Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do we have to do to get into the Big Dance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Add 1 win in St. Louis & that's the correct answer. A loss in the 1st game would make us have to do some unnecessary sweating.
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    3-0 to finish and we are in. A Top 5 SEC team with the conference RPI is not getting left out.
    I think I saw that if we when out, the lowest seed we could get is a 4. No way they leave us out if that happens

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Win 3 more and in. Tonight?s win was huge.

vCash
    Good old Joe has them as the next four out, which is the four out behind the first four out so it should be called one of the last 8 out. I think a win vs South Carolina and Tennessee would move them either into the last four in or the first four out. Then they would need to see where the chips fall from there. If I had to guess if they win out the regular season they are in. They will beat whoever they play in first round of sec tournament if they are good enough to finish season 9-2. If they loose any of the next three games they are going to be either the first team out or last team in. I think it would be that close. If they loose 2 of the last three, they are out.

vCash
    The thing that a lot of you are not taking into account is that because of our weak OCS they will be looking for reasons to leave us out, not for reasons to take us.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The thing that a lot of you are not taking into account is that because of our weak OCS they will be looking for reasons to leave us out, not for reasons to take us.
    If we finish 11-7 in 1 of the toughest leagues in the country winning 9 of their last 11 regular season games, they'll be talking about how no one wants to face us in the tourney.

vCash
    If we finish 11-7 in 1 of the toughest leagues in the country winning 9 of their last 11 regular season games, they'll be talking about how no one wants to face us in the tourney.
    Hopefully you are right.

Banned
    vCash
    the whole selection process sucks ass. A&M could lose the rest of their remaining games and they are already in. That's 17ing is insane. giving more weight to having your ass handed to you by a good team than soundly beating a lesser team. 17 that. we shouldn't be fighting for our lives to get in like we are based on our overall SEC play. PERIOD. this 17ing sucks.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Haven?t you learned that your sound logic is not appreciated here? These people want to melt like a snowball in July at the drop of a hat. I think 10-8 gets us in after last night and our two shit losses due to referees. They?ve been saying 8-9 SEC teams in tourney this year. I?m still waiting on someone to make an argument that we aren?t in the top 6. Let alone 8-9.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    we are winning the SEC tourney.
    No Signature

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Haven?t you learned that your sound logic is not appreciated here? These people want to melt like a snowball in July at the drop of a hat. I think 10-8 gets us in after last night and our two shit losses due to referees. They?ve been saying 8-9 SEC teams in tourney this year. I?m still waiting on someone to make an argument that we aren?t in the top 6. Let alone 8-9.
    During this entire time they have been saying 8 SEC teams are getting in not once have they listed MSU amongst the 8. The simple fact is guys we are having to scramble to make up serious ground that our OOC put us in. Yes we looked a lot better than Texas A&M last night but and this is a big but aTm looked a whole lot better than us for all of Nov and Dec. They looked so good then they made it to being ranked #5 in the country. We haven't even sniffed the top 25 all year. They take the entire year into consideration not just the SEC. If we don't ever want to have this feeling of scrambling to make up Howland MUST MUST MUST schedule a top 100 OOC SOS moving forward. Had he done that this year and we had survived it with a 12-1 record we would be a 5 or 6 seed right now not still on the outside.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    we are winning the SEC tourney.
    If we finish 3-0 we have a pretty good shot. We'll have to beat Kentucky to do it as I think they are about to get really hot.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    During this entire time they have been saying 8 SEC teams are getting in not once have they listed MSU amongst the 8. The simple fact is guys we are having to scramble to make up serious ground that our OOC put us in. Yes we looked a lot better than Texas A&M last night but and this is a big but aTm looked a whole lot better than us for all of Nov and Dec. They looked so good then they made it to being ranked #5 in the country. We haven't even sniffed the top 25 all year. They take the entire year into consideration not just the SEC. If we don't ever want to have this feeling of scrambling to make up Howland MUST MUST MUST schedule a top 100 OOC SOS moving forward. Had he done that this year and we had survived it with a 12-1 record we would be a 5 or 6 seed right now not still on the outside.
    So are we throwing the eye test completely out the window? Thought that was a key factor as well. If the eye test really does count as much as these clowns say it does we are in with a 10-8 conference record. At some point these talking heads have to be held accountable and have to be forced to stop talking out of their Merlins. They can?t keep spewing shit for 3 months and backtracking when their team sucks.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    So are we throwing the eye test completely out the window? Thought that was a key factor as well. If the eye test really does count as much as these clowns say it does we are in with a 10-8 conference record. At some point these talking heads have to be held accountable and have to be forced to stop talking out of their Merlins. They can?t keep spewing shit for 3 months and backtracking when their team sucks.
    Head to head does matter which would be your "eye test" of a single game. aTm is an odd example as they looked better than Duke for two straight months and then have had non-stop suspensions and injuries that have really derailed them. If it's me in charge I am not putting aTm in if they finish 7-11 in the SEC. They are clearly not the same team they were at the beginning of the year. I do think in their case the committee is going to look at their injuries, suspensions and stumble to the end and they will punish them by placing them in the first four games. Our problem isn't aTm necessarily it's the other 20 teams on the bubble that will all be feeling jaded if we get in without clearly showing we deserve it because every single one of them has a much better OOC than us. We are in the 300's for OOC strength of schedule. That's like trying to win a boxing match after losing all of the first 8 rounds. Can we still get in? Yes but it's gonna take us winning all our games in the regular season and 1 in the SECT. When I said yesterday was the start of do or die for us I wasn't joking. We are in elimination mode for the NCAAT. Survive and advance.

vCash
    If A&M loses 3 more to go 7-11, they arent getting in
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Go look at the other thread where someone posted a NCAA team sheet the committee uses to evaluate teams under the new set up. We don't rank very high in that stuff. It sucks but it's what we are dealing with. The OCS is killing us. We needed it at the time, but its an anchor around our necks now. We HAVE to have 3 more wins, and most likely 4.

vCash
    This is the correct answer. 11-7 and a top 5 finish in the SEC gets us in. End of story.
    As long as our RPI is around 40, I agree. I think it may take another 1-2 wins in the SECT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Go look at the other thread where someone posted a NCAA team sheet the committee uses to evaluate teams under the new set up. We don't rank very high in that stuff. It sucks but it's what we are dealing with. The OCS is killing us. We needed it at the time, but its an anchor around our necks now. We HAVE to have 3 more wins, and most likely 4.
    3-0 and a top 4 finish gets us in. End of story
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    I agree with this but I'd like 1 win in the SECT too just to make sure.

vCash
    Ageed. At least 1 win in the SEC tourney sure would be nice though