Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What an SEC mess heading into tomorrow and Saturday

vCash
    If the formula was exact everyone would have almost identical brackets. Last four in , first 4 out , next four out. Ect
    Example is USA today bracket guru
    He has ****ing LSU in the first four out, with Msu next four out.
    Palm I don’t think even has us in next four out and has LSU no where
    Joey Brackets has us next 4 out and LSU no where.

Bottom is like Coach34 and I and few others have said handle ur business, win the next 3 and we will play our way in.

vCash
    Is Pipedream a Landshart?

He seems to have an underlying agenda to his argument.

And a post count in the 30’s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Is Pipedream a Landshart?

He seems to have an underlying agenda to his argument.

And a post count in the 30’s.
    I post about what I know and not about what I think. My agenda is apparently teaching reading comprehension. You want a copy of my degree, post count nazi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    If the formula was exact everyone would have almost identical brackets. Last four in , first 4 out , next four out. Ect
    Example is USA today bracket guru
    He has ****ing LSU in the first four out, with Msu next four out.
    Palm I don’t think even has us in next four out and has LSU no where
    Joey Brackets has us next 4 out and LSU no where.

Bottom is like Coach34 and I and few others have said handle ur business, win the next 3 and we will play our way in.
    I’ve yet to disagree with anyone that says we’ll get left out at 11-7. The disparity between the brackets is due to not every bracket being updated every day. Some do it once or twice a week, others every day. Tough to critique accuracy when they’re not apples to apples on info. By the time Selection Sunday rolls around everyone’s will be the same save last few in.

vCash
    They also look at what you have done in your last ten games. We have won six of our last eight and if we go 3-0 to finish the season we will have won nine of our last eleven. That will get you in all other things considered. They want hot teams in the tournament period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    I post about what I know and not about what I think. My agenda is apparently teaching reading comprehension. You want a copy of my degree, post count nazi?
    But you don’t know. That’s the point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    But you don?t know. That?s the point.
    First off, they don't consider last 10 games or last 5 games. Its nonconsequential as a stand alone metric. I know enough to be able to read what the NCAA releases that they take into consideration for prospective tournament teams. If a teacher gave you a practice test and said that everything on the practice test would be on the real test, would most of y'all be like "na, she's bluffing. she doesn't know what she's talking about" ? Because that's basically what has happened when discussing the team sheets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    First off, they don't consider last 10 games or last 5 games. Its nonconsequential as a stand alone metric. I know enough to be able to read what the NCAA releases that they take into consideration for prospective tournament teams. If a teacher gave you a practice test and said that everything on the practice test would be on the real test, would most of y'all be like "na, she's bluffing. she doesn't know what she's talking about" ? Because that's basically what has happened when discussing the team sheets.
    I know you are smart enough to know there will be a human element. If it were just fill out those worksheets and those teams get in, a computer could wrap it up 1 min after the last championship game, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I know you are smart enough to know there will be a human element. If it were just fill out those worksheets and those teams get in, a computer could wrap it up 1 min after the last championship game, no?
    Yeah, I mean these are humans so that no doubt will be the case, but the majority of that will come via which metrics each person places more emphasis on i.e. predictive vs results based or SOS or ncSOS or Q1+Q2 wins or Q3+Q4 losses. There's so many things they're looking at it will be easy for some of the committee to cherry pick, but they've added an average of all the metrics to kind of distill it all down to a number for each team to simplify it for them. All I've said from the beginning is that if you're looking for ratings or rankings that would provide some clarity on State's position for selection-conference standings nor record are not something that need to be used (along with last X games) because they're not going to be on the team sheets.

vCash
    They will be more likely to take us if we win 9 of 11 than taking aTm losing however many in a row.

vCash
    How you playing at the end of the season good or bad certainly bears on the consideration you get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    How you playing at the end of the season good or bad certainly bears on the consideration you get.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    That is the human element of picking the brackets. If a team had lost it's first 8 or 9 games with only 1 bad loss then won 20 or so games in a row then I would be surprised if that team wasn't in over someone who won their first 20 but was on a 8 game losing streak. It all boils down to us taking care of business down the stretch. We are pretty much still on the bubble so we need to win some more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    That is the human element of picking the brackets. If a team had lost it's first 8 or 9 games with only 1 bad loss then won 20 or so games in a row then I would be surprised if that team wasn't in over someone who won their first 20 but was on a 8 game losing streak. It all boils down to us taking care of business down the stretch. We are pretty much still on the bubble so we need to win some more.
    We have been more and more consistent as the season has progressed. Also, we are capable of playing at a high level.

I think we will make the tourney. But that's just my maroon gut. I haven't looked at the tea leaves.

vCash
    I can’t wait to see us left out of the big tourney, so that Pipedream can say “I told you so”.