Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Some Thoughts On Potential Coaching Hires

vCash
    I don?t know how this season is gonna turn out. I do know that Henderson is going to have a calming effect on this team and I can see him getting max potential out of the players. I just don?t know how much that?s gonna get us this year with all that?s happened. I?m gonna be patient and let it play out. I hope for the players sake they have a good season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    - If Schlossnagle didn't take the Texas job when it was offered, he won't leave TCU for MSU. No reason not to ask him, though.
    - Tadlock has worked wonders in Lubbock - I'm convinced he was who Texas wanted but couldn't get through the no-Big XIII-teams clause in his contract. I bet we would be willing to stock several ponds on campus with catfish for him if that's what it takes.
    - Given Matt Deggs' baggage, I'm not sure a high-visibility, high-pressure job like ours is the best place for him, but he seems like a good fit. His redemption narrative seems more genuine and less self-serving than some coaches in the North Mississippi area.
    Maybe Schlossnagle didn't want to follow up Augie Garrido? Plus I think next season we should be a better situation and team than what Texas was when Garrido left. We have some quality arms to work with that should be all 100% recovered from Tommy John or whatever injury and all of our freshmen that are starting will be a year older plus we have juniors that I think will be back next year as seniors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don?t know how this season is gonna turn out. I do know that Henderson is going to have a calming effect on this team and I can see him getting max potential out of the players. I just don?t know how much that?s gonna get us this year with all that?s happened. I?m gonna be patient and let it play it. I hope for the players sake they have a good season
    It's comforting to me that he has SEC head coaching experience and success. That has to increase the odds of "turning it around" vs. "dumpster fire".

It's not like we're stuck with the student managers running the show or something like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's comforting to me that he has SEC head coaching experience and success. That has to increase the odds of "turning it around" vs. "dumpster fire".

It's not like we're stuck with the student managers running the show or something like that.
    That?s the way I see it too. Gary is very calm and poised. Just what these kids need right now.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Todd4State;891398]Go look at a list of who has even made it to the CWS finals all-time and then get back to me. Georgia has one National Title in football since 1980- would you consider them a blue blood program? I would. Those resources you mentioned are why we are a blueblood program.[/QUOTE

What's on our resume to prove our blue bloodedness? We have an appearance in the national finals and lost, we have one SEC championship in the last 28 years how does that resume stack up against LSU, TX, Miami and S Car in the last 20 years. Those are elite blue blood programs, they are what we are aspiring to be. If spending money, and selling out season tickets and having a great fan base makes a program a blue blood then that means you can technically buy that status and never really earn it.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Coursesuper;891535]
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Go look at a list of who has even made it to the CWS finals all-time and then get back to me. Georgia has one National Title in football since 1980- would you consider them a blue blood program? I would. Those resources you mentioned are why we are a blueblood program.[/QUOTE

What's on our resume to prove our blue bloodedness? We have an appearance in the national finals and lost, we have one SEC championship in the last 28 years how does that resume stack up against LSU, TX, Miami and S Car in the last 20 years. Those are elite blue blood programs, they are what we are aspiring to be. If spending money, and selling out season tickets and having a great fan base makes a program a blue blood then that means you can technically buy that status and never really earn it.
    We have 9 Omaha Trips. 17 SEC conf titles...7 SEC tourney titles....36 tourney appearances....thats a top 10 program.

You cant have it both ways. You cant say what have you done lately then say what have you done all time.

Lately our football program is top 25 at least... cant keep raising and lowering the bar to fit the narrative

vCash
    [QUOTE=BuckyIsAB****;891618]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post

We have 9 Omaha Trips. 17 SEC conf titles...7 SEC tourney titles....36 tourney appearances....thats a top 10 program.

You cant have it both ways. You cant say what have you done lately then say what have you done all time.

Lately our football program is top 25 at least... cant keep raising and lowering the bar to fit the narrative
    When did I say anything about lately, we have won nothing to make us elite, if you want to go all UNM though and talk about the good ole days before segregation go ahead. That still changes nothing, we have no national championships period. None in the last 20 or 30 or 50 much less 100 years. You can also take that narrative bullshit and walk, I at least have an open and honest opinion, I'm not trying to boost my narrative by stating stats from forever for or program.