Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow batted .226 with 8 HRS & 52 RBI

Banned
    vCash

Tim Tebow batted .226 with 8 HRS & 52 RBI

pretty damn impressive for his 1st year considering he hadn't played in 12 years . last year to play baseball was his jr year in high school.
    dude could be doing other things with his life but he's grinding it out in advanced A ball and from reports he's working his ass off.

the Mets GM is confident he will make the majors.

I've always liked and respected Tebow and now I do even more.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/0...s-gm-says.html

Banned
    vCash
    I'll buy a Mets Tebow jersey when he makes the majors. Hoping he has a strong spring training with them. He'd be phenomenal for MLB.

vCash
    I doubt he makes it. No GM is going to tell the media "yeah that guy has no chance".

vCash
    Baseball has changed. A .225 hitter that can hit 20+ HRs is considered and adequate hitter now. If age doesn't get him, he might have a shot.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I doubt he makes it. No GM is going to tell the media "yeah that guy has no chance".
    He will sell tickets and the Mets will be a story in a city dominated by the Yankees. I think he gets a shot for this reason. It's a brilliant move by the Mets. Tebow will be the #1 story in baseball not Stanton and Judge.

vCash
    We'll find out alot this Spring as he heads to AA ball.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We'll find out alot this Spring as he heads to AA ball.
    This too. AA is going to be tough for him to handle IMO.

Banned
    vCash
    Nice clip of him going opposite field yard for a walk off

Banned
    vCash
    this one shows him taking a few pitches before going yard

Banned
    vCash
    Here's one where he steps away from the on deck circle to shake the hand of an autistic child which causes the child to cry because he's so overjoyed with emotion. Then Tebow steps into the batters box and crushes an opposite field 3 run HR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Baseball has changed. A .225 hitter that can hit 20+ HRs is considered and adequate hitter now. If age doesn't get him, he might have a shot.
    According to his obp and defense

vCash
    No.

Not all .225 hitters are created equal.

Tim Tebow had an OPS below .700. His OBP and SLG numbers suck. And he's shown nothing to demonstrate he can hit 20 HRs. He hit 8 last season. Oh yeah, and he's a defensive liability. All of this in A ball last year.

By contrast, look at someone like Todd Frazier. He only hit .217 last year. But he got on base at a .344 clip, slugged .428, and played elite defense while hitting 27 home runs at the major league level. The guy had a WAR of 3.4 despite only hitting .217.

People who don't understand how the game is played will compare their batting average and think Tebow has a shot. He doesn't have a shot. The only thing he does of value for the organization is sell tickets. I love the guy and admire his work ethic, but he won't be a major leaguer.

Banned
    vCash
    this is a good article on Tebow's 1st year. breaks down his complete game. the highs and lows. I think it's too early to predict what will happen considering how long he was out of baseball and this being his first year back after a 12 year absence.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/so-ho...on/c-253230002

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    this is a good article on Tebow's 1st year. breaks down his complete game. the highs and lows. I think it's too early to predict what will happen considering how long he was out of baseball and this being his first year back after a 12 year absence.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/so-ho...on/c-253230002
    I just read an article from a scout who is watching him in camp right now. Said he "swings like a lumberjack" and "doesn't use his legs at all" and his swing "won't be effective against major league pitching." Defensively, he said Tebow "throws like he's trying to throw a wad of paper into a wastebasket" and he is "stiff and lacks mobility" in the field. This is despite him going through a rigid off season workout program designed to get him in better baseball shape.

But the best thing about baseball - the numbers will tell the tale. If he performs, he will make it. But he's got to become magically better at all of the following to even have a chance: hitting for average, hitting for power, drawing walks, defensive range, and fundamental technique. Oh yeah, and the guy is 30. Most of the guys working through these things in the low minors are 19/20 years old. The odds are very long against him. He's never even seen a pitch above A ball and we're contemplating his major league career.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    People who don't understand how the game is played will compare their batting average and think Tebow has a shot. He doesn't have a shot. The only thing he does of value for the organization is sell tickets. I love the guy and admire his work ethic, but he won't be a major leaguer.
    Name another player that will sell more tickets for the Mets this year than Tebow would? That includes their current MLB roster. That is why he will most definitely be called up by the Mets this year and he's going to be the talk of NYC for months. He will be a must see item and the Mets will be sold out and dominating the sports headlines in the city that has the Yankees reigning king. I am fired up for Tebow. Can not wait.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I just read an article from a scout who is watching him in camp right now. Said he "swings like a lumberjack" and "doesn't use his legs at all" and his swing "won't be effective against major league pitching." Defensively, he said Tebow "throws like he's trying to throw a wad of paper into a wastebasket" and he is "stiff and lacks mobility" in the field. This is despite him going through a rigid off season workout program designed to get him in better baseball shape.

But the best thing about baseball - the numbers will tell the tale. If he performs, he will make it. But he's got to become magically better at all of the following to even have a chance: hitting for average, hitting for power, drawing walks, defensive range, and fundamental technique. Oh yeah, and the guy is 30. Most of the guys working through these things in the low minors are 19/20 years old. The odds are very long against him. He's never even seen a pitch above A ball and we're contemplating his major league career.
    Tebow is always gonna have haters no matter what. Haters are jealous douche bags. If you find yourself hating on Tebow maybe you should ask yourself if you're jealous and be honest with yourself. You probably hate Tom Brady too. Haters smell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Name another player that will sell more tickets for the Mets this year than Tebow would? That includes their current MLB roster. That is why he will most definitely be called up by the Mets this year and he's going to be the talk of NYC for months. He will be a must see item and the Mets will be sold out and dominating the sports headlines in the city that has the Yankees reigning king. I am fired up for Tebow. Can not wait.
    Mike trout lol

vCash
    I see msstate7 and bubb rubb beat me to it, but what they said.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Mike trout lol
    Lebron James would sell more tickets than Tebow but he ain't playing baseball and I actually don't think Trout would sell more than him as crazy as that sounds. Tebow is a massive story just waiting for the Mets to drop it at anytime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Yoenis Cespedes and Noah Syndergaard will sell many more tickets than Tebow if they are competing for a division title.

The only way Tebow plays for the Mets this year is if they are out of the playoff chase and playing meaningless games in September. In that case, you will see a modest increase in ticket sales.....they will go from crummy to slightly better than crummy.

There are only 25 spots on the major league roster. They are not going to give a roster spot to someone based on ticket sales. If they are competing for the division, which is what they expect to be doing given their power in the middle of the lineup and arguably the best starting rotation in the game, Citi Field will not need a gimmick to sell tickets. NY fans notoriously come out for winners, and stay home for losers.

He currently has Jay Bruce, Yoenis Cespedes, Michael Conforto, Juan Lagares, Brandon Nimmo, and Mat Den Dekker at the MLB level ahead of him, and a host of AAA and AA outfielders ahead of him. His ability to sell tickets will not be a factor in whether he gets a promotion or not.
    Last edited by Bubb Rubb; 02-19-2018 at 11:30 AM.