Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Pretty Disgusted With the Entire Baseball Program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    Todd I respect your opinion but I think you're taking it too far. Two weeks ago you said we were going to Omaha. Maybe there's a few bad apples that have a drug problem but we're not in need of a full reboot. Cann was a good coach and a good recruiter, and the guys on this team are good guys. This is a set back due to an off the field problem. If there is a drug culture on the team, then it's good Cann is leaving and we can hire a new coach who can flush it out quickly....or even I'm sure Henderson could flush it out - but I don't think there is a drug culture.
    Maybe I am taking it too far. But the drugs are just one part of the overall problem. We have had more players suspended for drugs or DUI than at any other time I can remember. That can not be denied. That doesn't include Elih Marrero's DUI arrest.

And to be clear- I'm not saying that any of our players should be kicked off the team. Just that they should if they fail a drug test. We can reset the standard that we need to with the players we have and I'm fine if we do that. In fact I'll go as far as to say that gutting the roster isn't the solution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    She ain?t that hot. A solid 7 at best.
    elbows to pointy,huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This for me as an alumni is probably the most embarrassed I have ever been at MSU baseball. It's second to Renardo fighting Elgin Bailey but at the same time it's a very distant second.
    See this explains a lot. To me it's not even close. This is 100 times, no make that 1,000 times more embarrassing than a couple college kids getting in a fight. But maybe that's just me.

vCash
    She ain?t that hot. A solid 7 at best.
    Which is sadly what Cannizaro gave her.

vCash
    This is just stupid. There are a lot of married men who have turned down getting laid by willing women.
    Say it over and over so younger folks get it before they take down their families.

vCash
    This is just stupid. There are a lot of married men who have turned down getting laid by willing women.
    Good gosh man! It was a joke, drop the defenses dude, relax drink a beer, and quit taking yourself so seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    See this explains a lot. To me it's not even close. This is 100 times, no make that 1,000 times more embarrassing than a couple college kids getting in a fight. But maybe that's just me.
    What, you think he's the first coach to have an affair? Or is it just embarrassing that we took action and removed him from the job?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but more than a small percentage of men are guilty of mowing the neighbors lawn. These guys work high stress, long hour jobs that take them away from their families. When you throw being rich and young into the mix, it's almost more a matter of who gets caught rather than who does it.

I'm not saying it's right, far from it. But acting like it's some rare occurrence that we are above is foolish. You think this would have ever become public knowledge had he been taking care of business? Because I've got more news for you, this didn't just pop up over the weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    What, you think he's the first coach to have an affair? Or is it just embarrassing that we took action and removed him from the job?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but more than a small percentage of men are guilty of mowing the neighbors lawn. These guys work high stress, long hour jobs that take them away from their families. When you throw being rich and young into the mix, it's almost more a matter of who gets caught rather than who does it.

I'm not saying it's right, far from it. But acting like it's some rare occurrence that we are above is foolish. You think this would have ever become public knowledge had he been taking care of business? Because I've got more news for you, this didn't just pop up over the weekend.
    I think you are missing the comparison. I'm not saying a guy having an affair is some outlandish rare occurrence. I'm just saying it's more embarrassing than two college kids getting in a fight. And that's it. Don't read more into it than that. And the embarrassing part is having your coach, who everyone considered the golden boy, be fired one weekend into the season. And it will be talked about for the next 4 months.

vCash
    You think this would have ever become public knowledge had he been taking care of business? Because I've got more news for you, this didn't just pop up over the weekend.
    This. People have known for a while. But when it affects your ability to do your job, it becomes an issue.

vCash
    I think you are missing the comparison. I'm not saying a guy having an affair is some outlandish rare occurrence. I'm just saying it's more embarrassing than two college kids getting in a fight. And that's it. Don't read more into it than that. And the embarrassing part is having your coach, who everyone considered the golden boy, be fired one weekend into the season. And it will be talked about for the next 4 months.
    I think both lost control of their teams and they are equally bad looks from that perspective. The difference is this hasn't gone far enough for our players to be shaming the university on national TV. Right now it's contained to one coach's mistakes and that is all.

He's been here for a year, the damage is considerably less than your all time winningest coach running a program into a flaming mess. Obviously it would be better if this wasn't happening. But at least it's happening before long term damage is done, and the negative news is hung more on the individual than the school.

vCash
    I think both lost control of their teams and they are equally bad looks from that perspective. The difference is this hasn't gone far enough for our players to be shaming the university on national TV. Right now it's contained to one coach's mistakes and that is all.

He's been here for a year, the damage is considerably less than your all time winningest coach running a program into a flaming mess. Obviously it would be better if this wasn't happening. But at least it's happening before long term damage is done, and the negative news is hung more on the individual than the school.
    LMAO. This is about a golden boy coach with two kids and a pregnant wife getting fired for having an affair vs. two college kids getting in a fight. You can try all you want to make this about Stansbury or running the program in the ground, but you are failing. In the end, this embarrassing event will be talked about during every broadcast of our baseball games for the next 4 months. The fight was talked about for a couple of days. Next.

vCash
    LMAO. This is about a golden boy coach with two kids and a pregnant wife getting fired for having an affair vs. two college kids getting in a fight. You can try all you want to make this about Stansbury or running the program in the ground, but you are failing. In the end, this embarrassing event will be talked about during every broadcast of our baseball games for the next 4 months. The fight was talked about for a couple of days. Next.

The fight is still all anyone outside the state thinks of when they hear MSU basketball. This will be talked about for the next few months (and truthfully they will only mention that he stepped down because the details are still technically private), then more or less disappear with time, because on a national scale it's an abrupt coaching change, no more and no less.

You're getting hung up on details, that are important and unfortunate, but will ultimately be forgotten or never known at all by anyone outside the fanbase. For reference, nobody remembers Richard Williams, and he took us to a Final 4, fewer know the specifics of why he resigned. Things like this happen a lot and are really only magnified by the people effected (that's us).
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-20-2018 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    The fight is still all anyone outside the state thinks of when they hear MSU basketball. This will be talked about for the next few months then more or less disappear with time, because on a national scale it's an abrupt coaching change, no more and no less.
    I haven't heard it mentioned in so long that I can't remember the last time I remembered it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    I haven't heard it mentioned in so long that I can't remember the last time I remembered it.
    I was asked about it a few weeks ago. The guy literally knew nothing of our basketball program other than the fight and a huge bust who was supposed to be the next generation of ball player (didn't even know Sidney's name).

vCash
    You're comparing a fight broadcast on every single media outlet all night long vs. a head coach in a sport that no one outside of the Mississippi / Louisiana corridor gives two craps about. The most media attention this will get is 3 minutes on the Finebaum show.