Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: We are MSTATE - Cann Canned

vCash
    If all this is true then Cohen has the right to be pissed. Cohen went out on a limb to give a batting coach who never had any head coaching experience and hasn't been coaching very long a big time job. Say what you want but Miss Stat Baseball is top five job with probably the best baseball stadium in the country. I am not worried about losing Cann. By the way I have bigger bi-cep and I a at least four inches taller. My son was disappointed when he saw him in person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You really think we would fire Cann for having sex with a university of Florida employee? If Cann is fired, it will be for good reason
    My guess is the affair was when she was employed by us. Maybe that does not matter, but I doubt he is flying to Florida to get laid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    If/when we fire Cann it sets us back at least 5 years... Just damn, I thought he was the perfect fit. She must have too.
    Nick Mingione

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Steve Robertson posted to ?Expect some news in the morning?. It?s a VIP thread, so I couldn?t read it.
    He said he didn't know if there would be a press conference, but the details would come out tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Is there any way we can handle this without having to fire Cann?
    Absolutely. It's totally up to the employer. We can handle it however we chose to handle it.

If it were me and I were MSU I wouldn't say or put anything out at all and just pretend like it's a dumb rumor and move on. The alleged other party isn't at MSU anymore and she is more than legal age and it appears consensual.

Assuming that this is the first time Cann has done something "wrong" at work I would definitely write him up or whatever MSU does and tell him he's not getting a raise this year. I would then add that if he does it again, he's gone. If he wants counseling, we'll give it to him.

That's just how I would handle it based on what is rumored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    My guess is the affair was when she was employed by us. Maybe that does not matter, but I doubt he is flying to Florida to get laid.
    He went to our bowl game haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Huh?
    Yea he lost me on that too

vCash
    If/when we fire Cann it sets us back at least 5 years... Just damn, I thought he was the perfect fit. She must have too.
    I dont think it hurts us for hiring the next guy. Still one of the destination programs in the country. Henderson would be the best emergency HC in the country

vCash
    Well, if there is one thing that I absolutely 100% trust Cohen on it's hiring a baseball coach. And his football coach looks like a home run at first glance.

That said, let's see what happens. Some of us are jumping to conclusions myself included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Nick Mingione
    Butch Thompson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Doesn't shock me.
    Me neither. But it is disappointing.

vCash
    Absolutely. It's totally up to the employer. We can handle it however we chose to handle it.

If it were me and I were MSU I wouldn't say or put anything out at all and just pretend like it's a dumb rumor and move on. The alleged other party isn't at MSU anymore and she is more than legal age and it appears consensual.

Assuming that this is the first time Cann has done something "wrong" at work I would definitely write him up or whatever MSU does and tell him he's not getting a raise this year. I would then add that if he does it again, he's gone. If he wants counseling, we'll give it to him.

That's just how I would handle it based on what is rumored.
    This is the proper way to handle it.

Now, we are also assuming that he hadn?t already been warned.....

vCash
    Well, if there is one thing that I absolutely 100% trust Cohen on it's hiring a baseball coach. And his football coach looks like a home run at first glance.

That said, let's see what happens. Some of us are jumping to conclusions myself included.
    OK agreed. But it does affect at least 1 to 2 years of recruiting I'd think. We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully minds change tonight and Cann isn't canned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yea he lost me on that too
    Just a post earlier about the potential for a sexual harassment lawsuit if the affair had ended. Earlier in the thread someone asked how he could be fired. Something happened somewhere for this to come out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I dont think it hurts us for hiring the next guy. Still one of the destination programs in the country. Henderson would be the best emergency HC in the country
    I don't think it would either. It would wreck this season probably- but that may have been the case regardless based on this weekend. That sucks that our season could be over already- but it's sort of out of our control too.

My first phone call would be to this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Deggs

vCash
    Well it’s over. Team meeting tonight and Henderson is now the HC.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    This is going to cost us the CB in Memphis for football also. Just damn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    You wouldn't have heard the first word from them. They would have swept it under the rug faster than hell. Not our bunch. Got to have message board cred.
    Yep, I said the same thing essentially back early in the thread. Their administration would have covered it up along with their fanbase and kept going. Given the first post of this thread was "We are MState" it was pretty obvious we had already had some crap hit the fan. OM would have covered this all up and paid off whoever needed to be paid off to keep quiet.

vCash
    I don't think it would either. It would wreck this season probably- but that may have been the case regardless based on this weekend. That sucks that our season could be over already- but it's sort of out of our control too.

My first phone call would be to this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Deggs
    Teams have a way to fight back when all shit hits the fan. Henderson may surprise us with a good season given the circumstances

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Nick mingione
    Romans 5:8