Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
I believe in the unbelievable in life. It's just my makeup. I believe in humans to do seemingly impossible things. If I would tell you in 2005 that Dustin Pedroia would be the starting 2b for the Red Sox for over a decade straight, win an MVP, win 2 World Series and hit over 140 career homeruns you'd ask me what I was smoking just like you did here. People do amazing things every single day. I believe Tebow isn't done showing us to stop underestimating him.
Underestimating Tim Tebow is one of the more tired tropes in sports. The only time any one underestimated the guy was when he walked on the campus at Nease High School as a Home Schooler and said ?I wanna play QB?. He was a 5* recruit who signed with UF, played as a true Freshman, won a Heisman, was an intense competitor, won Nattys - but his abilities only took him to that level. Scouts said he would have a tough time making it in the NFL due to his mechanics, the offenses, and the speed of the guys on D. They were right. Does he have some baseball ability? Sure. He?s a damn good athlete. But, as you admitted, it would pretty much take a miracle for him to make MLB. He hasn?t played since high school, and I bet most of his rec ball was in Upward leagues. He doesn?t have the talent level of Josh Hamilton or Evan Gattis - guys who were all world talents who washed out, took time off, and had the ability to make it back. That is the level of talent it takes to do it at his age. That?s not underestimating him, it being truthful.