Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tim Tebow batted .226 with 8 HRS & 52 RBI

vCash
    I don't think Tebow would move the needle much in NYC tbh. Yeah it'd be all over sports media, but i don't think the average NYCer will care enough to buy tix to watch a terrible team and an overpriced jersey for a guy that is purely there for media coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'd watch the Mets if he gets called up. So would half the baseball world. I hope he gets the call. Tebow, Bautista, Cespedes, Bruce, Reyes, DeGrom, Syndeergard, yeah I'd watch that team.
    So you like watching guys way past their prime playing out the end of their careers? Degrom and/or Syndergaard is/are gonna be playing elsewhere in a few weeks too.

Also, whoever mentioned a guy's prime going to 33, that ain't really the case. In the post-roids era, most guys are slowing down noticeably once the cross into their 30s, even many of the best players. Sure there's always some that maintain close to their prime into their mid-30s, but they are few and far between. And most of those guys didn't spend 10 or so years of their life getting the shit beat out of their body playing QB from HS to the nfl like they were a fullback.
    Last edited by dawgs; 07-12-2018 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    So you like watching guys way past their prime playing out the end of their careers? Degrom and/or Syndergaard is/are gonna be playing elsewhere in a few weeks too.

Also, whoever mentioned a guy's prime going to 33, that ain't really the case. In the post-roids era, most guys are slowing down noticeably once the cross into their 30s, even many of the best players. Sure there's always some that maintain close to their prime into their mid-30s, but they are few and far between. And most of those guys didn't spend 10 or so years of their life getting the shit beat out of their body playing QB from HS to the nfl like they were a fullback.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...-albert-pujols

vCash

I wouldn't count on degrom and syndergaard getting traded just yet. Certainly could happen, but not many teams have the prospects to pull one of those guys

Banned
    vCash
    So you like watching guys way past their prime playing out the end of their careers?
    I certainly prefer watching Bautista, Cespedes and Tebow over whoever the 17 the Marlins are trotting out. Apparently all of Miami agrees with me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wouldn't count on degrom and syndergaard getting traded just yet. Certainly could happen, but not many teams have the prospects to pull one of those guys
    Neither of them are getting traded unless somebody just blows them away with a crazy offer of prospects.

They are still under team control for multiple years at below market value, and degrom is one of the best pitchers in baseball, while Syndergaard is when healthy.

vCash
    Jim Carrey says, "So there is a chance?"
    Michael Jordan says, "Hello from Birmingham."
    Bill Veeck says" Bring him up asap."
    Goldendawg says, "I hope he does make the show." Would be quite another positive chapter to his life's story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I certainly prefer watching Bautista, Cespedes and Tebow over whoever the 17 the Marlins are trotting out. Apparently all of Miami agrees with me.
    I'd rather watch a beer league softball game than the marlins, but that doesn't mean I'd watch the Mets. There's still 28 other teams out there to pick from if I wanna watch a baseball game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Neither of them are getting traded unless somebody just blows them away with a crazy offer of prospects.

They are still under team control for multiple years at below market value, and degrom is one of the best pitchers in baseball, while Syndergaard is when healthy.
    Yankees could do it and are in need of a SP. Mets problem is they are old and don't really have much in the way of a farm system. Amed Rosario may turn into a star, but he has struggled thus far and doesn't look like he'll join guys like lindor and seager as the new generation of elite SSs. Conforto has been up and down and can't stay healthy. They simply aren't going to be ready to win before Syndergaard's and degrom's contracts are up. Trading those guys now maximizes trade value. Maybe the Yankees would give up andujar and another good prospect. Coming into 2018, Yankees had 7 prospects rated as high or higher than the Mets best prospect (Torres and andujar now in the bigs), they definitely have the ammo to get a guy and the need for another SP.

vCash
    Y'all oughta quit fussin' 'bout Tebow's potential MLB career and just bet some money on it.

And while I'm here, and know less than dick about baseball:

How big a jump is it from HS, to the Minors, to the Majors? and what is the hierarchy of A, AA, AAA, etc?

Oh, and explain it so a 'neck, Bammer Marine can understand... some comparatives would help.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Y'all oughta quit fussin' 'bout Tebow's potential MLB career and just bet some money on it.

And while I'm here, and know less than dick about baseball:

How big a jump is it from HS, to the Minors, to the Majors? and what is the hierarchy of A, AA, AAA, etc?

Oh, and explain it so a 'neck, Bammer Marine can understand... some comparatives would help.
    HS to minors (rookie/A)= big jump. Think 2007 bama loss to ULM.

A to A+ = this is where real prospects start separating. Think 2008 bama loss to Florida

A+ to AA = this is future mlb players start to really become apparent. Many prospects go straight to mlb from here. Think 2010 bama loss to LSU

AA to AAA = not that big of a jump imo. Lots of AAAA players and mlb wash outs here. Think 2010 bama loss to auburn

AAA to mlb = huge jump... the biggest imo. Think 2014 stomping bama took from Ohio state in playoffs or 2018 loss at home to miss state

vCash

A to A+ = this is where real prospects start separating. Think 2008 bama loss to Florida

A+ to AA = this is future mlb players start to really become apparent. Many prospects go straight to mlb from here. Think 2010 bama loss to LSU

AA to AAA = not that big of a jump imo. Lots of AAAA players and mlb wash outs here. Think 2010 bama loss to auburn

AAA to mlb = huge jump... the biggest imo. Think 2014 stomping bama took from Ohio state in playoffs or 2018 loss at home to miss state

vCash

Congratulations, you have been promoted to "SDI" (Senior Drill Instructor) for the day.

No.

vCash

Outstanding ... LMFAO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Congratulations, you have been promoted to "SDI" (Senior Drill Instructor) for the day.
    Shiny black belt for him.

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    I Laughed. I Appreciated the research. But Tusk didn't dish out low hanging fruit. Just Saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    But Tusk didn't dish out low hanging fruit.
    Huh!?! Tusk's the "wiffleball" of message board hot-takery*******

vCash

Pure greatness!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Huh!?! Tusk's the "wiffleball" of message board hot-takery*******
    You get the billet of "SDI" starting ~1 hour ago, when MSSTATE7's time was up....

Sublime retort, by friend.

edit: disallowed to rep you.
    Last edited by TUSK; 07-14-2018 at 01:11 AM.

No.