Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow batted .226 with 8 HRS & 52 RBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Tebow is always gonna have haters no matter what. Haters are jealous douche bags. If you find yourself hating on Tebow maybe you should ask yourself if you're jealous and be honest with yourself. You probably hate Tom Brady too. Haters smell.
    I don't hate Tebow and if you read my comments you will understand that. My comments are based on his ability to play baseball, a subject you are clearly retarded about.

vCash
    Name another player that will sell more tickets for the Mets this year than Tebow would? That includes their current MLB roster. That is why he will most definitely be called up by the Mets this year and he's going to be the talk of NYC for months. He will be a must see item and the Mets will be sold out and dominating the sports headlines in the city that has the Yankees reigning king. I am fired up for Tebow. Can not wait.
    NYC ain’t the south. He’s not gonna move the ticker in NYC for more than a couple days, if that. He’d be more of a headline generator than actually attracting fans to the games. And when he’s hitting .150 after a couple weeks, no one is gonna give a shit about the headlines either. Someone that’d actually help the Mets win enough games to compete for a wild card would sell more tickets, maybe an Ahmad Rosario breakout.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I don't hate Tebow and if you read my comments you will understand that. My comments are based on his ability to play baseball, a subject you are clearly retarded about.
    Clean it up bruh looks like we found the jealous one

vCash
    Clean it up bruh looks like we found the jealous one
    Do you have anything of substance to add to this thread? I mean, anything based on fact or logic?

Wait...you're dawgs61....of course you don't. My bad.

Banned
    vCash
    Do you have anything of substance to add to this thread? I mean, anything based on fact or logic?

Wait...you're dawgs61....of course you don't. My bad.
    Jesus turned water into wine. That's not based on fact or logic. Tebow will shine in the city that doesn't sleep this year. That's also not based on fact or logic. Spell my name correctly if you're gonna use it Bubb Rubb and Little Sis.

Banned
    vCash
    Jesus turned water into wine. That's not based on fact or logic. Tebow will shine in the city that doesn't sleep this year. That's also not based on fact or logic. Spell my name correctly if you're gonna use it Bubb Rubb and Little Sis.
    I doubt very seriously he gets called up to Flushing, NY this year. whether they're in the hunt in Sept or not. that would give the Tebow haters lots of negative ammo to throw at him. (denying a more qualified player a shot).... He's just not ready yet. I also don't think he's ready for spring training yet either and I hope the invite he got isn't keeping someone else whose more qualified from an invite.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I doubt very seriously he gets called up to Flushing, NY this year. whether they're in the hunt in Sept or not. that would give the Tebow haters lots of negative ammo to throw at him. (denying a more qualified player a shot).... He's just not ready yet. I also don't think he's ready for spring training yet either and I hope the invite he got isn't keeping someone else whose more qualified from an invite.
    America needs Tebow in MLB. I hope he gets called up and mashes 65 homeruns taking the Mets all the way to game 7 of the NLCS before they lose to the Giants.

vCash
    America needs Tebow in MLB. I hope he gets called up and mashes 65 homeruns taking the Mets all the way to game 7 of the NLCS before they lose to the Giants.
    While you're at it, dawgs61, hope to win the lottery. You have an exponentially better chance of that happening than Tebow doing any of this. Most baseball insiders would be shocked to see him in AAA, let alone the show.

He will grant a couple of make-a-wish wishes, he will sign a lot of autographs, and he will conduct himself with integrity. Credit to him for all of that. And he will do all of that in Binghampton...if he makes it through spring training. If he struggles in spring training, there's a better than even chance he gets released.

vCash
    In other words, it will be a miracle. Thanks for finally acknowledging this, dawgs61.

Banned
    vCash
    While you're at it, dawgs61, hope to win the lottery. You have an exponentially better chance of that happening than Tebow doing any of this. Most baseball insiders would be shocked to see him in AAA, let alone the show.

He will grant a couple of make-a-wish wishes, he will sign a lot of autographs, and he will conduct himself with integrity. Credit to him for all of that. And he will do all of that in Binghampton...if he makes it through spring training. If he struggles in spring training, there's a better than even chance he gets released.
    and there's a better chance of winning the lottery than Tebow getting released if he struggles in spring training. I think you are jumping the gun on his chances since this was his first year after a 12 year absence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    and there's a better chance of winning the lottery than Tebow getting released if he struggles in spring training. I think you are jumping the gun on his chances since this was his first year after a 12 year absence.
    I'm not making it up. There are rumblings of it in the press in NY. Tebow is popular in Florida so he draws crowds to Port St. Lucie. Binghampton, Las Vegas, and New York are different stories. It will be a novelty for a bit but it will wear off. They aren't going to block the development of a young player with high upside by putting a 30 year old, no glove, .200 hitter ahead of him. It's not going to happen. His value to the organization was positive press with the signing, and ticket sales in Florida. They got all of that last year. If he don't start playing better, he will no longer be of use to them.

vCash
    Does anyone in New York care about Tim Tebow? NYC really isn't a college sports town, it's a long way from SEC country, and Tebow has done little of note athletically in 5+ years.

