Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
Todd I respect your opinion but I think you're taking it too far. Two weeks ago you said we were going to Omaha. Maybe there's a few bad apples that have a drug problem but we're not in need of a full reboot. Cann was a good coach and a good recruiter, and the guys on this team are good guys. This is a set back due to an off the field problem. If there is a drug culture on the team, then it's good Cann is leaving and we can hire a new coach who can flush it out quickly....or even I'm sure Henderson could flush it out - but I don't think there is a drug culture.
Maybe I am taking it too far. But the drugs are just one part of the overall problem. We have had more players suspended for drugs or DUI than at any other time I can remember. That can not be denied. That doesn't include Elih Marrero's DUI arrest.

And to be clear- I'm not saying that any of our players should be kicked off the team. Just that they should if they fail a drug test. We can reset the standard that we need to with the players we have and I'm fine if we do that. In fact I'll go as far as to say that gutting the roster isn't the solution.