Thread: I do not envy John Cohen

Banned
    vCash

I do not envy John Cohen

He has to decide on a baseball head coach. Once upon a time, the Head Baseball coach was chosen from the football coaching staff, with the promise of some extra pocket change to go with his football coaching salary. And, a lot of the players were football players trying to get out of Spring Practice.

NOW- it's an elite position, earning a 6 and 7-figure salary, competing with the Major Leagues for players. He's got to either bring back Henderson (for continuity sake), or make a massive home run hire like McDonnell or Schlossnagle.

I would like a coach who could convince recruits that playing at Mississippi State would be a much better career move, than playing in front of dozens of old guys and skanky cleat-chasers in Rookie-Single A ball.

vCash
    He screwed up our program because he wanted the AD job. I don’t feel sorry for him. He better choose wisely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He screwed up our program because he wanted the AD job. I don’t feel sorry for him. He better choose wisely.
    He didnt screw our baseball program up we have made supers 3 years in a row and a cws arguably one of the best 3 year runs we have had. Y’all act like we are LSU history wise. Fact- we aren’t. Potential is there, not sure John was the guy long term anyway. He is in a better position for us and has done a good job as an ad that is state through and through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    He didnt screw our baseball program up we have made supers 3 years in a row and a cws arguably one of the best 3 year runs we have had. Y’all act like we are LSU history wise. Fact- we aren’t. Potential is there, not sure John was the guy long term anyway. He is in a better position for us and has done a good job as an ad that is state through and through.
    Correct +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He screwed up our program because he wanted the AD job. I don?t feel sorry for him. He better choose wisely.
    So I take this to mean you've never taken a promotion or another job because it would " screw the program" that you were part of? Even if you felt you could improve said program by taking the promotion or job?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    So I take this to mean you've never taken a promotion or another job because it would " screw the program" that you were part of? Even if you felt you could improve said program by taking the promotion or job?
    Dude just has sour grapes right now. Give him a few days and he will come back to reality. We were all disappointed in the outcome last night and it has led to some interesting posts. Bottom line this team overachieved and we have been playing with house money since the regional. Was a good building block for the future and the guys busted their butts for this university. I couldn't be more proud of the way they have competed the last 3 weeks.

vCash
    I think I could deal with the pressure, based on salary alone.