I could see the Rays trying something like that in September, but I don't see Tebow making much splash in attendance or attention in New York.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm not making it up. There are rumblings of it in the press in NY. Tebow is popular in Florida so he draws crowds to Port St. Lucie. Binghampton, Las Vegas, and New York are different stories. It will be a novelty for a bit but it will wear off. They aren't going to block the development of a young player with high upside by putting a 30 year old, no glove, .200 hitter ahead of him. It's not going to happen. His value to the organization was positive press with the signing, and ticket sales in Florida. They got all of that last year. If he don't start playing better, he will no longer be of use to them.
    his defense picked up the 2nd half of the season, I think he'll continue to improve. the newspapers are not calling the shots, the GM is. and the GM likes him. if he didn't he would have said "He'll get a fair chance to see if he can improve" but he didn't. he said that he thinks Tebow could make it to Flushing. but personally, I don't think the invite to spring training was wise. there are many others more deserving of that invite that him at this point. I still think it's impressive for him to have been out 12 years and accomplish what he did in his first year. dude's gonna get a chance, but I agree with you in that he'll have to get better. they will not let him continue indefinitely for the reasons you stated.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Does anyone in New York care about Tim Tebow? NYC really isn't a college sports town, it's a long way from SEC country, and Tebow has done little of note athletically in 5+ years.

I could see the Rays trying something like that in September, but I don't see Tebow making much splash in attendance or attention in New York.
    I would say not playing for 12 years then performing at the level in his first year is something of note. But I agree with you, in NYC he's not going to be as much of a splash. but he'd be great for MLB overall. T.V. ratings would see a significant boost nationwide.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Does anyone in New York care about Tim Tebow? NYC really isn't a college sports town, it's a long way from SEC country, and Tebow has done little of note athletically in 5+ years..
    They were all up his ass when he was with the Jets
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Name another player that will sell more tickets for the Mets this year than Tebow would? That includes their current MLB roster. That is why he will most definitely be called up by the Mets this year and he's going to be the talk of NYC for months. He will be a must see item and the Mets will be sold out and dominating the sports headlines in the city that has the Yankees reigning king. I am fired up for Tebow. Can not wait.
    Ticket sales don't equal wins. If they bring Tebow up to sit on the bench the NY media will crucify the management. If they bring him up and he plays and blows a game or sucks it up.. The NY MEDIA will crucify the management. Tebow has a better chance of selling more tickets being announced as the new Mr. Met.

Tebow is always gonna have haters no matter what. Haters are jealous douche bags. If you find yourself hating on Tebow maybe you should ask yourself if you're jealous and be honest with yourself. You probably hate Tom Brady too. Haters smell.
    On that note.. I'm not a hater.. but George Takei has a message for YOU

vCash
    Your troll game is so weak dude...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Your troll game is so weak dude...
    Not trolling I fully expect Tebow to beat out one of these bums soon Juan Lagares, Brandon Nimmo, or Mat Den Dekker. I don't expect Tebow to play over the 3 starting OFs Bruce, Conforto, Cespedes but I expect one of them will get an injury cough cough Cespedes cough cough and I expect the Mets will start falling down the standings and the fans will call for Tebow to give the team and fans an emotional lift and that's when Tebow will take the 5th OF spot on the MLB roster bumping out a bum.

vCash
    Not trolling I fully expect Tebow to beat out one of these bums soon Juan Lagares, Brandon Nimmo, or Mat Den Dekker. I don't expect Tebow to play over the 3 starting OFs Bruce, Conforto, Cespedes but I expect one of them will get an injury cough cough Cespedes cough cough and I expect the Mets will start falling down the standings and the fans will call for Tebow to give the team and fans an emotional lift and that's when Tebow will take the 5th OF spot on the MLB roster bumping out a bum.
    Lagares can go get it defensively

vCash
    I'd love to know what you are smoking, because its some high quality stuff. Side effects are delusions about the abilities of Tebow, but I could put up with that if it made me as optimistic as you are about the guy.

Tim Tebow is a great human being. He does tremendous things for kids and charities. He is not an NFL QB, and he is not an MLB OF, DH, or anything else. He is an above average CFB analysts, and needs to stick with it.