Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow batted .226 with 8 HRS & 52 RBI

vCash
    First time caller, long time listener. Love the show, btw.

I've got a question...

Is it possible to believe both that: 1) Tim is a great guy (with a great charity, who was an awesome college QB, and a pretty decent tv guy)...and 2) Tim isn't Major League material, or NFL QB material.

?????
    I'll hang up and listen.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'd love to know what you are smoking, because its some high quality stuff. Side effects are delusions about the abilities of Tebow, but I could put up with that if it made me as optimistic as you are about the guy.

Tim Tebow is a great human being. He does tremendous things for kids and charities. He is not an NFL QB, and he is not an MLB OF, DH, or anything else. He is an above average CFB analysts, and needs to stick with it.
    no. he's gonna give it another year or two and see what happens. and he should. being out of the game for 12 years and he just completed his first professional season. go read the article I posted earlier in this thread and tell me he should quit. no way. and it's not biased, it talks about the negatives and positives.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

I've got a question...

Is it possible to believe both that: 1) Tim is a great guy (with a great charity, who was an awesome college QB, and a pretty decent tv guy)...and 2) Tim isn't Major League material, or NFL QB material.

?????
    I'll hang up and listen.
    sure it's possible. but then again he just might get better. we'll see. after 12 years of not playing, what he did year ONE is quite impressive IMO. go read that article I posted earlier in the thread. very unbiased with good stats.

vCash
    The problem is that Tebow may get better, but he?s already on the wrong side of 30. Even if he spends a few years improving and becomes a MLB caliber OF or DH, he?ll be 32-34. At that age in the post-roid era, even many of the best players are becoming a shell of their former selves. I seriously doubt Tebow is ever a legitimate MLB player, but even if (a big if) he develops, he squeezes in a couple seasons before age catches up to him. A smart franchise would rather give those ABs to a <25 year old who can potentially contribute to the team over the entirety of his team control years. Tebow would be 38-40 before he was out from under team control.

I mean there?s always a 1 in a million chance, but there?s a minuscule chance I could turn into a MLB player too.
    Last edited by dawgs; 02-19-2018 at 04:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

I've got a question...

?????
    I'll hang up and listen.
    It depends, can you be critical of Tebow as a NFL QB and MLB prospect without being a “hater” of Tebow as a person? The Tebow fluffers don’t seem to think so. Should note that no one in here attacked Tebow’s character, religion, charity work, etc.
    Last edited by dawgs; 02-19-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'd love to know what you are smoking, because its some high quality stuff. Side effects are delusions about the abilities of Tebow, but I could put up with that if it made me as optimistic as you are about the guy.

Tim Tebow is a great human being. He does tremendous things for kids and charities. He is not an NFL QB, and he is not an MLB OF, DH, or anything else. He is an above average CFB analysts, and needs to stick with it.
    I believe in the unbelievable in life. It's just my makeup. I believe in humans to do seemingly impossible things. If I would tell you in 2005 that Dustin Pedroia would be the starting 2b for the Red Sox for over a decade straight, win an MVP, win 2 World Series and hit over 140 career homeruns you'd ask me what I was smoking just like you did here. People do amazing things every single day. I believe Tebow isn't done showing us to stop underestimating him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I believe in the unbelievable in life. It's just my makeup. I believe in humans to do seemingly impossible things. If I would tell you in 2005 that Dustin Pedroia would be the starting 2b for the Red Sox for over a decade straight, win an MVP, win 2 World Series and hit over 140 career homeruns you'd ask me what I was smoking just like you did here. People do amazing things every single day. I believe Tebow isn't done showing us to stop underestimating him.
    Sure I’d believe you. In 2005, at the age of 21, Pedroia slashed .293/.385/.452 with more BBS than Ks in AA and AAA. He was also a 2nd round draft pick. Looks like at worst you have an average future MLB starter with those numbers at that level at that age. I don’t see how this is comparable to tebow’s situation.

vCash
    Underestimating Tim Tebow is one of the more tired tropes in sports. The only time any one underestimated the guy was when he walked on the campus at Nease High School as a Home Schooler and said ?I wanna play QB?. He was a 5* recruit who signed with UF, played as a true Freshman, won a Heisman, was an intense competitor, won Nattys - but his abilities only took him to that level. Scouts said he would have a tough time making it in the NFL due to his mechanics, the offenses, and the speed of the guys on D. They were right. Does he have some baseball ability? Sure. He?s a damn good athlete. But, as you admitted, it would pretty much take a miracle for him to make MLB. He hasn?t played since high school, and I bet most of his rec ball was in Upward leagues. He doesn?t have the talent level of Josh Hamilton or Evan Gattis - guys who were all world talents who washed out, took time off, and had the ability to make it back. That is the level of talent it takes to do it at his age. That?s not underestimating him, it being truthful.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Sure I’d believe you. In 2005, at the age of 21, Pedroia slashed .293/.385/.452 with more BBS than Ks in AA and AAA. He was also a 2nd round draft pick. Looks like at worst you have an average future MLB starter with those numbers at that level at that age. I don’t see how this is comparable to tebow’s situation.
    Find dawgs if I was to tell you in 1998 Dustin Pedroia would be who he'd become. Better for ya now? Does my point resonate yet?

vCash
    Find dawgs if I was to tell you in 1998 Dustin Pedroia would be who he'd become. Better for ya now? Does my point resonate yet?
    I’m sure Dustin pedroia was the best or one of the best 14-15 year old kids in his region/state. He was recruited to Arizona st, a traditional baseball powerhouse, so I’m assuming by then he was on the radar as baseball talent by then. Given his age, he also had years of development and physical and mental maturation ahead of him and was still over a decade younger that most baseball players prime years which typically fall in the 25-30 range. Whereas Tebow is a poor hitting, poor fielding 30 year old that put up a sub-.700 ops against guys 10 years younger than him, and he’s already at an age where most players’ prime years are ending. And he spent 7 years playing in the NFL and CFB as a battering ram at QB, plus another couple seasons on practice squads, so his body has taken more of a beating than most 30 year old MLB players, most of whom stopped playing football sometime in HS.

