration. They evaluate off of those resume sheets and conference record, standing, nor last 10 games is criteria they use. Palm isn't just making this up. The NCAA released this info to him. I still think we have a really good chance of making it, but some of the things y'all are citing won't be a factor.
    If you concede conference record will be considered, it stands to reason that finish is considered. For example, if the NCAA is considering aTm (7-11) vs state (11-7)... any idiot can see that we finished much higher in sec standing than aTm whether they look at the standings or not. Now state vs western Kentucky, the finish in sec is probably not considered

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    In 2011 they left out 12-4 Alabama but took 10-6 Kentucky, 9-7 Vanderbilt, 9-7 Georgia, and 8-8 Tennessee.

Just saying it can happen.
    In 2011, there were divisions. I will bet that the west side was garbage in 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    In 2011, there were divisions. I will bet that the west side was garbage in 2011
    No doubt. But the key takeaway is that the Committee skipped a team in favor of 4 teams with a worse conference record due to SOS issues this decade in the 68 team era. We shouldn't pretend like it's impossible that it could happen again.

vCash
    I’ve seen on other boards people saying Howland has pull with the committee. Is that a factor?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I’ve seen on other boards people saying Howland has pull with the committee. Is that a factor?
    You bet it does. They will pump the Howland story pretty good. I've got to imagine if we finish 3-0 and get the double bye they can't possibly leave us out. And I think Howland being our coach is going to help that. In the minds of that committee, you have to think the name Ben Howland is going to cross their mind at some point.

vCash
    One fun fact is that in our Final Four year (1996), we lost to a weak Ole Miss team late in the season and put into question whether we'd make the tourney. Of course, beating KY in the SECT put that question to rest. (It was already at rest as we were already a lock by that time)/

This team is pretty good. I like our chances against anybody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you concede conference record will be considered, it stands to reason that finish is considered. For example, if the NCAA is considering aTm (7-11) vs state (11-7)... any idiot can see that we finished much higher in sec standing than aTm whether they look at the standings or not. Now state vs western Kentucky, the finish in sec is probably not considered
    I do not concede that. It's not considered. Check the link.

vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    Win next 3 and 1 in SECT and we are in.... PERIOD.... Winning will take care of everything..