Stop the crazy thought and give up now. Its not worth the life altering that could possibly happen. I started turkey hunting in 2012, when I was 29, and now i would give up all other outdoor activities if I absolutely had to chose. I didnt really have a mentor. I picked the brain of a few good turkey hunters every now and then, but mostly learned from trial and error. The number 1 priority in turkey hunting is to have a property with turkeys. I know that sounds like a "duh" statement, but those places are becoming scarce. You have opened this can of worms, so Im probably about to go into way more detail than you want.

I dont have many great calling tips, because Im still learning in this dept. i can tell you...i feel its best to call less and listen more. The amount I call is dictated by the bird. Try to get efficient at using 2 different calls. It can be beneficial just to change it up every now and then. Im good with a slate and average with a mouth call. Working on my box call lately, but cant seem to get it. My 1 calling tip doesnt actually involve a turkey call. When you have a turkey coming in/hung up within a 100 yards, scratch the leaves. Just 3-4 quick scratched will imitate a turkey scratching. It has worked for me many times

My 3 greatest tips:
1) Be patient. This requires a good pad to sit on and patience. If your in an area with gobblers, but not hearing them, sit and call every 30 minutes or so. Start with low volume (in case one has snuck in quietly) Cluck/purrs and then a few yelps. If you have a bird gobbling but now coming in, be patient. Some of the similar call sequences I just described. I find gobblers like when you call sparingly and play hard-to-get. They get more curious. Your going to have the birds that gobble at every call you make and coming running the more you call, but I find that the exception more than the rule

2) learn to pattern/track turkeys. (woodsmanship) Know your properties well. Look for sign such as scratching in the woods, tracks on the road, dust bowls. Listen for turkeys gobbling on the roost right at dusk.

3) hunt mid day if you have the chance. Mid day hunting (10-2) has taught me more than I can ever explain. Typically, if you have a mid-day, gobbling turkey he is willing to play and more susceptible to calling. This is the time of day when hens go to nest and gobblers are searching for a mate.