So yeah, there’s no comparison at all. Picking one of the best teenage baseball players in the country and declaring they’d win MVPs and world series’ and play every day in the bigs for over a decade, I’d say you have a relatively good chance at being right (some of those teens are going to grow up and be stars, so picking one of the best teens gives you as good of a shot at being right as anyone). Picking a 30 year old who hasn’t played in 12 years and who had a sub-.700 ops and his .226 doesn’t have quite the same ceiling or expectation of success.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I’m sure Dustin pedroia was the best or one of the best 14-15 year old kids in his region/state. He was recruited to Arizona st, a traditional baseball powerhouse, so I’m assuming by then he was on the radar as baseball talent by then. Given his age, he also had years of development and physical and mental maturation ahead of him and was still over a decade younger that most baseball players prime years which typically fall in the 25-30 range. Whereas Tebow is a poor hitting, poor fielding 30 year old that put up a sub-.700 ops against guys 10 years younger than him, and he’s already at an age where most players’ prime years are ending. And he spent 7 years playing in the NFL and CFB as a battering ram at QB, plus another couple seasons on practice squads, so his body has taken more of a beating than most 30 year old MLB players, most of whom stopped playing football sometime in HS.

So yeah, there’s no comparison at all. Picking one of the best teenage baseball players in the country and declaring they’d win MVPs and world series’ and play every day in the bigs for over a decade, I’d say you have a relatively good chance at being right (some of those teens are going to grow up and be stars, so picking one of the best teens gives you as good of a shot at being right as anyone). Picking a 30 year old who hasn’t played in 12 years and who had a sub-.700 ops and his .226 doesn’t have quite the same ceiling or expectation of success.
    You're just arguing to argue. I can't spark inspiration in your life bruh only you can. Good luck

vCash
    i think you are just arguing to argue. it's sad no one can't spark rational thought processes for you in regards to the risks professional sports teams take when investing in talent.

Banned
    vCash
    Tebows net worth is $4M. I Love what he's doing. He's working his ass off. His teammates love him. He's a great human being. I would love to see him pull something great off. This season will tell us more how realistic his chances are.

vCash
    Not trolling I fully expect Tebow to beat out one of these bums soon Juan Lagares, Brandon Nimmo, or Mat Den Dekker. I don't expect Tebow to play over the 3 starting OFs Bruce, Conforto, Cespedes but I expect one of them will get an injury cough cough Cespedes cough cough and I expect the Mets will start falling down the standings and the fans will call for Tebow to give the team and fans an emotional lift and that's when Tebow will take the 5th OF spot on the MLB roster bumping out a bum.
    Man you are one dumb MFer. The best troll jobs need a hint of believability to be effective. Juan Lagares is a gold glove winner. Half the league asked about trading for Nimmo during the winter. He is going to be the Mets opening day leadoff hitter. Matt den Dekker is a plus plus defender. There are no less than 10 OF in the minors that would get a call before Tebow. The only reason they are putting him in AA is because he's 30 years old.

Nothing says emotional lift more than striking out twice a night, either.

Jose Reyes and Wilmer Flores, two guys who have never played OF in their careers, are getting time in the OF during spring training. That should tell you what the mets really think of your boy. Tebow isnt on anyone's radar. You will be an outfielder for the Mets before Tim Tebow. I realize you are just trolling at this point because nobody is this stupid, but as someone else said, your troll game is weak.

Banned
    vCash
    61s trolling on the overly optimistic side but he's right on the positive impact it would have on MLB overall.
    To be convinced he has no chance After one year preceded by a 12 year absence from the game is stupid too.

vCash
    Dock Ellis pitched a no-hitter on LSD. Clearly Tebow just needs to take some more LSD.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Man you are one dumb MFer. The best troll jobs need a hint of believability to be effective. Juan Lagares is a gold glove winner. Half the league asked about trading for Nimmo during the winter. He is going to be the Mets opening day leadoff hitter. Matt den Dekker is a plus plus defender. There are no less than 10 OF in the minors that would get a call before Tebow. The only reason they are putting him in AA is because he's 30 years old.

Nothing says emotional lift more than striking out twice a night, either.

Jose Reyes and Wilmer Flores, two guys who have never played OF in their careers, are getting time in the OF during spring training. That should tell you what the mets really think of your boy. Tebow isnt on anyone's radar. You will be an outfielder for the Mets before Tim Tebow. I realize you are just trolling at this point because nobody is this stupid, but as someone else said, your troll game is weak.
    You seem mad Bubb Rubb maybe Tebow can help you with your anger issues towards him and life in general

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    61s trolling on the overly optimistic side but he's right on the positive impact it would have on MLB overall.
    To be convinced he has no chance After one year preceded by a 12 year absence from the game is stupid too.
    It’s his age as much as anything. He’ll probably improve, but he has a very very short window to get mlb ready before his body is too old to produce at the level necessary. Guys that played baseball their whole lives see significant drops around 32-33 in the post-roids era and most are out of the league quickly thereafter.

vCash
    You seem mad Bubb Rubb maybe Tebow can help you with your anger issues towards him and life in general
    I'm not mad at all. Just in awe of your stupidity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    No it's not. Any improvement he may make will be offset by decline in ability due to his age. He's also not playing in a vacuum. He will step up to AA where the pitching is much better and defense is more important. He will have to improve just to put up similar numbers to what he did in A ball.

I'm rooting for him but he really has no chance.