Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Simply having an affair with a woman at most places is not a firable offense in and of itself. It would be if there happened to be harrassment in either direction, but if it's mutually agreeable it's OK, as long as your work didn't suffer, or you weren't actually doing it while supposed to be at work. Where I worked was a virtual Peyton Place.

I was kinda surprised they fired Freeze for his concubines. I suppose going to prostitutes casts a darker shadow on the university than it being one woman where it could possibly be a real passionate relationship, instead of just a let off steam type thing. He might still have been OK at OM without trying to cover it all up. Or there could be other elements that we don't know about.
You're right it's not a fireable offense at most places depending on who the two parties are- BUT there is a difference between someone "at will"- which is what most of us working stiffs are and someone under contract- which is what SEC coach is. If the contract has a clause that says that it's a fireable offense, then the coach is fired no matter who the two parties are.

As far as Freeze- I'm pretty sure they fired him because Tom Mars knew more than he let out and told them to fire Freeze or it was going to get worse for them.