Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunter renfroe to braves? (Doubt it)

vCash

Hunter renfroe to braves? (Doubt it)

Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi
    Trade interest in Hunter Renfroe has picked up since #Padres reached agreement with Eric Hosmer, sources say. #Braves are known to be looking for an outfielder. @MLB @MLBNetwork
    9:34 PM - Feb 18, 2018

Not sure if this tweet is even linking the 2 clubs or just throwing something against the wall. Would be nice to have inciarte, acuna, and hunter though

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I would love that move
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    I wish!

vCash
    Renfroe would cost at least one high end prospect if not two on the trade market.

If I'm the Padres I wouldn't trade Renfroe unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Renfroe would cost at least one high end prospect if not two on the trade market.

If I'm the Padres I wouldn't trade Renfroe unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse.
    Teheran for renfroe could work

vCash
    I’m ready to see Acuna play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I’m ready to see Acuna play.
    Acuna, Albies, gohara, and Swanson (big bounce back coming) will be fun this year. I think Newcomb has a nice season too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Teheran for renfroe could work
    I doubt the Padres would want to take Tehran and his salary for Renfroe. The Braves would have to throw in another prospect or two to take what would amount to be a salary dump in a way.

I'm thinking that they would want one of the Braves higher end young pitchers in AA or AAA.

vCash

I'm w you, based on how the padres are built this isn't happening, unless the braves part w multiple prospects. 3/4 he's 5 years away from free agency. Can't see it

vCash
    Acuna, Albies, gohara, and Swanson (big bounce back coming) will be fun this year. I think Newcomb has a nice season too
    I hope Swanson bounces back. I loved that trade to get him, and I hope it ends up paying off.

vCash
    I doubt the Padres would want to take Tehran and his salary for Renfroe. The Braves would have to throw in another prospect or two to take what would amount to be a salary dump in a way.

I'm thinking that they would want one of the Braves higher end young pitchers in AA or AAA.
    The fact the padres are listening to offers is telling to me that renfroe has lost some luster in their organization. His .284 obp and 29.2% k rate last season has certainly hurt his value. I am not sure I send Teheran straight up much less kicking in more

vCash

Yeah, but the Braves have such prospects to spare. Allard plus Wisler/Blair and a medium prospect should do it, assuming the Padres are low on Hunter.

vCash
    The fact the padres are listening to offers is telling to me that renfroe has lost some luster in their organization. His .284 obp and 29.2% k rate last season has certainly hurt his value. I am not sure I send Teheran straight up much less kicking in more
    Well, someone like the Braves calling the Padres up and asking about Renfroe doesn't mean that the Padres are listening to offers. A lot of these media guys like Morosi tweet stuff like that out based on speculation a lot of times. The way it looks to me and following a number of these baseball media people- this one looks more like speculation to me rather than fact. I'll change my tune if other national baseball media guys jump in.

In a deal straight up for Teheran the Padres would be taking all the risk and Renfroe has only played about a year. It's very possible he will improve and he could become a potential All-Star OF or GG OF that could be under the Braves control for several years meaning he's cheap for them. Teheran is going to cost 11 million I think starting next year and then 12 million with a 1 million buyout at age 29 and his ERA was over 4. There's a lot more risk and expense on the Padres part of it not working out in their favor without the Braves adding more to the deal to lessen the risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Yeah, but the Braves have such prospects to spare. Allard plus Wisler/Blair and a medium prospect should do it, assuming the Padres are low on Hunter.
    Something more like this 7 ^^^^^^^

Although I would be thinking more like Fried than Whisler because if I'm not mistaken Fried has had some injury issues?

vCash

Although I would be thinking more like Fried than Whisler because if I'm not mistaken Fried has had some injury issues?
    I would do that in a heartbeat over giving up Teheran. Allard is tumbling in prospect ratings and wisher/Blair are pretty much DOA. I am interested in seeing Blair now that he lost 40 lbs this offseason though

vCash

Fried was traded to the Braves by the Padres. Yeah, he is a California kid with a long TJ episode that ended last year

vCash

Blister and back issues 1st half of last season. Was healthy and dealing 2nd half.

vCash
    Renfroe is frenchy without the average...think about that

vCash
    I?m looking forward to seeing all but Dansby. I label him a sleeper.... like Rip Van Winkle, as he has slept thru his entire MLB career to date

vCash
    Renfroe would not cost all that much. He certainly would not cost Teheran. He's now 26. His value has come down a bunch.