Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dispatch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I remember John Bramlett spoke at my high school FCA meeting once. Early 90's. I was probably 16 at the time. He asked the girls to leave for a few minutes and the only thing I remember him saying was "you can't say no once your dick gets hard."

I'm not paraphrasing, that's exactly what he said.
    Holy shit...at a high school FCA meeting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That was basically our baseball coach - no one cared because of all the winning. I still wouldn't care, you know - because of the winning and recruiting at elite level thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    That was basically our baseball coach - no one cared because of all the winning. I still wouldn't care, you know - because of the winning and recruiting at elite level thing.
    Yeah, good points. I guess I hadn't really put it all together, but you're right. Perspective is everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Or Maybe Bo was full of shit.
    I vote for this.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Cann is an example of why we need to be hiring proven coaches. If we can't do that this time- with so much time to find someone, the best facilities in the country, and the tradition, then we aren't the program we all believe we are and it's time to realize it.
    I agree with this 100 percent!!!!! Rep given
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Hey guys, did the team know about this last Friday?

If our boys were totally in freak-out over their coach, it explains our collapse and it means these three games don’t define our season.

We are fortunate to have Henderson for continuity and HC experience to call upon.

vCash
    Bottom line is that when he is our coach we almost always look past their faults. We loved Mullen (for the most part) when he was running his mouth and giving the bears shit and beating the shit out of Nutt. He was our jerk. Now when we see him doing the same shit at UF to UGA, he looks like a prick.

Cann is from Mandeville, brah. Mandeville. The only thing he was missing was frosted tips and lights under his car. Of course when you are getting commits from top flight recruits and taking average teams to Super Regionals, I DON'T GIVE ONE SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THAT! Of course he came off as a d-bag, the guy wore a ski hat while working out. I mean, does anyone like that guy at the gym? Of course not, but if you are taking my dogs to super regionals and recruiting studs from across the south to play at MSU, then I don't care if you the guy with the water gallon jug, with a ski cap, with male yoga pants, with Axe body spray, and frosted tips.

I just hate it for his family. Kids don't deserve it and neither does his wife. If true about delivery being soon, this is beyond tragic for her and her family.
    Why did this guy pop in my head after that description?

vCash
    Bottom line is that when he is our coach we almost always look past their faults. We loved Mullen (for the most part) when he was running his mouth and giving the bears shit and beating the shit out of Nutt. He was our jerk. Now when we see him doing the same shit at UF to UGA, he looks like a prick.

Cann is from Mandeville, brah. Mandeville. The only thing he was missing was frosted tips and lights under his car. Of course when you are getting commits from top flight recruits and taking average teams to Super Regionals, I DON'T GIVE ONE SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THAT! Of course he came off as a d-bag, the guy wore a ski hat while working out. I mean, does anyone like that guy at the gym? Of course not, but if you are taking my dogs to super regionals and recruiting studs from across the south to play at MSU, then I don't care if you the guy with the water gallon jug, with a ski cap, with male yoga pants, with Axe body spray, and frosted tips.

I just hate it for his family. Kids don't deserve it and neither does his wife. If true about delivery being soon, this is beyond tragic for her and her family.
    This is one of my favorite posts here, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    In retrospect I know another dude like this and the narcissistism that drives the behavior is potentially a problem. From watching SEC Network, we even know he likes to text ?swollen up? pictures at 5am.

Once you are 40 and have some kids, this stuff is questionable at the very least.

What I don?t understand is why a private relationship is getting him fired? Were pictures going to be posted by Strickland? Were players and recruits being informed by rival groups? Was the 6-ish blonde suing MSU? Was he ?me too?ed?? What about Dan Mullen, wasn?t the lady in question his Goomar, not Cann?s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

wasn?t the lady in question his Goomar, not Cann?s

vCash

Hahah, this is spot on.

vCash
    Bottom line is that he was banging someone that was either a student or in the athletics department, that is a pretty big no-no. Not sure how the story broke, but considering his latest videos of wearing ski caps indoors while shooting hoops and lifting weights, I'm not sure we are dealing with someone that was worried about appearances.

vCash
    Bottom line is that he was banging someone that was either a student or in the athletics department, that is a pretty big no-no. Not sure how the story broke, but considering his latest videos of wearing ski caps indoors while shooting hoops and lifting weights, I'm not sure we are dealing with someone that was worried about appearances.

The coaching search will be very different this time. The IB made the best hire he could in November 2016. Most proven coaches aren't picking up in the middle of fall practice.

vCash
    Yeah, but what about Mullen? Is this not his problem equally to Cannizzaro?

Seems we are lucky Moorehead and Henderson are on-site and ready to go. This would have nuked two sports about 6 months ago

vCash

Great Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Kind a gives a little more insight as to why our team looked unprepared and played like the bad news bears. Their Coach was to busy with things other than baseball. Man, Cann let so many people down, most importantly he let down his wife and children big time.
    You've given me a lot of rep over the years. Now it's my turn to give you some rep.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Bo Bounds insinuated there were rumors about Cann before he took the State job. He didn't elaborate but said Cohen should have dug a little deeper on him. Evidently he had a rep as a man whore.
    Of course he said that...he knew all along...

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Or Maybe Bo was full of shit.
    Yea, no doesn?t know dick. He can?t even get inside scoop on JA or Jackson Prep tennis. What makes you think he knows about this?

My source did say that people were warned that Cann wasn?t the sharpest pencil in the box. That was his biggest knock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You've given me a lot of rep over the years. Now it's my turn to give you some rep.
    Thank you, Todd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    In retrospect I know another dude like this and the narcissistism that drives the behavior is potentially a problem. From watching SEC Network, we even know he likes to text ?swollen up? pictures at 5am.

Once you are 40 and have some kids, this stuff is questionable at the very least.

What I don?t understand is why a private relationship is getting him fired? Were pictures going to be posted by Strickland? Were players and recruits being informed by rival groups? Was the 6-ish blonde suing MSU? Was he ?me too?ed?? What about Dan Mullen, wasn?t the lady in question his Goomar, not Cann?s
    There is a pretty much standard clause in every coach’s contract now that covers this. It gets you fired at most places.