Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay Johnson(Arizona)

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Jay Johnson(Arizona)

Don't be suprised if he is not the first candidate to interview. I'm not saying he ends up getting the job(he very well could) but remember this thread when you start hearing his name a ton when the season starts winding down.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    We will have JoMo and JayJo. Cool.

vCash
    I like west coach coaching for the SEC, is the Oregon State coach off limits

The OSU coach probably make less than MSU football recruiting coordinator, MSU would be quite the raise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

The OSU coach probably make less than MSU football recruiting coordinator, MSU would be quite the raise
    As much as our fans thought Cohen bunted too much we probably need to stay away from anyone on the West Coast.

I actually think we had the right formula with the Cann hire- it's just that he screwed himself up. That does not mean that hiring another young coach like Cann would result in the same transgressions.

Ideally we would hire a combination of a Cann as a head coach and a Wes Johnson as a pitching coach. And allow them to build their program instead of rush into it like Wes did trying to get quick results because we hired him pretty close to after fall was over. I'll add I think it would be good if one of the assistants was a catching guru. We've been lacking there since Ed Easley went pro except for maybe Kruger.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Don't be suprised if he is not the first candidate to interview. I'm not saying he ends up getting the job(he very well could) but remember this thread when you start hearing his name a ton when the season starts winding down.
    Is this because Cohen recommended him for that job or something else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    nah

vCash
    We just need to make sure our next coach is like Polk, in that he doesn't like women! He just loves baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    We just need to make sure our next coach is like Polk, in that he doesn't like women! He just loves baseball.
    We never had these problemz when we hadz Rooooooonnnnn Polk.**

I don't think I could stomach Polk III. And I don't think Polk would work for Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We never had these problemz when we hadz Rooooooonnnnn Polk.**

I don't think I could stomach Polk III. And I don't think Polk would work for Cohen.
    Polk probably doesn’t use a cell phone or have a twitter account, so d pics would never be a problem for him

vCash
    Polk probably doesn’t use a cell phone or have a twitter account, so d pics would never be a problem for him
    `I see him on twitter all the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Yeah. And he has a flip phone. I'm being dead serious.

vCash
    Yeah. And he has a flip phone. I'm being dead serious.
    What. A. Beast. I respect that

vCash

The Osu coach starts a registered sex offender on Friday nights. Just so you know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The Osu coach starts a registered sex offender on Friday nights. Just so you know
    Doesn't that pitchers family say he's innocent or something like that too? (sorry for the hijack)

I agree overall with what you are saying- I would cut Babe Ruth over that.

Did Oregon State know about it before hand? Because didn't the way everyone found was he didn't register one month and got popped for it?

vCash
    As much as our fans thought Cohen bunted too much we probably need to stay away from anyone on the West Coast.

I actually think we had the right formula with the Cann hire- it's just that he screwed himself up. That does not mean that hiring another young coach like Cann would result in the same transgressions.

Ideally we would hire a combination of a Cann as a head coach and a Wes Johnson as a pitching coach. And allow them to build their program instead of rush into it like Wes did trying to get quick results because we hired him pretty close to after fall was over. I'll add I think it would be good if one of the assistants was a catching guru. We've been lacking there since Ed Easley went pro except for maybe Kruger.
    If we can’t get a proven guy, then it’s time to stop talking about our program like it’s still 1985. If we’re a blue blood, we get a proven coach. This isn’t MSU football.

vCash
    Doesn't that pitchers family say he's innocent or something like that too? (sorry for the hijack)

I agree overall with what you are saying- I would cut Babe Ruth over that.

Did Oregon State know about it before hand? Because didn't the way everyone found was he didn't register one month and got popped for it?
    Welp, I researched Pat Casey a bit and he is a committed beaver. He even rejected interest in the Texas job. Also he makes +$1M

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Damn. When did twitter come out with a typewriter app?

vCash

Not really. Oregon authorities thought he needed to register. Filed some form or something. Turns out they were wrong. So he was "outted" on a mistake of someone else's doing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    This was only a joke by the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So he's committed to winning. Sounds like what we need**