Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: We are MSTATE - Cann Canned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    This is the proper way to handle it.

Now, we are also assuming that he hadn?t already been warned.....
    True. But I will also say that I am assuming that Cann is under contract and not an "at will" employee. I also don't know what is in his contract regarding things of this nature.

At any rate I still think the best way to handle it is how I stated it above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    OK agreed. But it does affect at least 1 to 2 years of recruiting I'd think. We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully minds change tonight and Cann isn't canned.
    I agree that it definitely could affect that. There's no question about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, I said the same thing essentially back early in the thread. Their administration would have covered it up along with their fanbase and kept going. Given the first post of this thread was "We are MState" it was pretty obvious we had already had some crap hit the fan. OM would have covered this all up and paid off whoever needed to be paid off to keep quiet.
    Some of you sound like you would want MSU to sweep it under the rug.

Banned
    vCash
    After last weekend, I'm starting to not give 2 17s. Insert the green frog.

vCash
    I think there is a lot more to this than just an affair with the former recruiting coordinator. Jay White called it "A Bombshell Rumor". I ain't getting that an athletic guy that likes to pump iron and a extremely good looking gal in another department hooking up on the side is a "Bombshell Rumor".

I also ain't getting that Cann is fired for it. There's more to it I'm thinking.

vCash
    It makes sense now that the Florida employee and her husband just got back from a Disney vacation. Seems like every couple on the splits hits up Disney to try and make it work before inevitably calling it quits.

vCash
    Found her Facebook page. She's definitely very attractive. Has a lot of wedding photos, so presumably she hasn't been married very long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, I said the same thing essentially back early in the thread. Their administration would have covered it up along with their fanbase and kept going. Given the first post of this thread was "We are MState" it was pretty obvious we had already had some crap hit the fan. OM would have covered this all up and paid off whoever needed to be paid off to keep quiet.
    I kind of disagree. They would acknowledge it and make fun of it and then laugh about how they covered it up because they are so much smarter than everyone else.

The reality of it is it's all about how the university chooses to handle their business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Some of you sound like you would want MSU to sweep it under the rug.
    Well, to be fair it's really none of our business even though we are alumni.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    True. But I will also say that I am assuming that Cann is under contract and not an "at will" employee. I also don't know what is in his contract regarding things of this nature.

At any rate I still think the best way to handle it is how I stated it above.
    Morality clause in every major contract. It will be for cause, with nothing further owed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    This is the proper way to handle it.

Now, we are also assuming that he hadn?t already been warned.....
    NONE of this makes any real sense unless the party now residing in FL went and got legal help to make him stop contacting her. She's been gone for over 2 months and this is just coming up NOW?? Got to be more than 2 consenting adults with no boss-employee relationship that had an affair and mutually ended it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I think there is a lot more to this than just an affair with the former recruiting coordinator. Jay White called it "A Bombshell Rumor". I ain't getting that an athletic guy that likes to pump iron and a extremely good looking gal in another department hooking up on the side is a "Bombshell Rumor".

I also ain't getting that Cann is fired for it. There's more to it I'm thinking.
    Sounds like reasonable thinking. There would have to be more if he was fired. The "more" could include lieing to the university about it, her "meTooing" or something like that.

vCash
    If we fire Cann over something that doesn?t make him unhirable he will be beating our ass dressed in purple and gold in a few years.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post

He meant blonde bombshell rumor.

vCash
    Simply having an affair with a woman at most places is not a firable offense in and of itself. It would be if there happened to be harrassment in either direction, but if it's mutually agreeable it's OK, as long as your work didn't suffer, or you weren't actually doing it while supposed to be at work. Where I worked was a virtual Peyton Place.

I was kinda surprised they fired Freeze for his concubines. I suppose going to prostitutes casts a darker shadow on the university than it being one woman where it could possibly be a real passionate relationship, instead of just a let off steam type thing. He might still have been OK at OM without trying to cover it all up. Or there could be other elements that we don't know about.
    Last edited by RocketDawg; 02-19-2018 at 11:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    Well it’s over. Team meeting tonight and Henderson is now the HC.
    Was it more than just adultery?

vCash
    Somehow, I feel like Luke Reynolds is responsible.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Luke cost us a natty and took down our coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    He meant blonde bombshell rumor.
    Ok. That makes sense. Still ain't getting why all the hubub, unless she broke it off and he wouldn't leave her alone. It became public knowledge somehow and maybe she is metooing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Luke had the photos..