Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
So are we throwing the eye test completely out the window? Thought that was a key factor as well. If the eye test really does count as much as these clowns say it does we are in with a 10-8 conference record. At some point these talking heads have to be held accountable and have to be forced to stop talking out of their Merlins. They can?t keep spewing shit for 3 months and backtracking when their team sucks.
Head to head does matter which would be your "eye test" of a single game. aTm is an odd example as they looked better than Duke for two straight months and then have had non-stop suspensions and injuries that have really derailed them. If it's me in charge I am not putting aTm in if they finish 7-11 in the SEC. They are clearly not the same team they were at the beginning of the year. I do think in their case the committee is going to look at their injuries, suspensions and stumble to the end and they will punish them by placing them in the first four games. Our problem isn't aTm necessarily it's the other 20 teams on the bubble that will all be feeling jaded if we get in without clearly showing we deserve it because every single one of them has a much better OOC than us. We are in the 300's for OOC strength of schedule. That's like trying to win a boxing match after losing all of the first 8 rounds. Can we still get in? Yes but it's gonna take us winning all our games in the regular season and 1 in the SECT. When I said yesterday was the start of do or die for us I wasn't joking. We are in elimination mode for the NCAAT. Survive and advance.