Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Dispatch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Holy shit...at a high school FCA meeting?
    Yes. There's a reason it's still burned into my mind 25 years later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    In retrospect I know another dude like this and the narcissistism that drives the behavior is potentially a problem. From watching SEC Network, we even know he likes to text ?swollen up? pictures at 5am.

Once you are 40 and have some kids, this stuff is questionable at the very least.

What I don?t understand is why a private relationship is getting him fired? Were pictures going to be posted by Strickland? Were players and recruits being informed by rival groups? Was the 6-ish blonde suing MSU? Was he ?me too?ed?? What about Dan Mullen, wasn?t the lady in question his Goomar, not Cann?s
    His contract.... is the reason...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    There is a pretty much standard clause in every coach?s contract now that covers this. It gets you fired at most places.
    Yep, most places you would get fired. Probably not at Ole Miss and its apparently even encouraged at Louisville (see Pitino and Petrino).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Bottom line is that when he is our coach we almost always look past their faults. We loved Mullen (for the most part) when he was running his mouth and giving the bears shit and beating the shit out of Nutt. He was our jerk. Now when we see him doing the same shit at UF to UGA, he looks like a prick.

Cann is from Mandeville, brah. Mandeville. The only thing he was missing was frosted tips and lights under his car. Of course when you are getting commits from top flight recruits and taking average teams to Super Regionals, I DON'T GIVE ONE SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THAT! Of course he came off as a d-bag, the guy wore a ski hat while working out. I mean, does anyone like that guy at the gym? Of course not, but if you are taking my dogs to super regionals and recruiting studs from across the south to play at MSU, then I don't care if you the guy with the water gallon jug, with a ski cap, with male yoga pants, with Axe body spray, and frosted tips.

I just hate it for his family. Kids don't deserve it and neither does his wife. If true about delivery being soon, this is beyond tragic for her and her family.
    Agree with your sentiment in general, but really, as it applies to AC, what faults did we KNOW about until this bombshell dropped? I mean the dude has been the toast of the town in Starkville for a year and a half. Hadn't heard a negative word about him from anyone personally or professionally, not even from any anonymous message board posters. People that may have known some negative stuff obviously kept their mouth shut about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Bottom line is that when he is our coach we almost always look past their faults. We loved Mullen (for the most part) when he was running his mouth and giving the bears shit and beating the shit out of Nutt. He was our jerk. Now when we see him doing the same shit at UF to UGA, he looks like a prick.

Cann is from Mandeville, brah. Mandeville. The only thing he was missing was frosted tips and lights under his car. Of course when you are getting commits from top flight recruits and taking average teams to Super Regionals, I DON'T GIVE ONE SHIT ABOUT ANY OF THAT! Of course he came off as a d-bag, the guy wore a ski hat while working out. I mean, does anyone like that guy at the gym? Of course not, but if you are taking my dogs to super regionals and recruiting studs from across the south to play at MSU, then I don't care if you the guy with the water gallon jug, with a ski cap, with male yoga pants, with Axe body spray, and frosted tips.

I just hate it for his family. Kids don't deserve it and neither does his wife. If true about delivery being soon, this is beyond tragic for her and her family.
    Yeah, exactly right.

vCash
    Heard some rumors this morning from someone that works in the AD.

1) Cann requested use of the school jet about a month ago to fly to Texas but he went to Gainesville instead.

2) Mullen is not out of this. This could get embarrassing for him too. The phone stuff just isn't her and Cann.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

1) Cann requested use of the school jet about a month ago to fly to Texas but he went to Gainesville instead.

2) Mullen is not out of this. This could get embarrassing for him too. The phone stuff just isn't her and Cann.
    Did he think he could hide the fact he used a jet owned by the university and registered with the FAA to go to a completely different part of the country than what he requested it for? Man's dumb.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash

I’m interested in this right here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    Did he think he could hide the fact he used a jet owned by the university and registered with the FAA to go to a completely different part of the country than what he requested it for? Man's dumb.
    Sometimes people that reach his station in life think they're untouchable. 10 foot tall and bulletproof. Eventually it all comes out. I agree he wasn't very bright.

vCash

If Mullen is proven to be involved with his own recruiting coordinator that would be bad news for him given the boss-subordinate relationship there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Cann is an example of why we need to be hiring proven coaches. If we can't do that this time- with so much time to find someone, the best facilities in the country, and the tradition, then we aren't the program we all believe we are and it's time to realize it.
    Good point. If we are an elite program, we shouldn?t have to hire up & comers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    You'd think he'd go see his girlfriend at his own expense, on his own time. If he did that, it's worse than dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    ISWYDT

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Pay attention to #2 here. There are FOIA requests for she and and Dons phones as we speak. There are some hungry underpaid journalists setting up shop in the swamp. Their main target is Merlin?s. Secondary target is Loafers. These journalists know Loafers was covering up when he was in Stark and they know she recruits Dons D more than actual players. Bout to get real. Benedict Arnold always loses in the end.

vCash
    Just had an interesting twitter convo with Brant Blaylock's mom. Was tweeting yesterday with someone about Brant and how we thought he would turn out to be a big loss to us in the same way as Luke Reynolds. Great kid, lots of talent, leader and dreamed of playing for State. He's playing really well for his JUCO and is committed to Southern Miss. She plainly stated that Cann was the reason he left because he "knew what wasn't good for him." This kid is not a "problem" kid. This is the kind of young man any program needs and wants. He didn't leave because of playing time, he didn't leave because of disciplinary reasons...he left because Cann and the evironment he created "wasn't good for him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If Mullen is proven to be involved with his own recruiting coordinator that would be bad news for him given the boss-subordinate relationship there.
    Quid pro quo. And if a proven illicit relationship is uncovered, UF would have to terminate him. Stricklin would likely be out as well.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    To be honest, we are not the program everyone is still stuck in the 90?s on. We got passed up by some pretty shitty programs when we brought Polk back. Vandy and South Caroline are just two who passed us by. We are still a top 25 baseball program but we aren?t anywhere near where we should be. Thank LT for that.

Just putting this in perspective. At some point we have to stop stepping on our own Dick?s to take the next step and win something of meaning.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 02-21-2018 at 11:42 AM.